Store Glitch on Fantasy Fennecs?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Store Glitch on Fantasy Fennecs?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

I am running into a weird circular issue with the Store.  I’m trying to order a Fantasy Fennec; when I first opened their page, it said 1 Available.  I added it to my cart and received the ‘please check out in 45 minutes’ message as though it had gone through.  However, when I clicked the ‘View Cart’ button to go check out, there’s a pink box saying that Windstone doesn’t have enough of this item to fill my order and I should wait 45 minutes or edit my cart and try again.

At this point there seems to be some kind of infinite loop issue – if I go back to the Fantasy Fennec page and try to add one to my cart, it says they’re out of stock.  However, if I delete the unorderable item from my cart first and then go back to the Fantasy Fennec page, it says one is available!  But putting it in my cart always results in the same ‘not enough to fulfill the order’ message.

EDIT: I also notice that if I leave the ‘unfulfillable’ order in my cart and go back to the Fantasy Fennec page, it says, “This item is not available at this time due to pending orders. Pending orders include 1 items already added to your cart. Check back in [number] mins to see if items become available.”  So I’m very confused – the item page thinks I have one in my cart, but my cart thinks that there aren’t any left to buy?

I don’t want to send money for an item that isn’t available, but I also don’t want to lose my chance to buy one if that message is supposed to mean ‘ignore what the cart says, you will get this item if you pay in the next 30 min’…

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
      Participant

Well, I tried a couple more times, and it finally allowed me to pay, so I’m going to take that as a sign that all is well.  🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bodine
        Participant

It says out of stock.Think someone bought them all?😂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

LZ
          Participant

It says they are all sold out now. Plus the description says there was no limit per person. Perhaps someone did buy most of them. I checked the item a few minutes after it was available and got the item counter to go above 30. I don’t remember how many there were.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Kim
            Blocked

Nightcrow, I had the same issue as you and I was also getting so frustrated!  I had one in my cart on my phone but went out to dinner with my mom and forgot about it so I added it again a while later when there were still a few in the store.  Well I finally went to check out before the timer ran out and it said the same thing that there weren’t enough to fill my order but when I clicked on the foxes it said to check back later but that I had one in my cart.  I tried it a couple times and then it said there were 2 back in store and then 1 and finally my order went through.  So maybe 1 or 2 were released from other carts and you and I got the last ones maybe?  Hopefully it all worked out but yeah I think that was a glitch because the items in the cart should be held til the timer runs out and it shouldn’t say there aren’t enough left to fill our orders when we already had them in our carts.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Zexious
              Participant

Can I ask what determines whether or not something has a “limit” upon initial release?

I try to limit my “social media/fun website” time each day. I log onto sites like this once in the morning, and then not again until the next morning (same as my personal e-mail), and I have missed out on the past few releases. Bummer :’)

Bodine
                Participant

It will tell you in “item description” about limits.They really are good about informing us.You just have to keep an eye out.They usually sell out quickly.Especially with no limitation.They do tend to release them around 3/5pm,our time.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

GardenNinja
                  Participant

Usually they put limits if they don’t think there will be enough for everyone to get one in the first mad rush without a limit. These batches were so small, I’m surprised there weren’t limits. Maybe they thought everyone would be tapped out from kickstarter, and they wouldn’t sell out so fast?

Are you signed up for notifications? I don’t know if this is possible on a phone, but in Outlook, I can set up a special notification for when a new message from someone arrives (or with something in the subject, or lots of other conditions).

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

LZ
                    Participant

I set Facebook to notify me when the Windstone FB page makes an update, but it doesn’t usually ding me until half an hour after Windstone did it.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Frankly I’m a bit surprised there wasn’t a limit for a 1st time release, but I didn’t get one anyway. Maybe like someone said, they figured most of us were tapped out after the kickstarter. That was my problem LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kim
                        Blocked

Zexious, there are still lots of natural grab bag fennecs in the store but if you want a fantasy one since my mom got one too we may sell or trade one if you want one or there may be others that pop up for sale once people get them in.  Usually if you want a fantasy usually grab bags are limited to one per person at first and if they are still in the store after a few days, then they take the limits off but even with limits sometimes grab bags sell out within a few hours, more or less depending how popular they are.  Yeah this time I think they probably didn’t put limits thinking not everyone would want one of these or that people had already spent money on other pieces or the kickstarter.  I wasn’t sure before I would get any myself but I had a bit of money left in paypal from getting some payments in so I had enough after the kickstarter to get them.  Definitely subscribe to the newsletter/updates by going on the main Windstone page, down to the bottom right where you can enter your email so anytime something new comes out you will get an email about it.  If you don’t have much time to check this or emails more than once a day I would suggest checking it each day in the afternoon or early evening because that’s usually when Windstone releases things like grab bags.  But since grab bags only come out like once a month, I would say if there is talk in the forum about a grab bag or other new pieces almost being finished or almost ready for release, to try and check here and emails more often for a few days til you see the thing you want released.  I remember a few years ago when the popular grab bags like baby unicorns would sell out within minutes.  I missed a couple batches when I was new and then I tried to check this and my emails more after that.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.