Who followed you home?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Who followed you home?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I just want to see how often people buy Windstone. Just yesterday, I added four new “followers” to my home. A ruby scratcher, old green young, old green hatcher, and an old green male. (Their mommy has been waiting for them) πŸ˜€ And in a few days, (thanks to travistie πŸ˜‰ ) I will have a new handsome young “man”, a silver male join the club.

So, what about you? What new “followers” do you have? Can’t wait to hear from everyone! πŸ˜€

Nightcrow
    Participant

Well, I really only have one “follower” that I didn’t intend to buy, and that’s my Peacock Oriental. I went into the shop to see if they had a White piece I was wanting, saw him on the shelf, and fell in love instantly — despite never having really been interested in the Orientals, and never having any prior fondness for Peacock! πŸ™‚ They didn’t have the White I came for, so I put in an order and then bought the Peacock Oriental to tide me over. πŸ™‚

…And then I waited too long to get the rest, and had to pay inflated post-retirement prices to complete the family. ::smacks forehead::

But that’s it as far as unexpected followers. I’m a poor broke student, so my Windstone purchases have to be planned — much as I’d like to just stroll into the shop every week or so and walk out with whatever I like, it’s not possible (not even if I *had* a shop around that carried them).

My Silver Lap is kind of a follower, though! I saw the announcement for them about a week late, and dashed off to the Store terrified there would be none left, but there were 24 remaining. I wibbled for a week, then decided I could pay it off in a couple months if I paid with my credit card, so I snatched one. πŸ™‚

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Mmloda
      Participant

πŸ˜€ Congrats….I have two one the way…A RAINBOW EMPEROR and a COPPER GOLD EMPEROR…there are also a few more waiting to be on their way to their now home…. πŸ˜€

Marzena

Megan
        Participant

I too have to plan every Windstone pretty carefully. But the one time I went out of my way to go to a “brick and mortar” store with the intent of buying a Windstone, any Windstone, Vulcan my BG emp followed me home. He just sort of sat there under the lights in the display in all his glory and said “Ignore my price tag, and pick ME!” πŸ˜† How much he cost is, to this day, known only by me, him, and the friend who was shopping with me that day…

Woohoo! I just got my rainbow fledgie! I am so excited! Welcome to the family little one! (thanks BT)

purpledragonclaw
          Participant

I don’t buy Windstone that often, actually, which is why my collection remains small. The newest piece to follow me home was a griffin. And a great griffin he was! πŸ˜€

Elena
            Participant

I’ve had a few follow mw home. The last time I went to the store for a Black Gold Flege and a White young unicorn wanted to come too! πŸ˜€ I’m saving for next Sat cause I want to go to one of the dealers. They are having a Renovation sale and everything on one side of the store is 50% off, and that where the Windstones are!!! 😈

Starbreeze
              Participant

I haven’t had one follow me home in a couple of years. All the stores around here quit carrying them. The mailman, UPS or FedEx has to bring them here!!! πŸ˜†

Jodi
                Participant

Yeah, mine get delivered too.

Stephanie
                  Participant

Out of all my pieces, only one is one that I actually bought in a store. My red eyed red fire hatchling, and I just had to buy him. πŸ˜€

Jodi
                    Participant

Come to think of it, my friend Jerry used to sell Windstones and has a few pieces left. He now buys them from me, btw. πŸ˜€ He had an Emerald Oriental Dragon that I bought from him and sold to a forum member so I could use that money for a Jade Oriental Dragon. So I guess that one followed me home even though I no longer have it. I also bought a Winged Cat Gargoyle from him for my hubby, but my hubby didn’t like it, so it ended up on Ebay. I guess the ones that follow me home don’t stay here.

darjeb
                      Participant

Lately all the Windstones I have have come from the Store, the rainbow and silver royals are the latest, and a few from ebay nothing from a retail store

Laurie
                        Participant

The only ones that followed me home were my first 2. My male and female Kirins

Nightcrow
                          Participant

Megani-chan wrote:

How much he cost is, to this day, known only by me, him, and the friend who was shopping with me that day…

Surely the clerk working the register knows, too? πŸ™‚ (Though s/he’s probably forgotten by now, it still counts!)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.