fbpx

3 more weeks….

Home Forums Miscellany Community 3 more weeks….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Azurielle
    Participant

Keeper of the Fledgings

Azurielle
      Participant

So only three more weeks until my little boy is due…I think these are the longest three weeks of the whole pregnancy. My feet look like I have elephantitus, my hands keep going numb from the Carpal Tunnel, I waddle when I walk, and I feel huge! He’s dropped a little so I can sort of breathe again. But that aside, I’ve had a really good pregnancy. Stil, I kind of want him to come a little early, just because I swear, I more miserable now, than any other part of the past 8 months, but know how stubborn this little boy is already, I’m betting he waits it out until his due date. I’m just a bit intimidated by the whole labor and delivery thing, and poor hubby is getting over shoulder surgery, so her can’t help me nearl as much as he usually does. Sigh…just wanted to get that out a bit, since I know there a lot of fellow mommies here who’ve done it all before.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Aww good luck! Everything will be fine. ๐Ÿ˜€

darjeb
          Participant

Yea he’ll be here soon

Hang in there! I know about this time of pregnancy, you think three weeks is long, wait until he is late! Every day will feel like a week! Karli was 5 days late and I swear those were the longest days of my life!

When labor finally did start, I didn’t trust it and ignored it for most of the day, until around 5 pm when I couldn’t ignore it anymore. But I’d already had the embarrassment of going to the hospital early once, I wasn’t doing it twice!

But she really did come that time. Labor started slow, then built to major discomfort over the day, getting very uncomfortable around 5pm, then staying at that level for several hours, ramping up in discomfort and intensity. Karli made her appearance at 3am.

Labor isn’t really that bad, uncomfortable as heck and getting towards painful as it builds, but not really unmanagable in the pain department until crowning, having a hard skull pressed up against your pelvic bones is not fun, but once the baby’s head and shoulders are through, all pain goes away, *snap*. And you forget all about it.

I was drug free for 90% of Karli’s birth, and while I can’t say I was real pleased with that, I also know now that if I had to do it again, I could do it without drugs altogether. I got an epi in the last 30 minutes of labor, and I really should have just skipped it, cause I ended up having blood pressure issues from it.

Sometimes in my less sane moments, I really think I would like to have another baby, but then I regain my sanity. But truthfully if I were to “accidently” get pregnant again, I wouldn’t be too terribly upset.

Anyway, don’t worry about labor too much. your body knows what to do, relax as much as you can and let it do what needs doing. It’s when you fight it that it hurts, read up on the stages of labor so you know what your body is doing, the more you understand what is happening, the less likely you will be scared, fear is what causes you to tense up and make it harder.

Just understand that during labor you are not going to be controlling your body all that much, the reins will kinda be yanked out of your hands a bit, just let them go. Controlling everything your body does all the time isn’t needed for this work. I think that is one of the reasons women fear labor so much, is because so much is not under their conscious control and it’s kinda scary to have your body doing things that you can’t really do anything about. So if you go into it knowing that that is going to happen, I think it helps.

Other things that help, before you go to the hospital if you haven’t eaten in a while, eat! Labor is hard work, you need the energy food gives you and once you reach the hospital they will starve you. When I had Alex, I didn’t eat anything, I was too excited. Was admitted to the hospital at around 10am, he wasn’t born until 2:38Am the next day, and they didn’t feed me until 8am. I hadn’t eaten since 9pm the day before that, so I went 35 hours without any food, and believe me, I was miserable.

So eat, and try to wait as long as you can before heading over to the hospital.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Kyrin

Kyrin

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Ditto what Kyrin said, especially about relaxing and letting your body do what it knows it’s supposed to do. My boys arrived 3 1/2 weeks early and I was huge as a house! I was so glad they weren’t late; they never lost any weight after they were born just kept gaining and growing…. If possible, use this last bit of time before he’s born to do some ‘nesting’; pamper yourself, find some time to spend together as a couple, put finishing touches to the nursery, etc. Have you chosen a name for your lil’ dude? Hope he gives you a break and gets here soon!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Azurielle
              Participant

Thanks for the advice Kyrin, and twinsdragonsmum. I didn’t take a whole lot of baby classes or anything, cause most of them were expensive, and I work too much, and I figured women hav edone this forever, so what did I need a class to tell me how to do it. But now I feel totally unprepared. But I guess you’re never really prepared? Anyhow, I think I’m just about done nesting, besides obsessing over keeping the place super clean, just in case he come sooner rather than later. Well, I’ll let you know when he (Tristen O’Connor) does make his appearance. ๐Ÿ˜€

Keeper of the Fledgings

I’m wishing you luck!!

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

You’ll do fine!!!! Seeing your little boy will make all the discomfort worth it! Best of luck and snuzzles!!!

Katherine
                Participant

Yes pamper yourself! It’s also a good thing that you’re keeping your place clean, because I “knew” that Chloe would come late, so I didn’t have our house clean at all! While I was in the hospital, my hubby would visit me, but then he’d go home to clean the house and car. Labor wasn’t as bad as I expected, but I had an epidural. Before the epi, I was miserable. I wanted to deliver naturally, but it ended up being too intense for me. When the time comes, just go with the flow. Your body will know what to do! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.