Repainting Breyer Horse Models?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Repainting Breyer Horse Models?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Hey Guys!
      Has anyone here ever tried or been successful in repainting Breyer Horse models?

I was thinking of getting a cheapie one from eBay to try with. What paints would work well? Acrylics or another paint type?

Any suggestions or experiences you’ve had?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

pipsxlch
      Participant

*scratches head* I know we’ve had a bunch of Breyers customizers here on the forum over the years, hopefully one will pop up soon. I’m not one! lol though I do have a very small left from childhood collection and pick them up at tbrift stores to resell-I’d advise checking there or yard sales before you hit eBay, or even here in the non-Windstone classifieds. One thing I will recommend is a model animal collector’s forum, STS is its name. There are a bunch of repainters and even sculptors there, and the people were pleasant.

I think that usually acrylics or powders are used, but don’t quote me on that.

merrillannwhite
        Participant

Might look at YouTube videos as well.  I was doing some research on apoxie sculpt and found a video where someone was customizing a Breyer horse by adding more muscle detail and changing the mane and tail.  There are probably painting videos too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.