WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 1,041 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

So this happened yesterday…both dogs got into it, but the puppy had to be sedated. We were able to take them out of our older dog’s face and paws because he sat relatively still, and none broke off. The vet gave us some antibiotics, but nothing for pain, and the poor pup was up all night, crying. I sat next to his crate and rubbed his toes till he fell asleep. I don’t know if it was worse for the dogs or worse for me.

IMG_0950

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Natasha
      Participant

Oh noooooooo!!!!! I’m so sorry! Poor pups and poor you!!! 💜💜💜

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

The quills in his lips went right through 🙁

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

sherry10151982
          Participant

OMG!!!!! Tara I’m so sorry!!! That is horrible and so sad! I used to work for a rural vet and saw A LOT of that; Hudson looks like one of the worst I’ve seen.

Setsunawolf
            Participant

Can you call the vet an ask for something? I’m surprised they didn’t give him rhymadill or something similar.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

If he hadn’t shown improvement during the day, I would have called the vet for sure. It broke my heart hearing him whimper like that through the night. He bounced right back though. The swelling in his face has gone down too. I took the dogs out this morning…the older hound wouldn’t leave my side, and the well, the puppy….running around like it didnt happen 😀 I kept him on a long lead – im still not over it, lol!!!

etruscan
                Participant

Maybe this belongs here … it’s a combination of “this is not good for my family” and information for everybody else. One of my grandsons is in the hospital. He woke up on pain on Thursday and an xray showed he had a partially collapsed lung. He was admitted to the hospital that evening and had minor surgery to insert a chest tube.

According to my daughter-in-law the doctors say tall, slender, teenage males are at risk for collapsed lungs (even if they don’t do anything to cause a lung to collapse). My grandson is 15, at least 6′ 3″ and still growing, and thin, so he meets the criteria.

Of course, this is not a good time to be in the hospital! On the bright side – he is recovering and expected to go home in a couple of days. Other people who have had this happen are posting encouraging messages on my daughter-in-law’s Facebook page. They say that he won’t be able to scuba dive, but otherwise life is normal.

Bodine
                  Participant

Oh gosh.
                    Babies and puppies went through a tough time.So glad it all worked out well.Hope the pups learned not to do that again.Good to know,I have growing teen grandsons.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Natasha
                    Participant

Hugs, Etruscan! Glad he’s stable and will be able to come home soon!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                      ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                      Mother: Okapi
                      Gothic - Mahogany
                      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

StormDancer
                      Participant

Ouch, porcupine quills are super painful even after they come out.Bad thing is the majority of dogs do not learn their lesson and I’d say 75% of them end up back in the vet over and over again. I truly hope your two are in the 25% that do learn to leave porcupines alone!

Looking for:
                        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

StormDancer
                        Participant

Etruscan I’m sorry this happened to your grandson but so glad he’s on the road to recovery.
                          Thanks for the info too, I’d not heard that before!

Looking for:
                          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Angelika_Zen
                          Participant

So sorry to hear that Etruscan!! I hope for a speedy recovery.

Hugs!!!

sherry10151982
                            Participant

Etruscan I’m truly sorry to hear about your grandson; I have never heard such a thing before and that is truly scary!! However, I’m so glad he’s doing better and will be able to go home soon; hugs and good thoughts going your way!!

merrillannwhite
                              Participant

Etruscan, I am sorry to hear about your grandson. I’m glad he is recovering well.

Angelika_zen.. Ouch! Poor puppies. I’m glad they are recovering well too. Makes me think of “The Incredible Journey”.

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

So Sorry!
                                  Etruscan – hope your grandson recovers quickly and feels much better soon!
                                  Poor Doggie! I hope they stay away from other spikey ‘dogs’ in the the future…

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                  Zeppard Adult Poads
                                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 1,041 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.