Show Your Collection 2021

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show Your Collection 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    laphon1
    Participant

You are correct Ela_Hara. That is the one Melody painted.

I’ve been looking at these gorgeous collections and noticing the different ways people collect.

Some people collect one or two sculpts in as many colors as they can get.

Others specialize in color schemes.

And then there are the oddballs like me who will get one or two of each sculpt but in different colors.

And they all work.

Bodine
      Participant

Yep,I agree.Each collection is unique just like us😊
        Congrats on y’all’s awesome collections.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
        Participant

Little Poad family.I need a poppa to complete it.

20210313_0555572

dragonmedley
          Participant

New shelf for smaller pieces!

039BC38B-70DF-4957-871F-F86D9ACB459A

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

etruscan
            Participant

Very nice!

VS
              Participant

Ok, I rearranged the majority of my collection to my (current) satisfaction. Well, in one curio anyway. But this way you get to see all the bantams and bigger pieces spaced out so I think they show better this way. Especially with books in the background. The ruby curio will get books, I’m not there yet tho.

pipsxlch
                Participant

Aah! Andre Norton! One of the first authors I was introduced to as a child, and in big part responsible for me growing up a bookworm.

VS
                  Participant

I am a HUGE Andre Norton fan, I have been trying to get every book she ever wrote (hard and soft cover). Got her mystery and historical fiction hiding there too, lol. 2 more shelves of her stuff (Solar Queen and Witch World) are on a more fragile shelving unit (where Windstones fear to tread lest the shelves give out, so they’ve more enduring friends instead). Unfortunately her stuff is hard to come by these days. She wasn’t as well known an author as Isaac Asimov and Anne McCaffery and so they’re neither republishing her stuff nor scanning it to ebook like other authors, its just being lost to circulation by time. So I’m glad to see another fan of hers!

Bodancia
                    Participant

That’s great to see your dragons AND your books. I’ve got quite a collection of both Andre Norton and Anne McCaffery books too.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Bodine
                      Participant

20210405_1408282

pipsxlch
                        Participant

Mimi, I LOVE that picture! If there’s another members-photos calendar, you should submit it. (love the dragon too- I’ll find the right Hearth one day)

VS, I still love Andre Norton also, and have many of her books yet. Which titles are you looking for? A used bookstore near me has a fair bit of her stuff. They tend to be pricey, but they have a big inventory.

Bodine
                          Participant

Thank you Pip😊I had that exact same thought if you can use an old photo that is.

VS
                            Participant

Is that a grouse in a bush? 😉

Yay! More Andre Norton fans! I’ve almost everything she wrote so it’s actually at a point I’m trying to research what’s left to find. I recently got Mark of the Cat Year of the Rat (been hunting it a while!) through Half Price Books. I used to have a list of what I was still hunting but I can’t even go to the lists I made of what I do have, the Covid shot has me down for the count. I currently can’t leave my bed without almost passing out or throwing up. So I’ll have to get back to you sometime, Pip.

Bodine
                              Participant

VS,not a grouse dear.My AL CS,Queen Azura.Looking quite content out for a day in nature.😊

laphon1
                                Participant

Bodine, I second, or is it third, that photo would make a lovely calendar entry.

VS, I am drooling over that cabinet. That is exactly the sort of thing I have been looking for and so far been unable to find. It is absolutely gorgeous.

I also have an Andre Norton and Ann McCaffrey collection. At the moment most of them are in boxes because I have no place to put them. The first book of hers I read was “Witch World”. I loved the cover so I picked it up. And went on from there. I like the way you have displayed your dragons along side the books. I did something similar with some of my other pieces once upon a time.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 310 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.