fbpx

TRUE COLLECTOR????

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone TRUE COLLECTOR????

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fritochick (Mary)
    Participant

I was wondering—what makes a TRUE COLLECTOR???? Recently a brown emperor came up on e-bay, I just couldn’t spend that kind of money on it. Don’t get me wrong, I could have, but the brown has just never done it for me. Soooooo is a true collector someone who will buy it just to have a finished collection, or someone who collects what they like???? THOUGHTS????

I was wondering—what makes a TRUE COLLECTOR???? Recently a brown emperor came up on e-bay, I just couldn’t spend that kind of money on it. Don’t get me wrong, I could have, but the brown has just never done it for me. Soooooo is a true collector someone who will buy it just to have a finished collection, or someone who collects what they like???? THOUGHTS????

The answer is…….there is no answer. A true collector can be someone who just collects dragons…any brand. Or someone who collects horses, but only spotted ones. Or someone who has to have one of everything. Or someone who has to have one of everything in every variation. Or someone who has minimum space, so trades out their pretties to get something they want more.

I used to be a major collector of breyer horses. Variations were my favorite! I could have ten bay horses, same pose, different shades of brown or sock variations or one had a blaze and another a star and…the possibilities were endless! Did that make me a TRUE COLLECTOR? Nah! I’m just a collector of pretties! I still have some Breyers, and Peter stones and hagen Renakers and tons of different pretties just about a year ago discovered windstones!

Anyway….I babble! But…there really is no definition of what a TRUE COLLECTOR is…there are those who collect what they love, those who collect so others can’t have it, those who collect to resell, those who have to have every color and every variation, and….well….see!

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

I think if you like something and want MOOOORE that makes you a collector, not necessarily EVERY piece, just MOOOOORE in general. If you’re craving another Windstone, then yes, you could be classified as a collector. XD

Lysithian, I think Hagen Renaker figurines are what started me collecting figurines when I was little! I remember going to a local craft store with my mom and always getting a tiny mouse for like a quarter or a little kitten for 75 cents, I always looked forward to getting to pick out a new critter everytime we went! πŸ™‚ I still have a bunch on my desk!

I think if you like something and want MOOOORE that makes you a collector, not necessarily EVERY piece, just MOOOOORE in general. If you’re craving another Windstone, then yes, you could be classified as a collector. XD

Lysithian, I think Hagen Renaker figurines are what started me collecting figurines when I was little! I remember going to a local craft store with my mom and always getting a tiny mouse for like a quarter or a little kitten for 75 cents, I always looked forward to getting to pick out a new critter everytime we went! πŸ™‚ I still have a bunch on my desk!

Hay skeeterdeee! Four hagen renaker kitties I bought at a flea market sold for enough on ebay that i was anle to buy my ipad! Of course not all HRs are worth that much, and they are few and far between, but they are out there! I still collect HRs here and there! Just got an adorable super rare with sticker baby deer! And I have a bunch of english sheepdogs and can’t seem to stop getting them if they are cheap enough. I don’t need another HR sheepdog on grey but I neeeeed more!

Yup I’m a collector! Neeeeed more! Lol!

Stephanie
        Participant

To me…. a ‘true collector’ is one that loves the sculptures and the time that it took to make every one of them, from your favorite to none favorite… A collector will collect what they like. They don’t have to have every one to complete a set to be a true collector. Just love the art that it is.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

To me, all of you that have taken the time to register here, or post a comment on Melody’s facebook, or have admired her stuff on Deviantart, or dreamed of owning a dragon that you saw in a window display… (etc)..

You are all true collectors. To label who is and is not a TRUE collector is silly. We are all brought together by the love of Melody’s artwork.

It is in your heart, not in the size of your collection or the depth of your pocketbook.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Fritochick (Mary)
            Participant

Thank you Jennifer—that was said wonderfully! I agree with you, every time I look at my emps, I chage my mind on which I like best. But I’m happy I have ALL of them. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

WolfenMachine
              Participant

To me, all of you that have taken the time to register here, or post a comment on Melody’s facebook, or have admired her stuff on Deviantart, or dreamed of owning a dragon that you saw in a window display… (etc)..

You are all true collectors. To label who is and is not a TRUE collector is silly. We are all brought together by the love of Melody’s artwork.

It is in your heart, not in the size of your collection or the depth of your pocketbook.

Agreed!! And without all of us crazy collectors, this forum, and Windstone, wouldn’t be around today. Whether you buy 1 piece every 5 years or 10 pieces a year, you are supporting Windstone, Melody, and all the people and energy that goes into bringing beautiful dragons and fantasy creatures into everyone’s lives.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.