Who all is doing Inktober?

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Who all is doing Inktober?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

So I missed it last year but decided I am doing Inktober this year. I know our forum is full of lovely artist and art lovers alike and was wondering who else was doing Inktober and wanted to know if you would share your lovely work with us!

I decided I would do mine themed this year and all my pieces will be turtles. Have you any experience with Inktober your selves?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Oh, ya, my first inktober peice:

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kim
    Blocked

What is Inktober? I’ve never heard of it.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

JynXx
      Participant

I would like to know what this Inktober is too.

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
        ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
        ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
        ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
        ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
        ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
        ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

http://mrjakeparker.com/inktober

“Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month. I created InkTober in 2009 as a challenge to improve my inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year.

Anyone can do InkTober, just pick up a pen and start drawing.

InkTober rules:

1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).

2) Post it on your blog (or tumblr, instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)

3) Hashtag it with #inktober

4) Repeat

Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.”

I first heard about it two years ago.

Stormbreeze
        Participant

I’m doing Inktober, but I’m not as good as some people here… It’s really fun, though. 🙂

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Falcolf
          Participant

Because I already draw everyday (and frequently ink everyday) with my daily tradition Sketch of the Day, Inktober isn’t part of my schedule, however I like watching how it makes other artists draw more! 😀 Practice makes perfect!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Prezaurian
            Participant

I’d like to, but I’d burn out. I have trouble just getting a sketch a day. ^_^; I HAD started a one sketch per day for a year and then I fell hopelessly behind. Now I’m just trying to finish the 365 day sketch book. And I have posted none of these sketches anywhere. -laughs-

Aggie83
              Participant

I had never heard of this, but what a wonderful goal for those of you who, unlike me, have artistic talent.

And on the subject of creative talent, does anyone on here take part in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) – the premise is the same as Inktober – commit to writing 50,000 words (the minimum length for a novel) during the month of November. My girls try to take part each year – but it is rather difficult while they are still in college/grad school. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out in case there are any aspiring writers on here who haven’t heard of it and might want to consider taking part next month.

Melody
                Keymaster

wish I had time! I love inking. I used to do it a lot.

Well…another inktober post, anybody else got stuff to share?

Day # 2 – The Berry Truth About Tortoises

Day # 3 – Shimmering Seas

Kim
                  Blocked

That is cool. I had never heard of it before. I started drawing with pen and ink in Junior High and my art teacher actually told me I should do it professionally and I was very surprised but since high school I haven’t really done any other ink drawings. I know one a day would definitely not work as I am very detailed and can take several days to complete one drawing but if I could challenge myself to do a couple in the month that might be a good way to start again. I just need to buy a pen and ink and paper.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.