fbpx

2012 Windstone Ebay Auctions Thread 2

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2012 Windstone Ebay Auctions Thread 2

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    yolanda
    Participant

I have had to remove the auction for the Blue Ice Hatching Emperor. This morning, I noticed green stains and streaks coming through his paint. The colored water that he was dipped in prior to painting has begun to bleed through his paint and turn green. His sister, the Hatching Empress, has also been badly effected. πŸ™

Other previous blue ice pieces shouldnt be affected by something like this ,should they ? I own one.
      Hoping to see the copper spring oriental moon soon ! Hehehehehe

I have had to remove the auction for the Blue Ice Hatching Emperor. This morning, I noticed green stains and streaks coming through his paint. The colored water that he was dipped in prior to painting has begun to bleed through his paint and turn green. His sister, the Hatching Empress, has also been badly effected. πŸ™

Now that’s a shame. Most of the blue ice pieces haven’t done it for me, but he looked gorgeous. Would have loved to see his sister.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Man, you guys are crazy… that oriental is awful x.x LOL!

LOL!! You and I seem to have OPPOSITE taste sometimes!! <3

That fur needs something, I dunno… it’s too boring for me ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pam

Other previous blue ice pieces shouldnt be affected by something like this ,should they ? I own one.

It should be fine (yours was probably painted before we started staining the plaster). The hatchers here are showing very obvious green stains, 3 days after the first coat of paint was put on them. So in theory, if another piece was going to have the same problem, it should have become very noticeable before they even left the factory.

Our two ivory orientals are fine.

Puffpastryofdoom
          Participant

Our two ivory orientals are fine.

Whoa whoa whoa… TWO? That makes me happy! πŸ™‚

I like this color because to me, it really makes me focus on the sculpture alone and appreciate every single detail that makes the Sun Dragon as beautiful as it truly is. Even if there was a small batch of limited production Ivory dragons, it sure would make a whole bunch of us ecstatic!

Joy

Darn it, and I was high bidder so far. :(. Sigh…hope y’all can fix him!

Pam

He can’t be fixed.
                However, PS will be painted replacements.

dragonshoard
                Participant

I was just waiting for Bullsquid to jump all over it.

dragonshoard
                  Participant

This won’t affect any of the other colors dipped prior to painting?. Is it because he was painted in such light colors?

wow! i wish i could afford an ebay piece because i would to have the black sunset griffin! i think he looks so cool!

Pam

This won’t affect any of the other colors dipped prior to painting?. Is it because he was painted in such light colors?

Yes.

Dark colors aren’t effected.

Sirithiliel
                      Participant

wow! i wish i could afford an ebay piece because i would to have the black sunset griffin! i think he looks so cool!

I’m with you there, though I’d go for one of the dragons if I could afford the steep ebay price war =P

Tyrrlin
                        Participant

I’m confused. Why is the eBay Griffin up right now called “Black Sunset” when you guys have an entire production line of Griffins called “Black Sunset”? Do you repeat names like that? I think it would cause problems later on.

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Adaneth
                          Participant

The answer is in the auction description:

This color scheme was not inspired by our regular production Black Sunset griffins, and they look almost nothing alike. However, we decided to call him a Black Sunset griffin anyway because he matches the Black Sunset Ki-Rins .

I have to say, I LOVE those wings! :love:

Bullsquid
                            Participant

I was just waiting for Bullsquid to jump all over it.

I just saw that the auction was pulled this morning was like, “What?! NOOOO!”

He was such a beauty. I ‘d probably love him even with green stains. *makes puppy-dog eyes* Please don’t send him and his sister to camp! I’m sure someone *coughmecough* could give them a good home.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 320 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.