What did Monkey look like?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What did Monkey look like?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

I was looking at the old animals gallery when I stumbled upon monkey:

107 – Monkey

I know you probably don’t have a picture of it but what did it look like? and maybe if you could offer a picture of a monkey online it kinda looked like please?

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
      Participant

Melody actually posted a photo on Facebook!  The post is dated January 1, 2009:

This is the rarest Windstone.
        Really!
        We sold One of these in a store, then we decided that this netsuke style of sculpting was not the direction we would go in .
        This monkey is painted in brown, but the three other ones in existence are painted with silver fur and pink faces and paws.

etruscan
        Participant

Melody added in the Comments: Yes, he is a bit creepy looking. That’s why we decided not to do more of these at the time. This monkey is only about 3 inches tall. … I am not even sure that we have a master for it, but I would like to re-issue this one. I kinda like it. It really isn’t quite as spooky looking as this photo makes it seem. We could make a mold on one of the two monkeys I have and start over. … He’s sort of a generic baboon type monkey

fatalbeauty
          Participant

hmm, interesting, well now I know!

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kujacker
            Participant

I like creepy. I know it’s just the shadow making his face look so spooky, but I’m a fan.

merrillannwhite
              Participant

Silver and pink would make him look like one of those mountain baboons that hangs out in Japanese hot springs.

GardenNinja
                Participant

[pedant]The Japanese snow monkeys are a species of macaque. Macaques fill the same ground-dwelling niche in Asia and north Africa that baboons fill in sub-Saharan Africa.[/pedant]
                  And some trivia – Japanese macaques are the northern-most species of monkey in the world. Most species wouldn’t survive freezing temperatures.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Melody
                  Keymaster

One of the silver and pink monkeys has returned home to us recently, so I can get a good pic of it sometime.

I have seen photos of those Japanese monkeys sitting around in hot springs, really cute! But I wonder, what do they do when they get out? They’d be all wet AND freezing!!

a3211
                    Participant

We were stationed in Japan a few years ago and were able to go to see them and the getting out did not seem to affect them.  They just shook off the water and would go running around in the snow.  

merrillannwhite
                      Participant

My bad.  Faulty memory.  I had the silver and pink right, but the wrong type of monkey.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.