fbpx

A General Thank You to the Windstone Staff Regarding the Peanuts

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback A General Thank You to the Windstone Staff Regarding the Peanuts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Prezaurian
    Participant

I just wanted to say thank you to the Windstone staff for using the biodegradable packing peanuts. Mainly because it’s really easy to dispose of the eco-friendly little things. I just trundle them down to my compost heap and pour water over them. Poof! They dissolve! No filling up the trashcan with loads of peanuts! Thanks so much! 😀

Susie
      Keymaster

Clean packing peanuts (we call them “foo foos”) can also be donated to someone who can reuse them. We have someone in town who brings us a bag of recycled foo foos now and then, and we reuse foo foos that come to us, which means that sometimes you’ll get a package from us that has styrofoam foo foos in it.

Prezaurian
        Participant

🙂 I can usually tell the difference between the two kinds (they’re surprisingly distinctive looking). I sometimes receive a mixture of the two types of foo foos too. I haven’t put any of the non-biodegradable foo foos on my compost heap yet. So no worries!

I had bags and bags of them in my basement. Probably like 8 GIANT trash bags totally full. A coworker from my old job was moving to Africa and I almost all of them to her to pack all her items. Since they were biodegradable she also was very happy!

Also… when an ex-coworker was leaving for another job and on his last day a friend and I loaded his car about half way full of them as a little surprise prank. Hysterical. It only took about two days for them to dissolve in the parking lot! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Falcolf
          Participant

I got shipped a box of the mix! I was so confused haha, but anyway, I too love the biodegradable peanuts! It is SO fun watching them melt in the drain haha.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

A little word to the wise regarding these biodegradable peanuts – mice love them!

There was another thread a while back about this, too. So, if you store them, just make sure that it’s not in a garage, basement, etc where the little beasties could be and think you left them a nice, big buffet dinner. 😉

How do I know this? Hah! The hard way, of course! We put a big bag of foo-foos up in the loft of my garage and came back a month or so later to find the bag almost empty of foo-foos but mouse poop was left in exchange.

So, the peanuts go straight into recycling now.

Life is beautiful.

Susie
            Keymaster

Mice recycle them into a smaller more condensed state! 😉

My cats have tried to “recycle” them too!

A little word to the wise regarding these biodegradable peanuts – mice love them!

There was another thread a while back about this, too. So, if you store them, just make sure that it’s not in a garage, basement, etc where the little beasties could be and think you left them a nice, big buffet dinner. 😉

How do I know this? Hah! The hard way, of course! We put a big bag of foo-foos up in the loft of my garage and came back a month or so later to find the bag almost empty of foo-foos but mouse poop was left in exchange.

Ah yes, this happened to me too in my basement, but it keeps them out of my upstairs apartment so I don’t have to clean up mouse guts vs. cleaning mouse poop. My cats do not play nice with wee little mice and they are so cute! I don’t like having to dispose of their little corpses >_< I know some people might be bothered by mice in their house, but I don't mind them. I use the have-a-heart traps and man do they LOVE peanut butter! As long as they aren't in my living area they can squat in the garage and basement all they want.

My cats also recucle them. I find half eaten ones all the time when I sweep under the furniture. I have even step barefoot in half eaten ones. *squish* That wasn't too pleasant, but better then the hairball I THOUGHT I stepped in at first!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ah yes, this happened to me too in my basement, but it keeps them out of my upstairs apartment so I don’t have to clean up mouse guts vs. cleaning mouse poop. My cats do not play nice with wee little mice and they are so cute! I don’t like having to dispose of their little corpses >_< I know some people might be bothered by mice in their house, but I don't mind them. I use the have-a-heart traps and man do they LOVE peanut butter! As long as they aren't in my living area they can squat in the garage and basement all they want.

My cats also recucle them. I find half eaten ones all the time when I sweep under the furniture. I have even step barefoot in half eaten ones. *squish* That wasn't too pleasant, but better then the hairball I THOUGHT I stepped in at first!

Ha ha! drag0n – you are right. Packing peanuts are one way to herd the mice into the acceptable areas of the house. Most houses have mice and as long as the population stays in their part (attic, garage) we get along just fine. My cat has caught a couple and it’s not pretty.

She does get into the packing peanuts sometimes, too. As gooshy as they are to step on, they are far better than the alternatives.

I use peanut butter in the safe traps, too. Although, I could use packing peanuts. Hm… I wonder if they would just drag it out? No, stick with the peanut butter!

Life is beautiful.

I didn’t realize the biodegradable ones melted if you pour water on them! Now I know what to do with all the bags of foo foos building up in my cubicle at work.

I loved the look on my housemates face when I popped a small handful of Windstone packing peanut into my mouth.

“Man, I’m hungry. Oh, peanuts, Nom, nom, nom!”

It’s always a blast pulling that off on unsuspecting people.

~Hoofer, not so right in the noodle, but always out for fun.

WolfenMachine
              Participant

I loved the look on my housemates face when I popped a small handful of Windstone packing peanut into my mouth.

“Man, I’m hungry. Oh, peanuts, Nom, nom, nom!”

It’s always a blast pulling that off on unsuspecting people.

~Hoofer, not so right in the noodle, but always out for fun.

LOL!!! Hilarious! I would have liked to have been there for that.

Another word to the wise…they can attract weevils. I keep peanuts (both the biodegradable Windstone ones and the Styrofoam ones) in case I need/want to sell a Windstone or…move (I seem to move about every 2 years). I opened up a cardboard box today I had gotten from Windstone (that had been sitting in the spare bedroom for a few months) and saw some little weevils hangin’ out. O.O I’ve been storing peanuts/foo foos for years and never saw this!

The feeling is mutual – thanks Windstone for using the biodegradable peanuts!

I save the ‘foo foos’ for reuse rather than compost them (one day I’ll have a place of my own and actually be *able* to compost, bleh!), but I have to make sure I keep them away from my cat! She’ll pry open boxes and claw through bags to be able to eat these. So far she hasn’t consumed even a whole one, but for some reason she’s obsessed with just getting one and licking it for a few minutes 🙂 She never has that reaction with the styrofoam peanuts. Anybody else’s pets go after these things?

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Falcolf
                Participant

My kitties haven’t and I’ve got boxes of foo foos all over my room/storage unit because I’ve refused to recycle any of the packaging that my Windstones have come in (expecting as I have been to move out at any time… but it has only been recently where there has been any inkling that that might even happen! I hope so!) I think my cats would play with them if I gave them one, but I don’t think they would think of them as food. (I have kept carbs out of their diet as much as possible as I have raised them, hoping to have them grow/age to their full genetic potentials.)

But y’never know, cats can be pretty weird and if they did eat some, I wouldn’t be all that surprised either.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.