Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Sign up for the fall PYO swap – Sign-up closed

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Started painting mine. And boy oh boy, I had a MOMENT. After spending several hours painting, my sculpt decided to tip over. It didn’t fall on the floor and break or anything (thankfully). No, instead the head of the sculpt landed on the edge of my paint palette and literally CATAPULTED the paint up into the air to splat all over the sculpt itself. I just about screamed at my horribly cartoony disaster moment. The only blessing was that by some miracle the paint landed on areas I had not painted yet. So I rinsed them off as best I could, let it dry and masked over the colorful blotches with white paint. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to paint over the areas with the INTENDED color scheme. But yeah, that was my bad moment. -sighs- It seems like every swap has at least one accident, doesn’t it? Hopefully that was this one’s. ^_^;

If mary or I dont break mine for third swap in row, we’ll be all set πŸ˜‰ Mine’s laying on it’s side on a towel just in case, not even gonna try the turntable this time. My cat likes to play with it too much.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

dragonmedley
    Participant

Maybe pics were sent to dragonmedley but not forwarded to you? I’d ask.

Good luck! πŸ™‚

She asked but didnt get a reply, dragonmedley if you see this, Laundry2011 did get the pic attachments for her swap..

Got the email and replied. Not sure if I forgot to forward or if the email didn’t get through. I forwarded it again – one of the pics is 2 MG.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
      Participant

Started painting mine. And boy oh boy, I had a MOMENT. After spending several hours painting, my sculpt decided to tip over. It didn’t fall on the floor and break or anything (thankfully). No, instead the head of the sculpt landed on the edge of my paint palette and literally CATAPULTED the paint up into the air to splat all over the sculpt itself. I just about screamed at my horribly cartoony disaster moment. The only blessing was that by some miracle the paint landed on areas I had not painted yet. So I rinsed them off as best I could, let it dry and masked over the colorful blotches with white paint. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to paint over the areas with the INTENDED color scheme. But yeah, that was my bad moment. -sighs- It seems like every swap has at least one accident, doesn’t it? Hopefully that was this one’s. ^_^;

lol did you take a photo first?

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

LOL! I know I shouldn’t laugh, but that sounded so funny! Glad it didn’t potentially ruin your paint scheme. Sounds like a neat experiment for a ‘Splatter’ color scheme, which is related to ‘Tie Die’ I think…maybe your sculpt wanted to be really colorful. πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
          Participant

lol did you take a photo first?

Oh my gosh, I was in such a panic at the time that the first thing I did was bolt to the sink with the sculpt. There was no time for pictures! -laughs-

LOL! I know I shouldn’t laugh, but that sounded so funny! Glad it didn’t potentially ruin your paint scheme. Sounds like a neat experiment for a ‘Splatter’ color scheme, which is related to ‘Tie Die’ I think…maybe your sculpt wanted to be really colorful. πŸ™‚

At the time I had just spent 6+ hours painting and was not in a laughing mood. When I calmed down, yeah it was funny. And I think a splatter scheme is an interesting idea. After I calmed down it actually made me consider the idea of securing a small pyo in one of those spin painters and trying to spin paint a sculpt. For a ‘Splatter’ color scheme…I’d take it outside on some newspapers on the lawn. Not flicking paint around inside! πŸ˜€

As for my swap sculpt, it’s already going to be colorful…so it can just forget that splatter nonsense! πŸ˜‰

SPark
            Participant

Mine is done! It came out pretty well, I think. Hopefully my partner likes it when it’s shipping time.

Phoegonix
              Participant

Done except for clear coat and gluing in the eyes. Phew – I put it off a bit and I was worried I wouldn’t get done.

Mines done excecpt for a little touch up.

Laundry2011 and I are doing another collaboration for her’s this year, its almost done.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

MandBsMom
                Participant

I finally got another painting session in. I really didn’t like how it was coming out. I changed the base color shade and now I am much happier! I also adjusted the pattern a bit. It still needs another couple sessions plus the sealing. I’m also not sure about if I will antique it or not. I may just antique part of it. I’ll have to see how it looks when I’m done with it.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Yea! πŸ˜€
                    I get to do more painting on my PYO tomorrow! All by Myself for most of the entire day! No Work! No Husband finding things for me to do! No House Work! πŸ˜€

Hopefully I’ll get the lion’s share of it done! Can’t wait! Yea! πŸ˜€

EDIT MONDAY, 10/26:
                    YAHOO! My PYO is almost done! Just need to antique and clear coat it, then wait to ship to my Swap Buddy. :love:

EDIT TUESDAY, 11/3:
                    YES! The Antiguing turned out great! I’m loving this PYO I’m doing… if this wasn’t for the swap, I’d be very tempted to keep it. Finishing the clear coating throughout the next few days and the eyes by picture time. I’m so happy with this! πŸ™‚

UPDATE SAT., 11/7:
                    Yahoo! One more coat of brush on varnish to go and I can glue in the eyes and sign/attach the felt pad! I’ll be done by Tuesday this week for sure πŸ™‚ Yay!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                    Participant

I can hear mine kicking the box.It wants out!

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Phoegonix
                      Participant

I thought I was done. Looking today, it needs more shading. But there’s time still!

Prezaurian
                        Participant

Whew! I finally finished mine, photographed and boxed it up! Can’t even tell there was ‘paint-a-pult’ accident anymore! πŸ˜€ I’m really looking forward to shipping and the reveals! I’m super excited to see what my swap partner will think. I hope they like it! πŸ˜€

This will be my last swap for a little while so I’m glad it’ll be on this note. I have some other projects I want to get back to. Not the least of which are some blank PYOs that have been awaiting paint jobs for quite some time! Also a small repair & paint touch up to a Flion one of my friends was awesome enough to get for me off of eBay a little while ago. Some illustrations I want to work on and a diorama + paint for a Reaper dragon miniature I’ve been working on. Gonna be busy for awhile…but I still have time for a commission or two if anyone is interested! lol πŸ˜‰ Hope everyone’s having fun!

MandBsMom
                          Participant

A few more years, and my little five year old will be ready to join the swaps!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Prezaurian
                            Participant

-laughs- That’s so cute! Nice to see the arts bloom early!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.