fbpx

PYO painters custom commission rates and info!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYO painters custom commission rates and info!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

This thread is for artists and non artists alike!

PYO painters, feel free to post your information about doing custom paint jobs. You’re encouraged to use the ‘form’ below (thank you Mimitrek) to help standardize things a bit and allow for less confusion, however you don’t have to.

This thread is intended to help individuals that might want a custom painted PYO commission from an artist but they don’t know what artists are available. There are many people that enjoy Windstones and would love to have a custom job, but lack the ability (or just don’t want to) paint a piece. Or maybe you just desire a “So and So” painting! Whatever your choice, this is designed to help.

Please remember that Windstone does discourage repaints of production Windstone pieces (this excludes PYOs of course) and reproduction of existing Windstone paint jobs or color schemes (i.e. peacock, black gold, emerald peacock, autumn leaf, any Windsonte color scheme, etc) is not permitted (and is actually illegal). If you are afraid something is ‘too close’ it is best to check with Windstone Staff before proceeding.
      Also remember that modifying production Windstones (such as changing the eye color, or adding a new element such as extra sculpted horns, etc) is modifying the original and is also heavily discouraged. If you re-paint or alter a production Windstone, please, please consider marking it on the felt pad that you have done so.

This thread is for custom commission info only- please use other threads to advertise your completed pieces! 🙂

Important legal stuff: The information below and services provided by individuals on this forum in no way reflects or are associated with Windstone Editions or it’s staff. Windstone claims no responsibility for the information or services posted by the users of the forum. Basically, remember that any problems you may have with a commissioner or client are with that person one on one and Windstone isn’t involved or responsible. Thanks!! 🙂

Artist Name:

Artist Contact Info:
      (You should at least give an email address, but you can include: email, messengers, etc – please use private communication methods to share any personal info like your physical address!)

Commission acceptance status: (OPEN/CLOSED/taking some work/whatever your current status is for taking new commissions)

PYO Painting Rates:
      (Indicate if: the price range if the price is dependent on the complexity of the color scheme, or if your rates are static, or if you only list your ‘base’ rate, etc. If you are uncomfortable setting a rate, specify “please contact for a quote”.)

Sculpture__________________Painting Only__________________Painting + Sculpture

Griffin____________________Your Rate here _______________ Your Rate here
      Kirin______________________Your Rate here _______________ Your Rate here
      Dragon (small)_____________Your Rate here _______________ Your Rate here
      Wolf_____________________Your Rate here _______________ Your Rate here
      Keeper (big dragon)_________Your Rate here _______________ Your Rate here
      Unicorn___________________Your Rate here _______________ Your Rate here
      Phoenix___________________Your Rate here _______________ Your Rate here
      Muse____________________Your Rate here _______________ Your Rate here

(the following is optional, use as much or as little info as you want)

Type(s) of paint/materials used(e.g., acrylic, pastel, marshmallows, etc):

Brand(s) of paint used (e.g., Golden):

Are pet portraits offered (when applicable):

Shipping method (e.g., double boxed):

Shipping rates/insurance (Exact, or do you add a packing fee?):

Ships to (US, North America, Woldwide, etc):

Artist location (e.g. “California”, or “U.K.”for shipping purposes):

Other comments:

Do you take payment plans or have any “Terms of Service”:

*** Links to samples of work ***

(PLEASE do not post actual images- provide links only to help save bandwidth)

Rates For Other Services

Repairs
      – Minor restoration (e.g., chips):
      – Major restoration (e.g., missing pieces):

Other comments:

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Looking for the old list? It’s right here! Note that it is now closed and can be considered ‘out of date’.
          If you are an artist looking to copy your information over from the old topic, simply go to your post, click the ‘edit‘ button, select all of your text, copy it, and paste it in a new reply to this thread! Thank you. 🙂

This is an effort to have a list that is not 4 years out of date..!

