fbpx

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    PhoenixTears
    Participant

purplecat wrote:

Is there a security setting of some sort to guard against single members with multiple email addresses sending more than one entry? They could also use a neighbors or perhaps even parents address to muck up the works…..it seems odd to me that there are three times the number of entries than there are people who voted on an “Are you here?” poll…..

Then again….that all may just be some paranoia on my part…. 😳

Heres how I see it cause I’m on your train of thought. I don’t even enter the raffles because I live in a house with a member that use to come here, and she enters the raffles. So I do not. Just to keep it fair – for some reason, I don’t feel I should enter. But thats neither here nor there…

I have to admit, I bet there was a spike in members when the word gets out periodically, that Melody does FREE raffles. I also have noticed, that while I pretty much recognize everyone here that says they are lurkers or don’t post much (and I’m not that old a member either but I still recognize your names), soooo many of those raffle winners … never heard of them in my life. If I’m curious, as I tend to be, I check them out and they have maybe, 3-5 posts, if not 1 total. I can’t say that for ALL of them, that they are here only for the raffles, but numbers are statistics and stats don’t lie. Everyone wants something for free. I get disappointed when I see a member that signed up a few months ago, win a raffle and yet a member that not only has been active here, but been on here since like, 2007, has never won ANY raffle they have entered (not talking about me or my cousin who was a member; remember, I don’t enter them tho I do cheer for what I would like so Melody gets to hear what people like in case she gets ideas for the Store).

So to me, her 350 email list has a lot to do with people interested in raffles only, and it was that pure motivation to sign up. Again, just my opinion but I call it like I see it and thats how I see it. I’m not saying you should have to post a lot to enter, but something is just fishy to me. And I know fish when I smell it! :shrug:

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

What sway said..mostly..I don’t have a family member on here..I are the member 😀 Just not on as often as I use to be. Between keeping up with Facebook and baby sitting my new grand daughter I’m just not here as often.

Anonymous

Jennifer wrote:

True enough, but Melody says that it’s only open to forum members. If someone enters and is NOT a forum member and happens to win, disqualified! It’s easy to see if they are a member and when they signed up.

Gotcha. We might want to actually state that in the entry instructions just to be clear.

etruscan
        Participant

This raffle is FREE for Windstone forum members. Here is the link to the forum if you’d like to join us: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/

SO if you would like to enter this raffle and you are a Windstone forum member, email me your forum name, and real name and address with the words “January 2011 raffle” in the subject line -so I can find your entry among the spam …

The text above, or something similar, is part of Melody’s blog posts about the raffles. This particular quote is from the announcement of the January raffle. Sentences like that are where I got the idea that you have to be a forum member to enter the raffles.

Katherine
          Participant

I am not as active as I used to be, but I log in somewhat frequently!

Anonymous

This is one of the issues about having so many different places of information, and something that will be less of a problem soon with the new website. One login. Ooh.

Laurie
              Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I am not as active as I used to be, but I log in somewhat frequently!

I’m always logged in. I don’t think i ever leave. 😕 8)

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Snapdragon wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

True enough, but Melody says that it’s only open to forum members. If someone enters and is NOT a forum member and happens to win, disqualified! It’s easy to see if they are a member and when they signed up.

Gotcha. We might want to actually state that in the entry instructions just to be clear.

Is there a place where it isn’t clear? The blogs say it, and so does the sticky announcement I made about raffles…
                  If there’s a place that isn’t clear about it we can make it so!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

I can say that I did join the forum to enter this past months raffle. The funny thing is that I have been coming to this forum for years, but because I’m such a quiet lurker, I never took the time to register. I just finally decided that if I was going to keep stopping by to read the forums then I might as well have an account a maybe get lucky and win something. 🙂

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

dragonclaw74 wrote:

I can say that I did join the forum to enter this past months raffle. The funny thing is that I have been coming to this forum for years, but because I’m such a quiet lurker, I never took the time to register. I just finally decided that if I was going to keep stopping by to read the forums then I might as well have an account a maybe get lucky and win something. 🙂

Welcome! I’m so glad you decided to join us and say hello. 🙂
                    I hope you enjoy your visits!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Anonymous

Jennifer wrote:

and so does the sticky announcement I made about raffles…

And I looked again and it sure does. I didn’t see it the first time. I’ll just step away from the keyboard now and go back to doing what I know how to do in some dark corner of a data center…

I don’t wanna’ be a lurker anymore! 🙁 How long, or how many posts do I need to make in order to rid myself og=f that horrible tag? :shrug:

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

I thought it was 100 posts, but I might be wrong.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

If it hasn’t changed from here:

pegasi1978 wrote:

Break down of the posting levels
                          # of posts………………..level name
                          0…………………………Mint in Box Windstonian
                          1…………………………Limited Edition Windstonian
                          10………………………..Lurking Windstonian
                          100……………………….Social Windstonian
                          1,000……………………..Chatty Windstonian
                          5,000……………………..Super Social Windstonian
                          10,000…………………….Royal Social Windstonian
                          20,000?……………………Unknown

Looks like there were minor changes it went from “Super Chatty” to “Super Social” and “Royal Chatty” to “Royal Social”.

Purplecat
                          Participant

yep….and a few folks have special titles from Snappy, such as Skigod being “Pink Princess” ! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.