fbpx

8th Anniversary

Home Forums Miscellany Community 8th Anniversary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Copper83
    Participant

I’ve lost 105 pounds now so I’ve been going thru my clothes to see what I can wear now. For some reason I got this bug to try on my wedding dress. Well, not only could I get it on, but it was a bit big! πŸ™‚ I was going to tell my husband about it but I think I will wait untill the 21st (our 8th anniversary) and show him instead. πŸ˜€

Copper83
      Participant

Purplecat
        Participant

oh congrats!!!!!! I know what a challenge it can be to lose weight, that’s awesome! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

Oh super congrats! That is just fantastic! I wonder how he will react. πŸ™‚

Adaneth
            Participant

Congrats, that’s fantastic! πŸ˜€

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

YAY!!! CONGRATS!!! πŸ™‚ my dress doesn’t fit, that was 2 years, 2 babies, and 80 pounds ago πŸ™

Anonymous

CONGRATULATIONS! At least two achievements, married for 8 years WOOHOO and to fit into the wedding dress! ^5 and may you wear that dress on your 30th anniversary, too πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Copper83
                  Participant

Thank you everyone. πŸ˜€ I’ve still got a ways to go, but it’s a heck of a start. We’re going to my husband’s family reunion today. None of them have seen me since I started this. Should be fun. πŸ™‚

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Mega CONGRATS copper! That’s a fabulous accomplishment and I’m proud of you! I’ve got 60lbs. to go and i’m stuck *bleh* Any tips that might help? Big congrats and {{HUGS}} to you!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Kujacker
                      Participant

Grats on such an accomplishment!

Lokie
                        Participant

So awesome, congrats! πŸ˜€

Jasmine
                          Participant

Huge congrats!! You should post pics. πŸ˜€

machineguts
                            Participant

Oh wow, a major congrats is definitely in order!! That is an AWESOME accomplishment copper! :yes:

Copper83
                              Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Mega CONGRATS copper! That’s a fabulous accomplishment and I’m proud of you! I’ve got 60lbs. to go and i’m stuck *bleh* Any tips that might help? Big congrats and {{HUGS}} to you!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Well, for me, it’s all about controlling carbs. Remember, I’m dealing with diabetes. I rarely eat bread (maybe once a month as a treat), no potatoes, rice, or pasta, and very limited fruit (mostly berries, no fruit juice). I’m eating beef, pork, chicken, fish, eggs, cheese, nuts, peanut butter (once in a while, as a snack), and lots of non starchy veggies (corn and peas are out).

I was worried about eating at the family reunion we went to Sunday. Turned out okay though. I had a hamburger patty with cheese, a piece of chicken, some crab legs, some oriental cabbage salad, and cherry tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese. Ne dessert. I was stuffed, but when I checked my blood glucose level, I was at 108, which was great! Better than I expected. πŸ˜€

I’m not eating to lose weight. I’m eating to control my diabetes, and in doing so, the weight is just falling off, and I believe this will be the key to keeping it off this time.

Jasmine wrote:

Huge congrats!! You should post pics. πŸ˜€

Ummm……not yet. πŸ™‚

Copper83
                                Participant

Well, I wore my wedding dress for Russ tonight. He was impressed and thought it was a great anniversary surprise. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.