Jennifer
          Keymaster

As someone that has taken commissions and has commissioned others for all types of artwork over the internet for well over a decade, allow me to make a few suggestions:

Artists and Clients:

– Be clear about all of your expectations before a dime exchanges hands or a minute of work is completed. Nearly all strife over commissioned work stems from either the client or the artist (or both) not understanding what the other party was expecting out of the job. Be upfront about things like deadlines especially– even if you do not have a deadline, it is a very good idea to set a soft ‘completion date’ where you both reasonably expect the work to be done by. The same goes for when payment is expected, detail level, and general sensitivity to accuracy in the work. Remove any uncertainties before money or work gets started and you will have removed any accidental unreasonable expectations before anyone can get upset. (artists, see below about a “TOS”).

– Be reasonably understanding that the person on the other end is a real, normal person with worries and problems like everyone else. Patience (within reason– again, knowing what to expect helps a lot here), understanding, professionalism and kindness will go much further than anything else. Artists are more likely to do a good job and make work they are happy with if they are treated with respect. Clients are more likely to be thankful of the work done and pay promptly if they are treated with respect. 🙂

Artists:

– If you plan on taking commission work more than a few times, and especially if you plan on taking it often, consider writing up a simple “TOS” (Terms of Service). This can even be in your commission form posted below! This goes hand in hand with ‘expectations’ and allows the client to know what to expect from you, and tells the client what you expect in return. Things covered above like approximate completion times (e.g. “painting PYOs, from the time I start on them, generally takes me a ]week/month/year] but keepers take longer, up to [2 weeks/2months/2years]”), approximate rates, expected payment times (e.g. ‘full payment is expected up front / half upon starting and half upon completion / you don’t need to pay me till it’s done / etc’), what happens if the client or artist need to cancel the commission, what happens if the client does not pay or can’t finish paying (do you keep the PYO? Do you sell it and refund the client? Things to think about, this HAS happened!!), etc. This can really help prevent any misunderstandings before they happen!

[/][/]

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

ARTIST INFORMATION
              Artist Name : grayfire artz (sasha Schoenneman)
              aka toshiami on deviantart

Artist Contact Info: My email is danelle.grayfire@gmail.com you can also send me a note over Deviantart or PM me on here.
              Artist Location: Rio Vista,California,94571

PYO PAINTING RATES
              NOTE: Pricing is dependent on the details that you want and how complex the design. Please ask about this in an email so i can give you a better pricing based on what you are wanting, These prices are pretty basic though and should cover most paint jobs.Also, price of the PYO are included in the commision prices listed already.

Sculpture:
              Griffin: $135-$250

Phoenix:$100-175

Kirin: $100-$175
              Bones Kirin $135.

Dragon (small):$130-$200
              Jewels scheme $160-$185

unicorns: $80-160. (i’ll paint them but i don’t like to 😕 the paint like to rub off while i’m painting it’s teedious)

Keeper Dragon: $175-$300 (depending on difficulty)
              Cuttle keeper $175-200
              Summer Dusk $300
              Kelpy $175-200
              Jewels scheme $250-$300

Wolf: $100-$200 (depending on what is wanted)
              Nebula: $200
              Summer night $175-200
              Starburst $150-175
              Winter kiss $130-160
              Snowy owl $100-140

i have a style that i call arora borealis or starburst coloring that has been popular. here are some photos of inspiration
              http://flickr.com/photos/olgeir/sets/72157603881406087/

for all pieces provided for me to paint by buyer cost of sculpture will be subtracted from painting cost.

i will also accept partial trade and payments.

PAINTS/SHIPPING INFO

Type(s) of paint used(e.g., acrylic): Acrylic paint
              Brand(s) of paint used (e.g., Golden): Winsor and Newton Finity acrylics,Sargent Art Liquid Metal Acrylics(these are metalic paints), Golden brand Interference, and krylon finnishing spray

Shipping method (e.g., double boxed): double boxed with origional box
              Shipping rates/insurance: I use Fedex to ship. they inculde Liability automaticly when you ship. This means that if anything happens that is thier fault, they will repay the vaullue of the item automaticly.Shipping is $13.
              Ships to: Just about anywhere, at the buyers expense.(buyer can also chose what service they want to use for shiping also)
              Payment Method: I take Check in the Mail or Money order. I just got a paypal account so that is optional for payment too.
              I will take instalments. payment for the shipping and cost of the windstone must be payed first before i start painting.

dragonmedley
              Participant

Name: Sarah Jestin (dragonmedley)
                Contact Info: PM me here.
                My forum gallery: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/image/tid/129
                You can also find pictures of ALL the PYOs I’ve done here: http://www.sarahjestin.com/windstone%20pyo%20gallery.htm

STARTING RATES
                Rates may go up depending on complexity
                Prices include sculpture and painting – shipping is extra
                A deposit equal to the base value of the sculpt will be required.

