fbpx

Sadly Another RIP on Here for Fluffy

Home Forums Miscellany Community Sadly Another RIP on Here for Fluffy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I wasn’t going to post this because of the other recent RIPs for people dogs passing but I guess I will anyway. Fluffy was a long haired part maine coon cat we rescued along with her sister maybe a year and a half ago. She was a nice cat when we got her and adjusted well but in the last couple of months she became really miserable when we took in an abandoned Siamese mother cat who had kittens and Fluffy would just refuse to stay in and always begged to go outside. My mom got a call a couple days ago from the City Pound who told us someone had found a cat on the road a couple blocks down from us and they traced her microchip to us. She must have been hit by a car so they cremated her. I was really sad to hear that and frustrated because we tried so hard to keep her inside but when we brought her in she would just growl and hiss at the other cats and scratch at the door to go back outside. I told my mom a couple days before this to keep her inside and I put an add on kijiji for her to try and find her a home without other cats. We got a couple messages but the places didn’t seem that suitable. Then I went camping for two days and my mom accidentally let her out again and then this happened. I never got to say goodbye. I took the ad off kijiji and just sat there in shock. She was only about 3 or 4 years old and I just feel bad we didn’t have a chance to find her another home sooner. RIP Fluffy.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Stormbreeze
      Participant

I am so sorry that happened! Especially when she was so young. But you put a lot of effort in to the few short years she lived; they must have been good ones.
        Nonetheless the loss of a family member (even one with fur and a tail) is always hard. Best of luck to you and yours,

From, Stormbreeze
        *virtual hugs*

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Setsunawolf
        Participant

Hugs Kim. You did good by her, sometimes bad things happen. Talia was responding to her meds when I left for GenCon, and she failed in the 2 days I was gone. It sucks when you do your best and it isn’t enough. Pain is better shared, don’t be afraid to do so.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Pheonixxfoxx
          Participant

I’m very sorry for your loss…*hugs*

Prezaurian
            Participant

Oh…I’m so sorry Kim. You have my sympathies and condolences. I had something similar happen to me. My mom brought in some new cats and our older cat couldn’t stand it. So she kept going out…was gone for longer and longer periods of time. I said we should keep her inside after she reappeared from being gone for three days and then my mom deliberately let her out again. She never came home again. It really hurts and I wanted to say I’m so sorry for your loss.

Amstaff
              Participant

So sorry for your loss Kim. Just know you gave her a good home with lots of love, and that you did try your best to make her as happy as can be. *hugs*

darjeb
                Participant

My deepest sympathy it is very hard to lose a pet but at least you know you gave her a good home for most of her life

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Awe 🙁 That’s awful… had a smililar thing happen with a cat years ago my sister put outside one day because of a horrible problem of the cat relieving itself on the bed on a regular basis. It was a very “prissy kitty” in a sense it just was not one of those types of cats that would survive outside. He would go out here and there, but for only a few minutes and never leave the yard. He was outside overnight that one time and he just got sick and died within a few days. It was a horrible illness and before we even knew what was wrong that cat had wasted away into nothing. She blamed herself for a long time about it. Unfortunately, we can never predict these kinds of things. It’s a shame that because of the cat’s inhability to tolerate another animal in the home that had to happen. You’re like me Kim, we want to save them all 🙁

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kim
                    Blocked

Oh sad! I am still kind of shocked about Fluffy not coming home again. We are keeping Cookie, the Siamese mom though and we are keeping one of her brown tabby babies, but the other 3 kittens found new homes. So as of now we are down to 5 cats with the kitten and we are advertising one other rescue ‘Feisty’ who was Fluffy’s sister to try and find her a home as she would also be happier in a home with less cats I think. We may be able to get away with moving next month with 4 cats but we will see if we can find a good pet friendly place.

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

So sorry to hear about your Furbaby. 🙁

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                        Blocked

Here are pictures of Fluffy. The first one is when we took her in with her sister.

Prezaurian
                          Participant

What a pretty girl. You have wonderful pictures to remember her by.

Bodine
                            Participant

Very sorry for your loss Kim.This has been a wickedly bad year for our furry loved ones.May this year end in joy and happiness so we can all set our losses in our hearts to live forever and go forward.I am personally having a really hard time with that.Hugz :((

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.