What's a box and tag worth?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What's a box and tag worth?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Katherine
    Participant

I agree with everyone that has posted so far. People can be so difficult sometimes, and I just hope she won’t give you negative feedback, but with her demeanor…she probably will. ๐Ÿ™

littleironhorse
      Participant

Ridiculous, she’s the one who bid that amount! No one forced her to bid!
        The more you write about this the more it’s obvious that it’s buyer’s remorse.

Just as a side note Phoenix, bad feedback can be contested, although I’m not sure of the conditions, and as someone else has said, you can also reply to it to give your side of the story.

Besides, when I see one bad feedback on a seller’s record, I usually look at the complainer to see if they are the “serial bad feedback” type of buyer. What about your buyer, have you looked if she often leaves bad feedback?

Andrea
        Participant

No, I haven’t looked to see. I know I’ve seen the buyer before. Looks familar anyway. Still no word and not sure where to go to see if they complained to Ebay about the auction. What’s it called when they lodge a complaint?
          I guess there’s not much they could do as I’ve already offered a refund.

Kathleen
          Participant

Oh no ๐Ÿ™ they are trying to rip you off dont let them. ๐Ÿ™

Andrea
            Participant

Shaking my head, but at least the issue is closed. She decided to keep the dragon.
              Lesson learned. All my auctions will be listed as used. I never really put much thought into it when selling the windstones as all of mine are displayed and therefore “used”.
              I’ll also do a better job of looking over my items as one curl got photgraphed and shipped with a large chip and I didn’t even notice.

I was in a frenzy to sell stuff to get my horse and tack.
              He’s here btw and just lovely! And giant! 16 hands!
              I’ll get him cleaned up this weekend and take some pictures. He lost some weight on the travel over to the west coast, but he’s gaining back quickly.
              He’s a real love and will stand and put his head in your arms while you stroke his face.

Thanks again for everyone who supported my endeavor to get the horse and tack!

Andrea

Hannah
              Participant

Hooray!! I’m glad that it got resolved, even if it was a pain for you ๐Ÿ™ I’m VERY happy that you got your horse!! I can’t wait to see pictures!! Congratulations!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Pam

Phoenix, when you listed the item as new, did you click the little checkmark that says “new” under “condition”, when making the listing? Sometimes when you do that it puts this right above your description:
                  “New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller’s listing for full details.”

Something like that could lead a buyer to believe that you had the box and everything, even though it was not pictured or mentioned.

I personally do not consider anything new if I remove it from the packaging and display it. If I were to resell such an item I would describe it as “mint” instead of “new”. In my mind something being new and something being mint are very different things. However, I never assume an item to be new if no box is shown in the picture, even if the item is listed as new. In most cases I will assume the seller meant just “mint”.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Buying and selling in a format like eBay, where you are buying and selling to individual people that do not run a business, requires discretion on both ends.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Andrea
                    Participant

I think you’re right Pam. Having the New box checked put that description there. That is why I offered $20 for the bent tag/box even though I didn’t say anything about the box.
                      They felt $40 was fair.
                      That’s why I asked here what it was worth. If everyone had said $60, I would have given $60 even though they wanted $40.

Everything I list will be listed as used from now on. I just never really paid attention to it if the piece had no flaws, I just figured new.

Pam

I think $20 is fair, maybe $30 if the tag was really mangled. $40 is overkill though for an item with no other flaws, especially if the item has only had a single owner.

Amy
                        Participant

I can see both sides of it.

I would be pretty disappointed if I was expecting a new in box item, but then again, you never mentioned that it had the box or anything. You were probably just saying that the dragon itself was mint condition/new. :/

I think your $20 is fair.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.