fbpx

***A Note on Quest Prizes***

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests ***A Note on Quest Prizes***

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

(Another “for what its worth..” post):

Drag0n, I know how long you’ve been trying to get a raffle prize (although I know this isn’t a raffle), and your video was amazing. You totally deserved to win that dragon, lady!! Congratulations on your new prize again, you TOTALLY deserve it, and don’t let any poo-poohers make you even START to think otherwise <3

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

dragonmedley
      Participant

I am now publicly announcing I no longer have the Quest Emperor I won at this point because I didn’t want to be stressed out about having such a nice prize when “I already have a collection so large I shouldn’t also have been allowed to win him at all” as someone had so eloquently put it after suggesting I have it sent directly to them from the factory.
        ^_^

Oh. My. God.

Are you friggin’ kidding me?!?!?

And that’s all I gotta say about that.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

pegasus4240
        Participant

Wow! That’s incredibly rude.

-- Angie

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

I’m so sorry to any who have and/or are going through these things.
            Drag0n! Your story is sad for me to read, I would go absolutely nuts-happy if I had an Emp show up on my doorstep! (At all, let alone a prize won!) From what I gather you well EARNED that dragon! Your collection should have absolutely no say on your right to win such an amazing prize! (If anything, a large collection would be good reason since you have spent so much supporting this company!) and members who didn’t get it, definitely have no say on your right to that dragon! Its a sad day when we can’t share our excitement because of others greed and grabby hands… I will tell people when I envy their collection (and in that, it is actually meant as a compliment! I commend those who have taken the time and money to get what they have!) but I will .never.ever. even think someone doesn’t deserve their collections and/or prizes!
            Leeching off members is the only way that is a truly unfair way to get these, imo. ‘n I hope no one ever caves into these poor-judgement reactions!

I hope the people doing this see this thread and see that their greed is on the verge of punishing everyone, we’re lucky that they’re only talking about limiting to one per person, and not take it all away completely!

As for those with respect here. Though I am new here, I thank you, for being a decent person! 🙂

and I especially thank Melody and the Windstone staff for all that you do for us!

Azurielle
            Participant

Sigh. I really hope the few don’t ruin it for the many. This is really THE NICEST forum I’ve ver been on, and I just Mom alway said treat others the way you would like to be treated. This means don’t “say”, post, message etc, anything you wouldn’t want said to you. Personally, I don’t mind people saying “hey if you ever consider….think about me.” But what was said to Dragon was uncalled for. Plus, this is also what the Wishlist/WTB/etc threads are for.

Keeper of the Fledgings

kitsunelady
              Participant

Wow. @ drag0n. Whoever said that to you needs a serious attitude adjustment. I’d probably have laughed in their face. I haven’t participated in any of the quests, but that kind of makes me want to, just so I can win something and have this/these nutter( s ) try harassing ME. n_n

Rusti
                Participant

Dude, for real? I can’t hardly believe someone would be so greedy and hateful as to seriously suggest that! Whoever they are needs to go play in the road. For crying out loud!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I sometimes think people on here might resent me secretly because I have a large collection, but I did work hard for it. Anyway, this really is the best forum I have ever been a part of and I hope to continue to meet all kinds of new and wonderful people as I have in the years I’ve been hanging around. ^_^ I’m sure I’ll win another prize someday so I’m not going anywhere. One person isn’t going to ruin anything for me!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Sirithiliel
                    Participant

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I sometimes think people on here might resent me secretly because I have a large collection, but I did work hard for it. Anyway, this really is the best forum I have ever been a part of and I hope to continue to meet all kinds of new and wonderful people as I have in the years I’ve been hanging around. ^_^ I’m sure I’ll win another prize someday so I’m not going anywhere. One person isn’t going to ruin anything for me!

A great attitude to have! =) I for one won’t be emailing or PM’ing anyone requesting to get their prize from them, i’ll win one myself or paint my own haha. But I’ll freely admire any pictures posted! There are a lot of really good people on here, I have found out, and a few bad apples won’t spoil the good time for me and shouldn’t for anyone else either. ^^

You worked hard and earned what you have Dragon and that is your absolute RIGHT!

I am happy for you that you have beautiful things that make you feel good (YOU EARNED THEM) and for those who are envious in a negative way and are unkind and demanding ….YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

I am glad for you that you won a Quest Emp and I feel bad that you felt backed into a corner enough to feel the need to trade it away. It is good to know that you got in trade soemthing that you love though.

Be kind to others for Karma has a was of finding us all.

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

I sometimes think people on here might resent me secretly because I have a large collection, but I did work hard for it.

I may envy, but certainly wouldn’t ever resent! More.. admire than anything! 🙂
                        You worked hard and went through a lot to get your collection! and I truly do admire that you followed your dreams with your collection!

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Awe thanks guys ^_^ it’s not a big deal really. Like I said, I’m getting something equally cool in return so when I get that I may post some of the pictures I took of the Quest Emp with the new owners permission if that’s cool.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
                          Participant

Awe thanks guys ^_^ it’s not a big deal really. Like I said, I’m getting something equally cool in return so when I get that I may post some of the pictures I took of the Quest Emp with the new owners permission if that’s cool.

Although I KNOW the owner wont mind (I am not the new owner by the way), photographs are owned by the person who takes them, and not necessarily the person or thing within the photo (only in special cases does the person or thing in the photo own the taken photograph and this isn’t the case!).

Just wanted to say! Cause I’ve had people come to me lately with grab bag uni photos of unis they no longer own and they want to ask permission of the new owners to post it. Every time, I’m like – NO! You own that, you do what you want with it!! XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Skeeterdeee
                            Participant

I sent a “If you’d rather have a…I’d be very happy to trade…” message to a pebble winner. It’s never bugged me to receive those kind of messages. How is someone supposed to know you would really like something unless you make it known? But there’s no reason to be mean, pushy, and insulting when you get a “no”. I’m sad to hear that it happened, drag0n. I admit, I was kinda afraid to post pics of Tesla because I knew there were a lot of us hoping for him. After I posted the pics, I got a trade offer on him that I didn’t accept. I got a very polite “that’s okay, keep me in mind” message in response. I saved the PM, if I ever have to part with him she will be the first person I contact. That’s the way I think it should go. A little kindness goes a long way and will be remembered. Always remember: You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. <3 **snuggle hugs**

Trava
                              Participant

I don’t post my ebay wins or pics of my collection because of stuff like this…

But saying that the rules would change the way they were posted seems like it is punishing the winners…

Perhaps if this continues to be a problem Windstone could think about not publicly posting the names of the winners? If they were contacted about their prizes in private no one would know who they were to pester them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.