fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

Hugs

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

VS
      Participant

Sounds like much sadness this month. Im sorry to hear about lost family be it furry or human. Sending mental hugs and good vibes!

A former colleague and friend (let’s call her S) just got the diagnosis of the big C. She’s a phenomenal person and advocate for pet rescues (and people, she’s an outstandong OT), and just starting her fight so I ask please add her to your prayers.

Bodine
        Participant

My daughter almost lost Athena last night due to a blood clot.Thankfully her vet was still open and knew what it was.She is home but not doing great.Possibly have to take her back for drip and sedation.Lets hope not.
          I did not know clots are breaking loose and moving around in them.I also did not know female HW can get up to 18″long and they have to move through their system heading out.Liberty is doing well so far,better than Athena.Athena is hyper,like Amber,Liberty has always been more laid back like me.Crossing all our fingers for our girls.This is really rough on us all😣

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Setsunawolf
          Participant

Athena needs to be crated 24/7. When she goes out to go potty she must be on a leash. She should not be allowed to run, play or do anything that will get her heart rate up. As the heart worms die they will break up in the blood stream. If her heart rate gets excited she could actually have a piece of dead worm puncture the wall in her heart. The result is usually death which is why it’s so important that her heart rate stay low.
            I’m surprised the vet didn’t give you this information when you started treatment. I’ve successfully gotten 2 dogs through treatment. My Kanika and a foster several years before her. Or sucks about the crating but a few months is worth the trade for the rest of her life.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

pipsxlch
            Participant

Hugs and prayers for your girls, Athena especially!

Ela_Hara
              Participant

So Sorry that Athena is having problems – I hope Amber heeds Setsunawolf’s advise and keeps Athena crated through this last rough patch! Good Luck to her and you with Liberty!

Thoughts and prayers!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Natasha
                Participant

So sorry to hear about Athena, Bodine. Shame on your vet! They absolutely should have let you know what a rough process recovering from heartworm is! I’d definitely ask around and find a vet that takes your pet’s health more seriously. Crating is a complete PITA but it will help her get through it easier. If you can use sedation on her, that will help too, but I’d consult another vet before doing that. I use ThunderWunders treats on my boy that’s got crazy anxiety issues. It makes him more mellow. As long as it’s safe for your doggy I’d recommend that.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                  Mother: Okapi
                  Gothic - Mahogany
                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Bodine
                  Participant

I thank y’all for the info and friendship.I guess you can see I love my Liberty to the core.I took your advice and will be taking her to Amber’s vet from now on.I don’t care for a doc of any kind that only cares about the money.
                    Liberty is doing great actually. Trying to get me to play first thing in the morning.Eyes bright again with the “strained”look gone and her coat is back to soft and shiny.
                    Athena is better.Amber got her some calming treats and it seems to be helping,still an over enthusiastic for her own good but no stopping that one.
                    I guess this is more of a HECK YEAH!😁
                    Setsunawolf:a special thank you for all your advice and care.
                    Pip:THANK YOU😍 Pip painted me this cute little kitty in remembrance of dear Toki.

20210427_0639342

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

So glad that both Liberty and Athena are doing better. That little Toki is precious! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

mild USPS whine yet again, a package was sent out to me on Saturday from Michigan…..well for the whole week so far, it has done nothing but bounce around several hubs within Michigan still, just going from place to place but still stuck in the state….grrrr…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

sherry10151982
                        Participant

mild USPS whine yet again, a package was sent out to me on Saturday from Michigan…..well for the whole week so far, it has done nothing but bounce around several hubs within Michigan still, just going from place to place but still stuck in the state….grrrr…..

That is totally unnecessary and I would be livid! WTH are they doing?! Sometimes it just doesn’t make sense and you’re left scratching and yelling obscenities at the post office. Sorry about that and I hope your package gets to you soon safe and sound!

fatalbeauty
                          Participant

That is totally unnecessary and I would be livid! WTH are they doing?! Sometimes it just doesn’t make sense and you’re left scratching and yelling obscenities at the post office. Sorry about that and I hope your package gets to you soon safe and sound!

yep, already had to wait a week just for it to be shipped since she listed it right before she was about to move from Florida to Michigan so she had it all packed already which I was well okay, can’t help that…….but then USPS can’t get it’s act together! I have been yelling many a bad word at the screen when I wake up each morning to yet another scan in Michigan! also it never scans as leaving each point, just an arrival in the am each day……grrrrr!

1. Mother Meerkat
                            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

Bodine
                            Participant

I hear that.I had a single letter take 4days to get to me almost missing a deadline because of it and it was only 6.5miles from my home.😣
                              The girls are doing great.Liberty back to normal and gaining weight back up to 94lbs.Athena went back to vet yesterday and doing well but was told to crate her two more weeks at least and bring her back in for a visit.Athena is a hyper girl.
                              They can’t visit yet.They get play dates.We want them to remember they are sisters😀

sherry10151982
                              Participant

That’s good Mimi!! I’m so happy that they’re doing well; heart worms are terrible and you were one of the lucky ones that caught it early enough to help them.

fatalbeauty
                                Participant

the package finally got away from Michigan and is out for delivery!

Bodine: glad your furbabies are getting better!

1. Mother Meerkat

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.