fbpx

2nd PYO dragon & new green on pg 3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone 2nd PYO dragon & new green on pg 3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

I like it much better now Ski. You gonna sell this one?

Actually, no. I am glad I sold the other one now, cuz I like this one alot better. It does not photograph well, either, so it probably would not do so well. Its kinda a goldie… greenie… purply… sunset colored dragon. Golden sunset. Yeah…that suits, and it looks better in person. Im veery happy with how it turned out.

Cool. Someday I hope to paint my dragon. I still have to finish the Ki-rin tho.

Wow, he looks really nice!

Skigod377
      Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Cool. Someday I hope to paint my dragon. I still have to finish the Ki-rin tho.

I think the dragons are the easiest to paint. I shudder to think how any wolf I do will turn out. I may not even paint them 😕

mimitrek wrote:

Wow, he looks really nice!

Thanks!! Im gonna take clearer pics when I get home and post them in my gallery.

frozendragon
        Participant

yeah I really like the new one in the gallery…I keep meaning to put a vote on it….but my head hurts and then I get all stupid and forget what I’m doing….

Skigod377
          Participant

I keep deleting and re uploading those pics over and over. Im sure its getting annoying. I think they are good now. Kep resized them for me 😀 I have since learned how to do it…now I just have to take a decent picture!

frozendragon
            Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I keep deleting and re uploading those pics over and over. Im sure its getting annoying. I think they are good now. Kep resized them for me 😀 I have since learned how to do it…now I just have to take a decent picture!

lol….sometimes it’s the camera…

Skigod377
              Participant

Whattaya think of this one? I go between liking and not liking it. I could use some advice.

He/She is not finished. I still have to glue a horn back on and touch up some white spots, but you get the idea.

Maria
                Participant

He’s nicely done. Rather too pink-looking for my taste, but that’s just me. I think you should darken the area around the eye, like they do on the Ruby dragons, and give his nostrils and nose a touch darker hue. The head should be the first thing to grab attention; right now its more his legs and tail because they’re darkest.
                  Other than that, besides coloring his hand claws, I can’t see anything I’d change. Nice job!

littleironhorse
                  Participant

I think the one thing that’s bothering my eyes is that the pink sides aren’t antiqued as opposed to the rest of him, so they sort of look like one block instead of indidual scales (am I making sense?). I love the rest, you’ve really grown as a painter!

Skigod377
                    Participant

I was thinking about antiquing him, but the only antique color I have is brown. I know there is white…Is there any other color antiques?

Maria
                      Participant

There’s a special paint for antiquing? I’d just take a purple or dark pink, maybe even bordeaux, give him a coat of it and carefully wipe off whatever comes off.

Skigod377
                        Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

There’s a special paint for antiquing? I’d just take a purple or dark pink, maybe even bordeaux, give him a coat of it and carefully wipe off whatever comes off.

Yeah. Its like a gel and its Awesome!

Lokie
                          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I was thinking about antiquing him, but the only antique color I have is brown. I know there is white…Is there any other color antiques?

DecoArt Staining Antiquing Medium is a clear gel that you mix with whatever acrylic color you want to make an antique in that color. You can use a little and mix with equal parts color so a bottle can be used for multiply colors and projects. I know you can get it for about .99 at a craft store. Not sure if they have it where you are.

Not sure if this helps.

Skigod377
                            Participant

Lokie wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

DecoArt Staining Antiquing Medium is a clear gel that you mix with whatever acrylic color you want to make an antique in that color. You can use a little and mix with equal parts color so a bottle can be used for multiply colors and projects. I know you can get it for about .99 at a craft store. Not sure if they have it where you are.

Not sure if this helps.

Thanks! I think I have it…I just didnt know how to use it!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.