Windstone Raffles

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Raffles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

There have been some questions about raffles, so let me try and help by putting all of the info here for you!

What is a Windstone Raffle?

Melody has been generous enough to offer raffles for special, unique, or quirky Windstones! Generally she has done these about once per month, but since they are essentially free give-a-ways, they can happen on her whim… they may stop at any time.
        Windstone raffles are completely free, and the only requirement to enter is that you are a registered Windstone forum member.

What is the current prize?

This sometimes requires some hunting! Check the Windstone Blog (the link is at the very top of this page!), or check Windstone Editions’ Facebook page. You can look around here on the forum to see what the current item is. Hint hint, this is a great time to introduce yourself and get to know our other forum members too! 🙂

How do I enter?
      To enter, please sent an email with the Subject matter of “((MONTH))” Raffle” (with the current month in place of the word month of course) to Melody.
      Include (this is important!!) your Real Name, your forum user name, and your real mailing address. She will need all this information if you win!
      REMEMBER: You need to enter EACH raffle that you want to participate in. That means every time a new piece is going up for raffle, you must again email Melody with your information. You must enter each raffle individually!
      Do not “PM” Melody, but email her directly with your entry information.
      Melody’s email is reptangle @ gmail.com — remove the spaces and the ™

Can I enter the raffle again if I win?

No. If you win you get to sit and watch the rest of the raffles with your prize sitting next to you. But If you give it away to someone else who wants it more than you, or sell it and donate the proceeds to charity (such as a needy forum member or charity group, e.g. an animal rescue, etc) you can re-enter future raffles.

Can I sell my raffle piece if I win?
      Yes, as long as you sell it under no false pretenses (by this we mean that you sell it correctly as a Windstone for what it is, is all!) But if you sell for profit it you cannot enter any more raffles.
      Charity begets charity, but profit begets sitting on the sidelines for other raffles!

Can I enter again if I don’t win?
      Yes! You can enter for as long as raffles are being held as long as you have not won a prior raffle.

Other stuff:
      It is encouraged that you only enter raffles where you really like the prize. This makes things a bit more fair to those that really want to win the current prize. This also is to your benefit- if you win a prize that you don’t really like– that way you’re not stuck on the sidelines if something that really tickles your fancy comes along! This is just a suggestion though and not a ‘rule’.
      The rules are Melody’s and she can come here and change them whenever she needs to add or remove things.

The raffles are 100% a product of Melody’s great personal generosity to Windstone collectors. Keep it fun and enjoyable for us all and please don’t abuse the raffles so that they are around for a long time yet to come! 🙂

[/]

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Anonymous

😀 Great information Jennifer, Thank you 😀

darjeb
          Participant

Thank you Jennifer for taking the time to write this for everybody

Bodine
            Participant

😀 Good stuff…Thank you :bye:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

WONDERFUL AND INFORMATIVE! Thank you both for the information…and as always, THANK YOU TO MELODY! 8)

Where can I see the pictures of the raffle pieces? I have looked in the forum, the blog, and the gallery! Maybe I need to ask HOW do I get to see them as well as where! Thank you!

Lokie
              Participant

drgnlvr wrote:

Where can I see the pictures of the raffle pieces? I have looked in the forum, the blog, and the gallery! Maybe I need to ask HOW do I get to see them as well as where! Thank you!

When you are at the blog page:

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/drupal/

click on the words: “Raffle prize for March 2010”. That will direct you to a new page, which has the image of the prize:

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/drupal/node/102

Hopefully that was what was causing you trouble. Any of the titles on the /drupal page can be clicked on for expanded text and images. Good luck =)

WOW this is a surprise.When I was told about this place they did not say a thing about this just that this is a collector’s buy and re-sell market.This forum seems very interesting.Thank you to the artist.

Tara
                Participant

You can also see some user posted pics of past prizes in this thread:
                  http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/raffle-prize-pics?

Melody
                  Keymaster

Hey! We should have a special gallery for all the raffle prizes! I never thought of that… unfortunately Pam is on vacation, and I don’t know how to make new galleries. When she comes back I’ll see if we can put one up.
                    We need a grab bag unicorn gallery too!

Hannah
                    Participant

Hey! We should have a special gallery for all the raffle prizes! I never thought of that… unfortunately Pam is on vacation, and I don’t know how to make new galleries. When she comes back I’ll see if we can put one up.
                      We need a grab bag unicorn gallery too!

Oh my gosh, YES!! That would be so awesome 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Carolyn
                      Participant

I’m curious about who still owns the ones they won .
                        Well I know of one . He’s had 2 owners before me . Sylvan is mine now .
                        Traded to me .

Kelly
                        Participant

Yeah, I agree it would be very cool to see all the winning pieces.

Azurielle
                          Participant

Sylvan was mine, once, but I had to sell him during some financial troubles. The girl who originally had pink champagne lap dragon (I think she was gthe new year’s raffle once) decided she was going to re-raffle her off for charity, and I have her now. And the girl who originally won Augustus traded him to me for a bunch of my other windstones, so there’s 3 accounted for, although none of them are with their original winners anymore. And Wampus still has the one she won, I think. I remeber that buckskin the unicorn ended up being re-raffled as well, but cannot remember who won him the 2nd time. And somewhere on here there’s a list of the raffles and who won what initially.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.