September 2013 GBY Unicorn Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags September 2013 GBY Unicorn Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    rock-reader
    Participant

Well, the new batch has hit the stores so it’s time for a new picture thread…Let the fun begin! :bigsmile:

etruscan
      Participant

Oh man, I had the money saved and everything… and I missed them. Well, congratulations to everyone who snagged one, and I am looking forward to all your lovely pictures.

They aren’t gone yet – some may still pop out of carts and back into the store. “Out of Stock” does not mean they are officially sold out. The “Notify when back in stock” button appears when they are sold out.

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

I KNEW they would be in the store today!! You know how I knew? Because my kitchen cupboards were empty and my little ones needed haircuts because they were starting to look like little sheep dogs (and tomorrow is school picture day, LOL). My gut told me to check the store on my phone at 7:20 EST and there they were! So I called my elderly dad and walked him through how to order one for me and listened to him grumble about “$360?! 360?!” Now that he knows how much they are, everytime he walks past my Windstone case I’m gonna hear “$360?!”. ROFL

Falcolf
          Participant

Skeeterdee, I can’t help giggling at your description of your little ones looking like sheep dogs! Congratulations on snagging a unicorn! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
            Blocked

Oh man, I had the money saved and everything… and I missed them. Well, congratulations to everyone who snagged one, and I am looking forward to all your lovely pictures.

Mercury Star, did you manage to get one or did you try e-mailing Susie in case someone ordered one for someone else who got one or in case there was an extra? I know you really wanted one so hopefully there would be one out there for you.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kelsey
              Participant

Is there going to be a class photo? Or did I somehow miss it somewhere?

rock-reader
                Participant

I haven’t seen a class photo (yet?). Little John said last week there would be one but who knows? They might have figured since Sikek posted her lovely scene captures from the livestream, that they were enough…

Kim
                  Blocked

Susie wrote this in the comments under the unicorns in the store: “Re-stocked 9/5/13 – we did not change the photo because this restock is an extension of the ones we sold in the last batch (the July batch).”

Although I would like to see a class photo as well if one was taken so we know how many there are and can find ours or ones we like in the group when they arrive.

scenceable
                    Participant

I got one… after saving the money in my account for weeks! But even still, I was sitting there after like “$400? How likely is it the unicorn you get will actually be worth $400? Uhhh” And then there will be $70-$80 in customs no doubt. Prior to now the most I’ve ever spent on a windstone was $300 and it was one of my favourite GBY unicorns.

But, on the other hand, I am SOOOO excited to see what I got. Really hoping for either a safari appaloosa of some sort, or one of the two pink ones (pink octopus or the lavender and pink leafy one). But there were lots of other very cool detailed ones that I didn’t really pay much attention to that might be surprisingly gorgeous, never know until you open the box!

I’m excited to see what all their names are, after suggesting so many random ones on the stream πŸ˜›

Can’t wait for photos!

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

Skeeterdee, I can’t help giggling at your description of your little ones looking like sheep dogs! Congratulations on snagging a unicorn! πŸ˜€

Have you ever watched those Looney Tunes cartoons with the sheep dog and the coyote? That’s an accurate description of how they looked. XD I avoided taking them out all this week so I wouldn’t miss any ‘corns, LOL!
                         photo lt-sheepdog_zpsc5aaed18.png

Susie
                        Keymaster

Melody took a class photo – she usually puts those on her blog… – she’s been busy!

Kim
                          Blocked

I got one… after saving the money in my account for weeks! But even still, I was sitting there after like “$400? How likely is it the unicorn you get will actually be worth $400? Uhhh” And then there will be $70-$80 in customs no doubt. Prior to now the most I’ve ever spent on a windstone was $300 and it was one of my favourite GBY unicorns.

But, on the other hand, I am SOOOO excited to see what I got. Really hoping for either a safari appaloosa of some sort, or one of the two pink ones (pink octopus or the lavender and pink leafy one). But there were lots of other very cool detailed ones that I didn’t really pay much attention to that might be surprisingly gorgeous, never know until you open the box!

I’m excited to see what all their names are, after suggesting so many random ones on the stream πŸ˜›

Can’t wait for photos!

Scenceable, what are you located that you pay customs? When my mom got one from the last batch it was over $400 Canadian plus customs I think was about $30 so it did add up but luckily it was one she liked. The one I got I luckily didn’t have to pay customs as they pick boxes randomly and I ended up trading mine for one I loved so they are worth it especially if you can get one you like or trade for a favourite. I love the rainbow ones in this new batch. My favourites are the rainbow leaf ones, rainbow leopard and rainbow butterfly!

scenceable
                            Participant

Can’t wait for photos!

Scenceable, what are you located that you pay customs? When my mom got one from the last batch it was over $400 Canadian plus customs I think was about $30 so it did add up but luckily it was one she liked. The one I got I luckily didn’t have to pay customs as they pick boxes randomly and I ended up trading mine for one I loved so they are worth it especially if you can get one you like or trade for a favourite. I love the rainbow ones in this new batch. My favourites are the rainbow leaf ones, rainbow leopard and rainbow butterfly!

I just moved to Toronto. I have found in the past it is random but lately I have been charged for almost every parcel I have received. I have also noticed my parcels are not arriving damaged near as often, so maybe they’re just being more conscientious overall. Customs, when they decide to charge, are 13% plus $10. So for a $360 unicorn it would be about $57. So not quite $70-$80 like I said before! πŸ™‚ Dunno if it’s different in Alberta, I know your sales tax is less than ours though.

Worse to worse I can sell mine or trade it for a normie appaloosa maybe!

I always use USPS but have never paid customs, only on ups they are a bunch of money suckers!

Oh ya! I snagged One as well.

briteblades
                              Participant

I think this is the first grab bag batch I ever missed out on! O_o
                                I can’t wait to see everyone’s uni!!! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 238 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.