fbpx

2012 Windstone Ebay Auctions Thread 2

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2012 Windstone Ebay Auctions Thread 2

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

That ivory griffin! Swoon!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

dragonmedley
      Participant

That ivory griffin! Swoon!

On the oriental, yes, but not on the griffin, at least for me.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Erika
        Participant

I really like the ivories, I just wish they had a little more ‘age’ to them, like they’d been around the world a time or two and not fresh off the carver’s block.

That baroque gold grand though, I like it more and more every time I look at it.

siberakh1
          Participant

I really like the ivories, I just wish they had a little more ‘age’ to them, like they’d been around the world a time or two and not fresh off the carver’s block.

That baroque gold grand though, I like it more and more every time I look at it.

I think that is the thing that makes me hesitate on the ivory pieces. They look almost too new from the ‘carver’s block’ (to use your phrase). It is a lovely color.

Then again, I also have the white griffins that were in the store a number of years ago, so justifying a griffin similar in color on limited space is hard for me. πŸ˜› Wouldn’t mind seeing some tiny gold accents, but the ivory color is beautiful. πŸ™‚

Bullsquid
            Participant

That mahogany empress is beautiful! But I have to wonder, is there going to be a hatching emperor too?

I’ve way overblown my Windstone budget for the year (already!), so I shouldn’t even think about it, but I would have to get a mahogany hatching emp if one was made, since I own the big guy.

Now I don’t know whether to bid or wait. :S

Pam

There is a mahogany hatching emperor.

etruscan
                Participant

That mahogany empress is beautiful! But I have to wonder, is there going to be a hatching emperor too?

I’ve way overblown my Windstone budget for the year (already!), so I shouldn’t even think about it, but I would have to get a mahogany hatching emp if one was made, since I own the big guy.

Hmmm … budgets are important (or so they say), but do you really want to explain to your Mahogany Emperor why you let his daughter go and live someplace else? πŸ˜‰

Bullsquid
                  Participant

Hmmm … budgets are important (or so they say), but do you really want to explain to your Mahogany Emperor why you let his daughter go and live someplace else? πŸ˜‰

Of course I’d love to get both. But but… Oh, my poor wallet. LOL

etruscan
                    Participant

Of course I’d love to get both. But but… Oh, my poor wallet. LOL

Now that you know there will be both, I suppose it depends which sculpt you like best.

Bullsquid
                      Participant

Aha! Now that I’ve seen both mahogany hatchers, I definitely have a preference for one over the other. At least now my wallet won’t get mauled too badly. πŸ˜‰

Wampus Dragon
                        Participant
                          Wampus Dragon
                          Participant
                            etruscan
                            Participant

Aha! Now that I’ve seen both mahogany hatchers, I definitely have a preference for one over the other. At least now my wallet won’t get mauled too badly. πŸ˜‰

I hope you were able to get the one that you wanted. πŸ™‚

etruscan
                              Participant

I think that Mars Patina should have listened to his mother when she told him not to play in the green paint! πŸ˜‰

Bullsquid
                                Participant

I hope you were able to get the one that you wanted. πŸ™‚

Nope. πŸ™

I ended up being the second highest bidder on both of them. I prefered the empress (no grey on eyebrows, black horns), but I just couldn’t stomach paying more than $300 for a hatcher. But I’m not too bummed -I just picked up a peacock empress and lap dragon on Ebay for a steal!

Heheh. I’m hopelessly addicted. πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 320 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.