Upcoming change to quests

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Upcoming change to quests

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

This does NOT impact quest 14, we have already dealt with any concerns from the entries in that quest and prior quests. This is just to make our work easier in upcoming quests.

However, due to the sheer volume of issues we have had, from quest 15 forward we will only be allowing a single entry per household per quest. This will be validated through shipping addresses, names, email addresses, and IP addresses. This is a LOT of extra work and we are not undertaking it lightly.

The majority of you are wonderful and never break the rules, but we continue to have a few repeat offenders who have compelled us to change this rule. For those of you who are legitimately in multi-collector households, we apologize that we have to limit your participation as well. Unfortunately, enforcing rules to make sure no one is cheating sometimes penalizes the honest entrants as well as the dishonest ones.

In cases where you have multiple entry opportunities during the quest (such as answering a daily trivia question), you can take turns entering, but we will only allow one entry per household/per question in that case. Basically, no overlapping. 🙂

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. And, again, I assure you that no issues occurred in quest 14 that will have any impact on the outcome. 🙂 This has been in the works for awhile and we just wanted to wait to announce it until after the current quest was mostly wrapped up!

phantomess
      Participant

Seems reasonable.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

The majority of you are wonderful and never break the rules, but we continue to have a few repeat offenders who have compelled us to change this rule. For those of you who are legitimately in multi-collector households, we apologize that we have to limit your participation as well. Unfortunately, enforcing rules to make sure no one is cheating sometimes penalizes the honest entrants as well as the dishonest ones.

What a shame.

Kiya, it is ALWAYS the dishonest, unscrupulous people who have no qualms about cheating the (any) system that limit those of us that would never do that, not sometimes, since honest people don’t try to cheat the system, period.

Honest people ALWAYS pay for the mistakes of the dishonest people, because unlike honest people, where we live by the rules, the dishonest people face the ‘new’ rules by trying to figure out another way to cheat the ‘new’ system. FACT

To be deliberately vague, can we say Windstone box disaster? I just found out about that and had that not happened ….

You all were so generous prior to that occurring that you would have had no problem with my request. But because of one unscrupulous person trying to cheat others ….

I won (I think) the second raffle ever held. That item was the first thing EVER that I randomly won like that. And it came to me at a time when I really, truly needed a pick me up. My Pop passed in December, his Birthday was in the early part of July, his death finally hit me like a ton of rocks six months afterwards, which happened to be the end of June.

That raffle was drawn for June at the end of June, but I was afk for a few weeks dealing with his death and everything negative going on in my life. So I did not find out about my win until about a week after my name was drawn, which happened to be right before his birthday. It was not long after finding out I won that I realized these coincidental sequence of events. That win means so much to me.

There are things that occurred during that two week period that I’m not really writing about here that have me considering that it could have possibly been a way for Pop to cheer me up. Because it truly, truly did. Acknowledging his death, winning that raffle when I did (near his Birthday, coincidence?), evaluating where I was and where I wanted to be. That win, at a such a low point in my life, was my stepping stone to getting the heck finally out of FL and back up here, where I never really wanted to leave. :->

Aaaaand back to my point.

And as much as I could have cheated the system, new forum name (I had trouble logging in with my old name since you all updated your system while I had my PC shut down, but good old Jennifer helped me with that.) But I also had a completely different IP (since I moved from FL to MD) and yes, like everyone else on the Web, I have different e-mail addresses for different things, I sooooo could have cheated and entered the newer ones.

When I realized that I could actually do that, and possibly get away with it, oh yeah, I thought about it, for about .00000001 of a split second.

However, I would have felt horrible had I won something under those pretenses. I’d have to basically hide/lie about it the entire time I owned it and posted here on the forums. Let alone how bad I might have felt every time I looked at it, knowing that I cheated to obtain it.

Here’s the thing, I have learned that those who cheat, actually ENJOY the rush of winning/cheating the situation and opposite of how I would have felt, they actually can get a rush each time they would look at it. Wild isn’t it? People really can be geared differently.

To bad though, what they aren’t doing as they get their rush is they aren’t considering the repercussion of their actions on the REST of the people involved and how it might affect things for everyone else later on down the road.

It’s a shame you have to go to the extent that you are, but yup, some people are just, well ….. The best way I can put it here on these forums, they’re apparently out for a different thrill ride in life.

As a side note, and I know you all won’t acknowledge either way, which is very understandable, but I’m going to weigh in here, this is an open forum, :->, I hope you all at Windstone have banned the offenders from any future raffles or quests.

The offenders might be on a ‘different thrill ride in life’, but everyone should be appropriately punished for their actions.

Trying to cheat someone who’s going above, beyond and completely out of their way, for the sake of bringing us some joy, shame on you all that did that.

~Hoofer

Kiya
        Participant

To the best of my knowledge and ability, no one who has cheated (i.e. violated an actual contest rule) has ever won a quest. I can’t speak to raffles or the like as I don’t administer those, but for the quests we are fairly strict and try to make sure that all entries are honest and valid. People work far too hard on many of these for me to take it lightly if someone disregards the rules in order to win!

