fbpx

Something happy: new boyfriend

Home Forums Miscellany Community Something happy: new boyfriend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

For those that don’t know, my last boyfriend (Josh) and I were dating 4 years, were living together, until in April 2012 he decides to randomly up and leave to join the Navy. He didn’t want to deal with a girlfriend back home so I got dumped. I was crushed. He moved out and in November he went off to boot camp. Nothing else after that really matters, but I found out in Jan/Feb that he’s engaged…to a 19 year old. Oh boy. That’s a loving stable relationship right there. Oh well. Once I got my head out of the water (wait, is that water?!) I realized how unhappy I was so it was for the best.

Well in November, I met a boy named Matt. He’s not my type really-I usually go for someone who is my opposite in a lot of ways…Matt is just exactly like me. We both like cars, cats, good food, diet Pepsi, fishing…we both don’t want kids (it’s been a lot harder than I thought to find a man who doesn’t want kids or would be okay adopting) He’s kind of shy and kind of quiet (Im encouraging him to talk more!)

The thing is…sshhh its a secret, you can’t tell anyone….we met online *facepalm* I work 9 hours a day and when I do go out, all the people I meet are in a relationship, wayyy too old, wwaaayy too young, not interested, SOMETHING. I don’t meet single, attractive, avaliable men. I signed up with this dating site and met up with 3-4 people. No spark. One guy there was a spark with…but that’s another story. Long story short, in the end, it didn’t work out. I realized this in November and started looking around on that site again and met Matt. He lives about 20 minutes away so not too far of a drive. I didn’t want to meet someone, have him like me, me get attached, and then him find out I have 3 cats and I collect dragons and have him be scared off…so I figured I should put all my crazy out front in neon lights.

I have this room on the back of the house I call my “cave”…its not a man cave because Im not a man, but there’s a Budweiser sign, a mini-fridge, a hooka pipe, a big screen TV, an assortment of video game systems, board games and a hot tub-lots of fun stuff lol I have about 70+ Windstones in there-most color coded in oranges, reds, yellows, browns and the black gold dragons because they’re…*says in dude voice* “cool”. I told him I collect dragons when I started to like him. The first time he came over and saw my collection….

get this

he ACTUALLY likes my Windstones! X_X He loves owls and I want to find him an owl candle lamp. I gave him a sitting cat candle lamp and he loved it. We finish each other’s sentences and …he THINKS like me! So when I say something obscure like “where did we go when we caught that fish?” even though we’ve been plenty of places and caught plenty of fish, he will know what and where I’m talking about. We joke, “it’s going to really suck when we find out we’re brother and sister” LOL and unlike past boyfriends when I say “OOO LETS GO DO THIS” or “lets go there and do that” he is always up for it. Its kinda REALLY nice 🙂

Stormbringer777
      Participant

Good for YOU!! :party: As a (slightly lower voice)”DUDE”, I’m VERY happy for you!! I know I don’t know you AT ALL(aside from being a windstone nut)LOL….but it really sounds like, from reading your post, you are finally HAPPY. 🙂 I hope you and Matt are happy together.(even though you might be brother and sister)LOL!!! CHEERS :party:

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Good on ya, wolfen!!! That’s fabulous!!! It’s difficult to find a soulmate and Matt sounds like yours! Very, very happy for you *HUGS!*

tdm :love:

tdm

dragonmedley
          Participant

Awesome! But, um… count your Windstones, huh? Ya know, just in case 🙂

Seriously, I hope it works out.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Good for you Wolfen! I hear ya on the no kid thing… it’s hard to find someone who doesn’t want kids these days. Being okay with adopting even more so. *thumbs up* Who cares about meeting online, lots of great relationships start online! All my friends I made on the forum started that way ^_^ YAY! *thumbs up* Also.. I mean come on, he likes Windstones, he’s a keeper!! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Skigod377
              Participant

Congrats!! I hope you guys enjoy yourselves!!

Kim
                Blocked

That’s awesome! Sometimes you have to close on door before another will open so this is a good new opportunity for you to be with someone better than the last. I am still trying to get my ex to move on after we dated on and off for the last two and a half years. He moved about 10 hours away for work and has visited me only 3 times in the last 8 months so I have had lots of time to get over him but he refuses to get over me which is a different kind of problem than what I am used to. But I really want to move on and keep telling him so even though he calls and texts me still all time begging me to change my mind. Sometimes I have questioned if I should just accept him and settle for him but I don’t want to settle so your story gives me hope that if I let him go maybe I will find a better, more suitable guy for me! I am trying online dating too so wish me luck!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Falcolf
                  Participant

Congratulations Wolfen, I really hope it works out for you! 😀 He really sounds like a keeper!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Nothing wrong with meeting online! My husband and I have been together 10 years now and we lived thousands of miles apart and did the long-distance thing for a while. Never been happier!

Good for you! 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

ZOMG! So happy for you!! Keep the good moments going and let the past be just that, the past, and a learning experience! Wishing you the best!

phantomess
                        Participant

Congrats! That’s great! And I’ll echo the others who’ve said nothing is wrong with meeting online- that’s how my husband and I met, in 2005! (Although it wasn’t through a dating site, just chatting in a car chatroom.) And we lived quite a bit more than 20 minutes apart.
                          Congrats again :bigsmile:

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Zloy720
                          Participant

It certainly gives the rest of us single, work-a-holic, windstone & gaming/anime obsessed nuts hope! Thanks for the inspiration and hope things go great for the two of you!

Adoption is wonderful, how many kids can say their parents loved them so much they actually chose them to be family!

Snapdragon
                            Participant

Guys are jerks 😉

(Is there still a 1% male population on here or did that manage to go up at all?)

Nothing wrong with meeting online, that’s how I got into all my troubles.

The very first forum poster. Gone but not forgotten.

Bodine
                              Participant

Hope you have a long,loving relationship.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

dragonmedley
                                Participant

(Is there still a 1% male population on here or did that manage to go up at all?).

It’s dwindled… but there are still a few hanging around!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.