The First Annual Windstone Forum Fall/Winter Chocolate Swap! (CHECKING IN!!)

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps The First Annual Windstone Forum Fall/Winter Chocolate Swap! (CHECKING IN!!)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    MandBsMom
    Participant

Just sent mine in!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Just sent mine in!

I sent replies to everyone I got emails from, I’m not seeing yours, are you sure it sent?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kim
      Blocked

A lot of my favourites are from Cadbury like: Caramilk, Crispy Crunch, Crunchie and Dairy Milk. I also love Toblerone and Lindt chocolate. So none of those are in the U.S.?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bullsquid
        Participant

Thanks for that list, Falcolf. The only chocolate bars that I’ve tried on the US list were Payday and Baby Ruth. All the others are a complete mystery to me (What the heck is a Zagnut? :P). Also, I had no idea that American and Canadian Mars bars were so different.

Question for US residents: Do you have Bounty bars? They are delicious chocolate-covered shredded coconut. How about Toffifee (not a bar, but soooooo good)?

Adaneth
          Participant

A lot of my favourites are from Cadbury like: Caramilk, Crispy Crunch, Crunchie and Dairy Milk. I also love Toblerone and Lindt chocolate. So none of those are in the U.S.?

We do have Toblerone and Lindt in the US, as my mom has spoiled me with both of them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dragoneer_88
            Participant

Iv’e never heard of some of those American candy bars and I’m American! Lol! Maybe its a regional thing. Has anyone heard of a Cherry Mash bar? They’re supposedly not widely available in the U.S. even though they’re American. It’s mainly a Midwest candy, or so says the wiki page. ๐Ÿ˜› My local, non-walmart, grocery store and a few convenient stations carry them.

Falcolf
              Participant

So what kind of candy bars do we have in the U.S. that you don’t have in Canada or other places?

In Canada we don’t have:

Rocky Road – I would really covet trying one of these, personally XD
                Big Hunk
                Abba Zabba
                Look!
                U-No
                Anything from See’s Candy
                Chick-O-Stix
                Payday
                Timtam (although sometimes you see it in specialty stores)
                100 Grand
                Sky Bar
                5th Avenue
                Good News
                Chunky
                Planter’s Peanut Bar
                Baby Ruth
                Goldenburg’s Peanut Chews
                Zagnut
                Nutrageous
                Bun
                Heath
                GooGoo Clusters
                Clark Bar
                Now & Later
                Bit-O-Honey
                Nut Goodie

We do have Almond Joy and Mounds, at least in my part of Canada although they are not always very easy to find. This is by no means an intensive list; I compiled it by searching ‘candy bar’ on the US website ‘Old Time Candy’ and seeing what came up that I didn’t recognize. This list doesn’t include candies from Europe, Asia, or Oceania.

In Canada we have:

3 Musketeers
                Oh Henry!
                Reese’s Peanut Butter cups (and miscellaneous other Reese’s candy.)
                Eatmore
                Aero (quite a few different flavours!)
                Coffee Crisp
                Smarties (these are chocolate, NOT compressed sugar and they taste different from M&Ms. Our version of the US ‘smarties’ is called ‘rockets.’)
                KitKat
                Wunderbar
                Snickers
                Mars
                Lindt
                Godiva
                Green & Black’s
                M&Ms
                Endangered Species
                Crunchie
                Dairy Milk
                Dove
                Kinder*****

I might be missing some, I’m a bit tired haha.

*****PLEASE NOTE: Canada does have Kinder Surprises BUT it is illegal for us to mail Kinder Surprises to the US, so sorry guys. ๐Ÿ™ There can be a very hefty fine of up to $2,500 if you are caught, so keep that in mind if you decide to take the risk. Info -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise#United_States Instead, come visit us if you want your Kinder Surprise fix! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Trust me, we’ve got loads, so you can pig out to your heart’s content haha. ๐Ÿ˜€ (And did I mention our scenery?)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Falcolf
                Participant

I’ve definitely never heard of it!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Dragoneer_88
                  Participant

What about Ghirardelli brand chocolate?

MandBsMom
                    Participant

Just sent mine in!

I sent replies to everyone I got emails from, I’m not seeing yours, are you sure it sent?

It sent. Hmmm. I’ll try again.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

I have moved this thread back out of the new Swaps subforum until the access denied error can be resolved..

I have moved this thread back out of the new Swaps subforum until the access denied error can be resolved..

oh i didnt know it was moved, thank you!

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Bumping for some more entries

dragonmedley
                      Participant

What about Ghirardelli brand chocolate?

Lindt owns this brand. And they also distribute Caffarel, at least in Canada.

Guylian from Belgium is awesome, and Cรดte d’Or is also available here, though not everywhere (Shoppers Drug Mart tends to have them, surprisingly).

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Pam

I entered ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.