Hello Kiya,

Since my assumption was way off base, I really wanted to go back and edit my post, but these forums will not allow it.

To reiterate, you all do so much for us addicts (collectors of Windstone and members of these boards.) Since I first found these boards, some interesting occurrences have cropped up. Unfortunately, the results were that it has either stopped a generous gesture or caused more work for those that truly don’t need it, you all behind the scenes.

It is good to know that I was mistaken and it was a matter of rule bending, but not outright cheating.

I would hate to see either quests or raffles stopped because of the unscrupulous actions of rare individuals.

~Hoofer

I do have one question then. Laundry and I do not share a household, but we do share a computer. She does not usually enter them unless it is an easier one though. Does this affect us if you are using an IP confirmation? If it does than I am fine taking turns with her, I just wanted to clarify.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
          www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
          Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kim
          Blocked

My mom and I also share an address and computer so can we both enter quests or just one of us? We also share the Windstone collection for the most part and one of her pictures got picked for the last quest but not mine so I wasn’t sure if it was supposed to be one per household or if maybe her picture was just better than mine. I would hope I wasn’t disqualified since I didn’t know if we could both enter or not. With that said in the times we have entered, neither of us has gotten close to winning anything anyway.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

We don’t share an address, she lives across town from me. We just share a laptop.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Lauren
            Participant

This seems pretty reasonable to me.

I just want to make sure that you all are aware that I have two addresses, one that’s my permanent address in America (that I would typically want anything sent to, as it is cheaper and I don’t have to worry about some horrible international tragedy) and one in Japan where I currently work. I also have two different paypal accounts, one in Japan and one in America, linked to different emails. This is not an attempt on my part to trick anyone; unfortunately because my US credit and debit cards were already tied to my American paypal account, I could not use those cards for a Japanese paypal account, and I get paid to a Japanese bank and it is a million times easier to move my Japanese money onto my Japanese debit card than to have to go to the post office and send a money order home. (I spent over an hour doing it today to renew my passport; so miserable.)

Obviously, I do not want to be able to enter twice: I only have one account here on the boards, and all of my various accounts should have my actual name attached to them. However, if you need any extra information just to be certain everything is tied to me for safety’s sake, please don’t hesitate to ask. I just want to make sure that in case any of this might seem suspicious that you guys know up-front and not potentially after I’ve entered any contests.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

copied from kiya’s post above

“from quest 15 forward we will only be allowing a single entry per household per quest. This will be validated through shipping addresses, names, email addresses, and IP addresses.”

“For those of you who are legitimately in multi-collector households, we apologize that we have to limit your participation as well. Unfortunately, enforcing rules to make sure no one is cheating sometimes penalizes the honest entrants as well as the dishonest ones.”

“In cases where you have multiple entry opportunities during the quest (such as answering a daily trivia question), you can take turns entering, but we will only allow one entry per household/per question in that case. Basically, no overlapping.”

That should clarify some of the questions above. In plain English, it is one entry per household peroid. Once exceptions are made for certain people(even the ones who Windstone knows for a fact are honest) then exceptions are going to have to be made for everyone and the rule will just collapse on itself. It’s too bad that certain individuals have to ruin it for others, but this is the only way to truly keep the quests fair for everyone.

Before people start to complain about it, I’d suggest being thankful Windstone continues to go through all the extra work to keep doing this in the first place. Remember that they don’t have to and the same goes for the monthly raffles.

Not trying to be rude here, just sort of cut and dry telling it how it is really.

lasohaney, as long as you enter each quest only once and don’t use multiple accounts to enter multiple times you’ll be just fine ^_^

96037 and Kim, I am assuming you guys will need to take turns now since you share an IP address. It’s unfortunate, but that would be how I would understand kiya’s statement in the first post.

I’m sure kiya will clarify of course if I am incorrect.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lauren
                Participant

My IP address should be pretty unique at least. I’d eat my own shoe if there was someone else accessing Windstone’s forums from my corner of Japan. xD

But I’m glad that Windstone is choosing to continue to host these events despite a few bad apples’ attempts to cheat the system. Losing is disappointing, yes, but it’s a surviveable kind of disappointment, and it’s only because of Windstone’s generosity that we get to have a chance in the first place, so it’s better to be grateful and take losing with grace than to cheapen everyone else’s chances of winning too. (imho)

Kiya
                  Participant

I was at the factory today so I haven’t been online – but drag0n did a great job of clarifying so I don’t really have anything to add. 🙂

I wasn’t complaining. I just was trying to clarify being that we share a computer. Thanks for the info.

Kim
                    Blocked

Oh thanks, I should have re-read what Kiya had posted before as I forgot. It’s all clear now. I see how if there could be multiple collectors in a household entering these how that could get confusing and maybe not fair to others. I will probably just enter the swaps myself unless my mom would be good at one and want to take a turn trying.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Oh! I wasn’t saying anyone was complaining, but I was basically trying to cut it off at the head before it started! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.