fbpx

Rue Day

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Rue Day

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 455 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

I hope Sir Thork can help “kid”!!

etruscan
      Participant

Page 137:
        [Melody knows about the missing L in “will” in the last panel.]

rueday_page137

Melody
        Keymaster

Only two typos! Yay for me.

etruscan
          Participant

Page 138:

Rueday_page138

etruscan
            Participant

Page 139:

rueday_page139

etruscan
              Participant

Melody’s deviantArt page has an update on “sparkle juice” – “Sparkle juice is a fun substance that is the perfect recreational drug. Ayonah created these bottomless ‘providence jars’ to keep it in. Sparkle juice has no bad side effects, not addictive, and can treat many minor health problems. You can use it whatever way you want, bathe in it, drink it, or just let loose into the air. Providence jars are prohibited in King Serence’s camp but Lark always seems to have a few around. They make excellent bait for traps.”

etruscan
                Participant

Page 140:

Rueday_page140

Melody
                  Keymaster

The art on these pages is kinda slapdash. I do clean up the art on these pages during the week! and the typos.

etruscan
                    Participant

Page 141:

Rueday_page141_resized

etruscan
                      Participant

This page has generated some interesting comments on deviantArt! Lots of good information …

Question – “I love this crazy universe of yours, Im surprised it doesnt have more following!
                        Dont these pages take a long time to draw? some pages have a crazy amount of characters and vegetation 😮
                        Whats your secret to not growing bored/exhausted? theres like an ocean of unfinished graphic novels on deviantart :’D ”
                        Melody’s reply – “Yes some pages take forever to finish. That’s why I usually can’t get more than one page done every two weeks! Even a simple page, like this page. When I draw a fancy background, I often reuse the art. So I do cut corners. As for how I keep going… well two things keep me going and not getting bored. I have had this story in my head since I was about 13. (I’m 67 now!) and it must come out in a form so others can see it before I kick the bucket! And the second thing that keeps me going, people who read it every time I post it, and comment! Seriously, if not for a small number of cherished followers I’d be pretty discouraged by now! It is a whole lot of work! Thank you for noticing! …”

Two related comments – “Ohh is this the first time you bring up they can actually choose their forms? That’s interesting” … “I just wanted to make this remark, too. Melody, could you tell us more about this?”
                        Melody’s reply – “If you start young, when the connection to your ‘vel’ ( jellyfish shaped soul-like thing) is very supple, your people-form can squeeze back into the vel and reemerge as something else. Little kids can do this easily but many adults lose the ability as they grow up unless they regularly practice at it. It is a talent like gymnastics. We could all tumble around and do somersaults when we were young- but not now! …not me anyway. Some people really excel at shifting and maintain the ability as adults. Most people choose a doglike form to shift into because of the Rueday holiday when dogs might be needed to ward off Theothereone sr. who is afraid of dogs. Other charismatic creatures are used also. (It’s like a furry convention) Once your chosen form has been used a few times it tends to ‘set’ and that is pretty much the form you can use forever, but it is possible to tweak your form design somewhat. Because using a chimeric form ( more than one real animal, stuck together) is taboo in Ayonah’s world, the rebels show their rebelliousness by having their forms include horns or a mish-mash of animal forms. Some people, like Lady Paverell, are super talented and can shift in to many different forms, even ones smaller than herself.”

Follow-up Comment – “Sounds like Ayonah is a bit of a hypocrite. Budgie-headed guinea pigs, winged lion…”
                        Melody’s reply – “HE can do that. It’s his world. You’ll notice Shihiv is a black lion-thing with horns. Shihiv was a rebellious trouble maker from Ayonah’s previous attempt at creating a world. The previous creation failed, but Shihiv and Ayonah have patched up their relationship and Shiv now is helping (sort of) with this new creation by volunteering for the job of being a bouncer who culls out evil. Or what he perceives as evil.
                        Ayonah has made chimera forms taboo because of the past experience with Shihiv. So of course the rebels from this world are emulating Shihiv, even though they are terrified of him. He will cull them if he can get to them. King Serence has been tasked with protecting the rebels from Shihiv, but the rebels don’t know that. This plot is so complicated” … “Having shape-shifters in a story causes a nightmare of plot holes! -but it is fun.”

Comment – “And nobody thinks to wonder where the ‘kid’ went after he left? SMH”
                        Melody’s reply – “I couldn’t squeeze in the part where Thork says ‘well, enjoy. I’m heading home to check on the kid’. You can tell King Furic knows where the ‘kid’ went because he is facing towards the home fortress.”

Comment – “dag , just how much juice does that bottle hold anyways? I need one.”
                        Melody’s reply – “bottomless” … “it is perfect for a stressed-out group of people.”

Comment with no reply – “I’ve always loved how their animal forms resembled/had traits of their more human-looking ones and it makes so much sense that they choose them themselves!”

etruscan
                        Participant

Page 142:

Rueday_page142

etruscan
                          Participant

Page 143:

Rueday_page143

etruscan
                            Participant

Page 144:
                              Note – Kade’s wish was about 100 pages ago (relevant pages of Rueday are on pages 6 and 7 in this thread). I had to look it up. 🙂

rueday_page144

Melody
                              Keymaster

This is the explanation I gave on my Deviantart page:

If this page makes perfect sense to you, Thank you so much for having read my story so far!

-but you are still probably confused, so I’ll explain.

We have jumped back to Serence’s camp where Kade (the guy in blue) is trimming Podge’s toenails. It is a tricky chore.

Podge the poad™ hates having her toenails clipped. She becomes explosive when the subject is raised,

(a reference to The Veligent Page 88 )
                                and will detonate if asked a yes or no question when the answer is NO!.
                                (a reference to The Veligent Page 72)
                                Kade didn’t ask, he just got Peather to help while he quickly gives Podge’s sharp claws a trim.

The other two lady guards watch nervously, expecting a KA-BOOM! any second.

Lord Theotherone, the monkey demigod who loves messes, unknowingly sets off the poad ‘splosion by asking a yes or no question when the answer is obviously NO!!

Lord Theoth had granted Kade a wish!
                                (a reference to Page 49 Rueday)
                                But Lord Theotherone was having trouble granting the wish because it turned out to be more complicated than he expected
                                … and also there is a flying air carp.
                                Spot, the prophetic air carp, had answered some questions about the potential marriage of King Serence to Lady Paverill. The answers Kade got from his fish were a source of worry.

Yes, I can see how this page could be a bit confusing! -but so is the rest of the story.

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

This story is so awesome !!
                                  BTW, I *think* my dog 🐶 may have some Poad blood in her genetics…..
                                  She hates me to trim her toenails almost as much as Podge does !!
                                  But 🐶 has not gone Ka-Boom as of yet!!
                                  LOL!!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 455 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.