fbpx

So this happened today…

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion So this happened today…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

The true artist continues painting when she falls through her 11 year old folding chair. Couldn’t move anyways, I was pretty stuck. Lol Thanks to my neighbor for rescuing me.

Has any one else had those “oh, well this is both hilarious and unfortunate” moments?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kim
    Blocked

Oh dear. Haha. Looks like you need a new chair!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bullsquid
      Participant

Has any one else had those “oh, well this is both hilarious and unfortunate” moments?

Oh dear, indeed. Did the chair start to give gradually, or did it go all at once? When good chairs go bad. XD

I had an experience that was both funny (I thought so) and unfortunate. I was in the Ecuadorian rainforest as part of a biology course, and on that particular day it was absolutely pouring rain. Under the jungle canopy it was oppressively hot, everyone in my class was soaked to the skin with rain and sweat, and the earth beneath our feet had turned into mud soup. Towards the end of our trek through the forest, with all of us feeling quite miserable, we came upon a steep slope about 12 feet tall that we needed to descend. The only way to go down was to jam the side of your foot into the muddy slope and hope that your foothold stuck. Well, wouldn’t you know it, but as I was descending the top of the slope, my foothold gave way. I had a split second to decide whether to slide straight down, crashing into the three classmates below me, or to push off the slope and fall by myself. I chose the latter, twisting myself sideways away from my classmates and rolling headlong down the slope, eventually smacking against a tree at the bottom. The rest of my group was horrified, and quickly asked if I was okay, but I just had to laugh at myself. I’m sure I looked patently ridiculous, tumbling down like a sack of potatoes (I was also completely unhurt, thankfully). It was a fitting end to a comically miserable day.

I think it’s good to be able to laugh at your own (minor) misfortune sometimes, rather than taking everything too seriously.

Melody
        Keymaster

You are very photogenic, even with your butt stuck in a chair!

Ela_Hara
          Participant

“Quick! Hide the PYO I was painting for the Swap before taking the photo!”

Yes, you do taken a great photo. ๐Ÿ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Falcolf
            Participant

Haha, I’ve had silly moments like this too. Can’t think of any off hand, but they’ve happened! ๐Ÿ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

You are very photogenic, even with your butt stuck in a chair!

Right??! lol ๐Ÿ™‚

– I think I live my life with random moments of ‘Did that seriously just happen??’ of one degree or another XD I don’t think any of my friends would be surprised if I sent them a photo like this, haha

One of my more recent ones was while running errands at Walmart at nearly 9pm, apparently some guy thought I was cute, and after crossing my path several times in the store – trying his best to avoid making it look intentional.. (it was so obvious, lol) he ended up going through a checkout at the same time I did, then tried to linger on the way out so I would catch up (looking at the Subway Sandwich menue, when it was closed, lol) – I took my time, assuring he got out the door before I did, I even stopped at the Redbox and browsed over the movies til a couple minutes after he reached his car, didn’t stop him from waiting then walking across 3 isles to my truck so he could ask me out… o.O …. in the Walmart parking lot… at 9pm… Awkward much?! With a dash of creepy…
                Not entirely the same kind of thing.. but definitely a ‘Really?!’ moment, haha

Kim
                Blocked

Kaytana, I think that is cute a guy would do that. I wish guys took the time to notice me like that! The guys I know are too scared to ask girls out and I’m not getting any younger!

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

Kaytana, I think that is cute a guy would do that. I wish guys took the time to notice me like that! The guys I know are too scared to ask girls out and I’m not getting any younger!

It was cute in all its awkwardness, lol.. Maybe would have been more cute if he seemed closer to my age, he looked maybe 22 (I’m 30) lol.. kind of like the guy when I was out country dancing last night, he was trying so hard.. but there is no way I’m going to flirt back with a 19yr old, lol

Kim
                    Blocked

That’s funny. I am 32 and I never go to bars but also went with a friend to a country bar for her birthday the other day and the same thing happened to us with young guys coming up to us asking us to dance. One 30 year year old girl with us had to explain to a 20 year old that she was married with a child half his age. That was awkward. haha

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.