fbpx

So when is the next swap?

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps So when is the next swap?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Yeah, a customs form…Not too hard. πŸ˜‰

I read and I go… glee! Looks like fun! Thanksye. Even if it won’t happen until well after the move…

Pegasi1978
    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

Melody said they had a fair number of PYOs when they pulled them from the store since the eyes were getting shipped to Oregon so I would think that means that most of the PYOs should get put back in the store fairly quickly once things are somewhat situated.

I sure hope so! If there are still no PYOs available in September I know some people who’d have a fit – me included! πŸ˜†

Oh me too! I have some that I was planning on doing for family members this year. I have one of the three, possibly four, that I am planning on painting in my hands right now.

I hope flapcats come out before Christmas. I want to paint my parent’s kitties, Sugar and spice, both brown tabbies with orange, on a flapcat. And another two to paint for my grandparents to look like Nippy and Taffy, both orange tabbies.

At least Sugar and Spice won’t look like Melody’s stuff, unless the pics come out REALLY poorly, and loose all the pretty tabby patterns. πŸ˜€

*is excited*

Maria
      Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

Melody said they had a fair number of PYOs when they pulled them from the store since the eyes were getting shipped to Oregon so I would think that means that most of the PYOs should get put back in the store fairly quickly once things are somewhat situated.

I sure hope so! If there are still no PYOs available in September I know some people who’d have a fit – me included! πŸ˜†

Oh me too! I have some that I was planning on doing for family members this year. I have one of the three, possibly four, that I am planning on painting in my hands right now.

I’m really kicking myself for not stocking up last month. I have vacation from school now, which means free evenings where I could be painting. I wish the PYOs would get back in the store!

Question: What happens if you get your swap, but it wasn’t what you thought you wanted? (or don’t like it, or…..?) I’d like to try, but I’m not sure if I could do something from someone else’s imagination….. :shrug:

Katherine
        Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Is there a thread with the swapped PYO’s in them?

Also, what are the requirements for shipping overseas? I have never done that before.

Right here: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6827

For the overseas thing, I think Canada and the US are the same: you just fill out an extra form at the post office.

Thank you. πŸ˜€

dragonmedley
          Participant

tasgrs wrote:

Question: What happens if you get your swap, but it wasn’t what you thought you wanted? (or don’t like it, or…..?) I’d like to try, but I’m not sure if I could do something from someone else’s imagination….. :shrug:

I don’t think that’s happened… Personally, I love all my swap pieces. They’re all different, but they’re all special to me, because they were painted for ME. I can tell a lot of time and care was put into them. I’m pretty sure everyone feels the same way!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

What the heck; count me in for the next swap! I’ve just finished a kirin, (who gave me MUCH less trouble than her griffin brother!) and I’m feeling a little better about my “talents”.

twindragonsmum
            Participant

tasgrs wrote:

I worried about that myownself during the last swap. I got to paint for GreaterBasilisk and the dragon came out more pastel than I intended… I think she still liked it (at least I hope she did πŸ˜€ ) I’m looking forward to the next one. I was thrilled with my dragon from Emerald! I think half the fun is seeing how someone else interprets your ‘wants’ πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

dragonmedley
              Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

I think half the fun is seeing how someone else interprets your ‘wants’ πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Exactly! I’ve asked for the same color scheme everytime, and they all look different. It’s great πŸ˜€

I think I’ll have a problem asking for a color scheme in the first place… so many nice ones. πŸ™„ πŸ˜€

I can see me having trouble trying to decide what I wanted. πŸ™„ Although I’m easy to please–just paint it shades of blue! πŸ˜‰

Maria
                Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

tasgrs wrote:

I worried about that myownself during the last swap. I got to paint for GreaterBasilisk and the dragon came out more pastel than I intended… I think she still liked it (at least I hope she did πŸ˜€ ) I’m looking forward to the next one. I was thrilled with my dragon from Emerald! I think half the fun is seeing how someone else interprets your ‘wants’ πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

I loved it, and still do love it, even though I’m usually not too big on pastels. Every piece turns out lovely, and doubly so because you know the person painted specifically and specially for you.

dragonmedley
                  Participant

I just wanted to let you know that I emailed Susie, and she told me the PYOs wouldn’t be ready for shipping for the next while. They haven’t unpacked them yet.

I will start the sign-up on Sept. 1st, as planned, but I will allow more time for the sign-up to give Windstone time to prepare to ship the PYOs. If by then they’re still not available, I’ll push the ship date back. Right now, the planned ship date would be beginning of November.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.