Rehoming / Selling On Windstones

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Rehoming / Selling On Windstones

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    flaconscale
    Participant

Another one from me, sorry for the possible spam all
      As several of you might have seen during the last week I tried to rehome a couple of my Windstones via the offical facebook group

Pebble horses from the 2016 natural colour GB

In the end I had to pull the sale on general confusions

I had set the reserve at the original GB buy price which had been $200 USD but after being around for 6yrs I figured they might have been worth a little more. I think I saw someone try to sell one on an unofficial group for $300 but I am not fully sure. I don’t remember seeing many in the classifieds either.

So my question is (as a first time seller)
      How do you work out the value and thus prices of your pieces of for sale
      What is the scaling when it comes to how long a Windstone has been out?
      I really have no idea what I am doing and jumped on here to pick everyone’s brains

DREAM/GRAIL POAD = #9 of the 2021 Spring Young GB

---
      Always looking to increase my Poad Clutter.
      After GB poads of all ages
      Please Msg me if you have one who might like living in Aus

---

Seeking a Zeppard Poad, PREF Teal / Blue eyes
      Dream/Grail Piece/s; Okapi Adult Poad; #9 of the 2021 Spring Young GB

Courtney
      Participant

It really is based on demand.

I have sold things at a loss, at store price and for much more than store price.

The value, once you buy from store, is based on if someone wants it and how much they want it and if there are more than one person who wants it.

You can “take offers starting at $200” and have people PM you with offers that you can update the main page on.

Or you can set the price you want to sell them at “this is for sale at $350”

Or you can list on eBay with beginning bid at $200 and let the winds of bidding take you wherever.

That’s my general experience with selling items.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Courtney
        Participant

For example.

A grab bag hippogriff colt painted like a standard cheetah might sell at store price or a little under or a little over because there were many painted like that or similar enough that they fall under the same umbrella look.

VS

A grab bag hippogriff colt painted like a snow leopard might sell for twice the store price and sell within an hour of being posted because only 2 or 3 were painted like that.

VS

A grab bag hippogriff colt painted like a Okapi and two people both collect Okapi colored sculpts and both want it.

That could sell for a whole bunch or the 2 interested parties could offer trades of different values + cash or a variety of different scenarios.

I hope this helps a little and isn’t too confusing.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

pipsxlch
          Participant

It might not hurt to crosspost them here too. Lots of folks won’t go on Facebook even for Windstones. If you take offers you can update both locales easily enough.

Like Courtney said, age doesn’t necessarily bring increased value. If they were mine, I’d take offers starting at store price.

flaconscale
            Participant

@Courtney, Makes perfect sense lovely. I just figured they might have had that latter pull as there has only been one pebble horse GB

@pipsxlch
              , I was thinking of doing that when I try again. I has been a long time since I have fully used the forums and I am pretty sure it shows. But everyone around here is so friendly its ok <3

I was debating waiting out until early March and trying again.
              Give people some time to get over the glorious pegi GB that just happened

---

---

pipsxlch
              Participant

Waiting until many people have their tax returns or/if another stimulus check drops might not be a bad idea. I agree sometime in March.

flaconscale
                Participant

@pipsxlch
                  late March/Early April is also when banks here (Australia) pay out dividends

---

---

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.