Windstone Tags do you leave them on or not?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Tags do you leave them on or not?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

I’m a tag yanker – when all yank fails, I cut. The fact that the tags are now history just makes me happy.

I do keep the tags of the smaller pieces in the boxes, though. I haven’t decided if I’ll get rid of those quite yet.

Same here, I don’t like the tags, especially on the smaller pieces, but I keep them and can put them back if I needed to I suppose, but I am glad they’re gone!

Leigha
    Participant

I’ve always preferred my Windstones not to have tags, just because they display/sit nicer without them. I usually take the tag off right away and throw it in the box and into storage.

Danzig Moon (Karen)
      Participant

:bigsmile: Going Tag Free here!!! I have started with my uni’s, for they are seldom sold or traded, and next will be the Curl’s and Fledgling’s and Version 1 Hatcher’s, Young, the Lap’s, Sitting Spectral’s and OW’s.

I am keeping the tag’s unless they are just worn out and I really don’t see the need to keep those. They have been very easy to pull out so far.

The only exception’s are the Ebay piece’s or Special Item’s one’s. Basically, if it has a COA it will have a tag. The only other piece’s I do plan on leaving the tag’s on are the one’s I’ll be selling or trading, they will not have their tag’s removed. I will leave that up to their new owner’s. 😉

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Falcolf
        Participant

I was a beanie baby collector too (though I’d never sell any of those) so I keep the tags on my Windstones too. They’re less annoying than the ones on my beanie babies – at least with my Windstones I can tuck their tag nicely out of sight! So I don’t really care either way. Indifferent I guess.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Lokie
          Participant

For my smaller Windstones that the tags can’t be completely hidden underneath, I yanked the tags off. The tag string makes them tippy and the tags are only constant reminders of them being “statues,” instead of letting me imagine they are creatures that could move at any time and roam my room.

However, I only do this for pieces I have no intention of selling. As another member mentioned, I’ll let a potential sales piece’s new owner make the tag or no tag decision. I don’t rely on the idea of my Windstones being investments and only keep the pieces I love, so whatever state they are in that makes me enjoy them more, the better. And that is tag less :). I don’t care if I buy a piece with or without a tag, it doesn’t devalue it for me, as long as the tag was removed properly if it once had one.

Hannah
            Participant

I am probably one of the only people who feel this way, but I am sad that the tags are going to be discontinued.

When a Windstone doesn’t have a tag, it feels more “used” to me, than if it has a tag. When they have a tag, they appear more “mint” and new, and that’s why anything that has a tag is keeping one.

I like the tags, and I’m sticking to that! I think it sucks that the tags are going away ><

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

etruscan
              Participant

I am probably one of the only people who feel this way, but I am sad that the tags are going to be discontinued.

When a Windstone doesn’t have a tag, it feels more “used” to me, than if it has a tag. When they have a tag, they appear more “mint” and new, and that’s why anything that has a tag is keeping one.

I like the tags, and I’m sticking to that! I think it sucks that the tags are going away ><

I understand why Windstone decided to discontinue the tags … but I still agree with you. 🙂

Pam

When I started collecting, there were no hangtags yet (most of the pieces in my collection are from before hangtags). Tag-less windstones have a very “nostalgic” feel for me.

phantomess
                  Participant

I seem to differ from most people in that I’ve actually always rather liked the tags! I think they’re quite cool. I’ve never taken one off on purpose- only a few of my dragons have them, as a couple were from before the tag era I think, and a couple others were bought used. I don’t plan to ever be selling my dragons but I enjoy having the tags.

I don’t think I’d ever pay more money because of a piece having a tag, but it’s a plus in my book. It does seem not many people care for them, but I’ll bet there will be some- especially as more time goes by- who will value them and be willing to actually pay more.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                    Participant

Just an update: I just received my Special Item’s Blue Male and Female Kirin and they DO NOT have tag’s on them. :~

Will ALL piece’s not have tag’s? Including Ebay piece’s?

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Pam

We are discontinuing hang tags on everything that is not stone-finish.

Lesley
                        Participant

I personally would leave them on if they have them… just because they are from Windstone too 😉 It’s just part of the whole package. If it comes with it, it stays 🙂

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                          Participant

We are discontinuing hang tags on everything that is not stone-finish.

Ok,
                            Thanks for clearing that up Pam. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.