The First Annual Windstone Forum Fall/Winter Chocolate Swap! (CHECKING IN!!)

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps The First Annual Windstone Forum Fall/Winter Chocolate Swap! (CHECKING IN!!)

This topic contains 137 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  96037 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • Author

MandBsMom
    Participant

Just sent mine in!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Participant

Just sent mine in!

I sent replies to everyone I got emails from, I’m not seeing yours, are you sure it sent?

www.weaselsoneasels.com
    www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! PM me for current prices!

Kim
    Participant

A lot of my favourites are from Cadbury like: Caramilk, Crispy Crunch, Crunchie and Dairy Milk. I also love Toblerone and Lindt chocolate. So none of those are in the U.S.?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bullsquid
    Participant

Thanks for that list, Falcolf. The only chocolate bars that I’ve tried on the US list were Payday and Baby Ruth. All the others are a complete mystery to me (What the heck is a Zagnut? :P). Also, I had no idea that American and Canadian Mars bars were so different.

Question for US residents: Do you have Bounty bars? They are delicious chocolate-covered shredded coconut. How about Toffifee (not a bar, but soooooo good)?

Adaneth
    Participant

A lot of my favourites are from Cadbury like: Caramilk, Crispy Crunch, Crunchie and Dairy Milk. I also love Toblerone and Lindt chocolate. So none of those are in the U.S.?

We do have Toblerone and Lindt in the US, as my mom has spoiled me with both of them. πŸ™‚

Dragoneer_88
    Participant

Iv’e never heard of some of those American candy bars and I’m American! Lol! Maybe its a regional thing. Has anyone heard of a Cherry Mash bar? They’re supposedly not widely available in the U.S. even though they’re American. It’s mainly a Midwest candy, or so says the wiki page. πŸ˜› My local, non-walmart, grocery store and a few convenient stations carry them.

Falcolf
    Participant

So what kind of candy bars do we have in the U.S. that you don’t have in Canada or other places?

In Canada we don’t have:

Rocky Road – I would really covet trying one of these, personally XD
    Big Hunk
    Abba Zabba
    Look!
    U-No
    Anything from See’s Candy
    Chick-O-Stix
    Payday
    Timtam (although sometimes you see it in specialty stores)
    100 Grand
    Sky Bar
    5th Avenue
    Good News
    Chunky
    Planter’s Peanut Bar
    Baby Ruth
    Goldenburg’s Peanut Chews
    Zagnut
    Nutrageous
    Bun
    Heath
    GooGoo Clusters
    Clark Bar
    Now & Later
    Bit-O-Honey
    Nut Goodie

We do have Almond Joy and Mounds, at least in my part of Canada although they are not always very easy to find. This is by no means an intensive list; I compiled it by searching ‘candy bar’ on the US website ‘Old Time Candy’ and seeing what came up that I didn’t recognize. This list doesn’t include candies from Europe, Asia, or Oceania.

In Canada we have:

3 Musketeers
    Oh Henry!
    Reese’s Peanut Butter cups (and miscellaneous other Reese’s candy.)
    Eatmore
    Aero (quite a few different flavours!)
    Coffee Crisp
    Smarties (these are chocolate, NOT compressed sugar and they taste different from M&Ms. Our version of the US ‘smarties’ is called ‘rockets.’)
    KitKat
    Wunderbar
    Snickers
    Mars
    Lindt
    Godiva
    Green & Black’s
    M&Ms
    Endangered Species
    Crunchie
    Dairy Milk
    Dove
    Kinder*****

I might be missing some, I’m a bit tired haha.

*****PLEASE NOTE: Canada does have Kinder Surprises BUT it is illegal for us to mail Kinder Surprises to the US, so sorry guys. πŸ™ There can be a very hefty fine of up to $2,500 if you are caught, so keep that in mind if you decide to take the risk. Info -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise#United_States Instead, come visit us if you want your Kinder Surprise fix! πŸ˜‰ Trust me, we’ve got loads, so you can pig out to your heart’s content haha. πŸ˜€ (And did I mention our scenery?)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Falcolf
    Participant

I’ve definitely never heard of it!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Dragoneer_88
    Participant

What about Ghirardelli brand chocolate?

MandBsMom
    Participant

Just sent mine in!

I sent replies to everyone I got emails from, I’m not seeing yours, are you sure it sent?

It sent. Hmmm. I’ll try again.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

I have moved this thread back out of the new Swaps subforum until the access denied error can be resolved..

Participant

I have moved this thread back out of the new Swaps subforum until the access denied error can be resolved..

oh i didnt know it was moved, thank you!

www.weaselsoneasels.com

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! PM me for current prices!

Participant

Bumping for some more entries

www.weaselsoneasels.com

dragonmedley
    Participant

What about Ghirardelli brand chocolate?

Lindt owns this brand. And they also distribute Caffarel, at least in Canada.

Guylian from Belgium is awesome, and CΓ΄te d’Or is also available here, though not everywhere (Shoppers Drug Mart tends to have them, surprisingly).

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm

Pam

I entered πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.