Griffin: $130
                Keeper Dragon: $165
                Kirin: $135
                Phoenix: $130
                Small Dragon: $130
                Unicorn: $140
                Wolf: $130

I also love doing trades for PYOs or even production pieces.

Medium used: Acrylic paint.
                Brands of paint used: Ceramcoat and FolkArt for the most part.
                Are pet portraits offered: Yes.
                Shipping method: All PYOs are shipped in their original boxes and double boxed with insurance. I ship with Canada Post.
                Ships to: Worldwide.
                Artist location: Toronto, Canada

I do take payments. I will ship the completed sculpture once final payment is received.
                I accept Paypal only, except in Canada, where I can accept certified cheques and money orders.

I’m not a fast painter – I takes me a few weeks to paint, as I’m a stickler for straight and neat lines – so please be patient.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Misty
                Participant

Artist Name: Misty Page

Artist Contact Info: mistysart@hotmail.com

Commission acceptance status: OPEN

PYO Painting Rates:
                  contact for pricing, price is based on complexity of piece.

Type of paint/materials used: acrylics

Brand of paint used: liquitex, pearlex

Shipping method: Double boxed, UPS

Shipping rates/insurance: Exact

Ships to: If you are willing to pay the extra cost, I will ship wherever you would like!

Artist location: Washington

Other comments: All of my pieces are hand painted. Usual turn around on paint times is one to two weeks. I can replicate any of the patterns I have painted with only slight variations (e.g. the shading may be slightly darker on one vs. another).

Do you take payment plans or have any “Terms of Service”: I will do payments, I only ship after paid in full. I will take either paypal or MO’s.

You can check out my PYO thread or view my gallery by clicking on the link below :bigsmile:

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/category/image-galleries/paint-your-own-gallery/opal-dragon

Hannah
                  Participant

Artist Name: Hannah Scheck – Yeralsan on Ebay (http://myworld.ebay.com/yeralsan)

Artist Contact Info: atoadaso [at] gmail [dot] com – or PM me here – I check at least once a day, sometimes several 😀

Commission acceptance status: OPEN ** Waiting list currently extends to September 1, 2011**

PYO Painting Rates
                    Prices depend on the scheme requested, so these prices are ballpark figures – for a specific price, PM me! These prices are also for the painting and sculpt only! If you provide the sculpt, I deduct the cost of the sculpt plus 10 dollars of the shipping that it cost you to get it/send it to me (as an example: A Griffin that costs $200.00 would be $160.00 if you provide the actual Griffin).

Sculpture______________________________Painting + Sculpture
                    ———————————————————————–
                    Griffin__________________________________ $160 – $225
                    Kirin____________________________________ $160 – $200
                    Dragon (small)____________________________ $160 – $220
                    Keeper (big dragon)_______________________ $250 – $300
                    Phoenix__________________________________$175 – $225
                    Unicorn__________________________________$175 – $225

I have never done a Wolf or Muse, but would be willing to try! Prices negotiable.

Type of paint used: Acrylic
                    Brands of paint used: Liquitex, Golden Interference
                    Shipping method (e.g., double boxed): ALWAYS double boxed and packed well enough to fall off a cliff safely.
                    Shipping rates/insurance: $15.00 flat for every sculpt except for the Keeper, which I charge $17.00 for – this includes insurance and tracking.
                    Ships to: I will ship anywhere, but the shipping rates WILL change for any place outside of the continental US.
                    Artist location: New Hampshire, USA

Hannah’s Windstone PYOs

Links to individual pieces:

Zombie KeepersBlueshiftKhufu

PatinaSanguineHaze

HakumeiCloudSable

I have a terms of service that can be viewed here:
                    Terms of Service

Updated July 12, 2011.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

pegasus4240
                    Participant

Artist Name: Angie French

Artist Contact Info:
                      Email is: pegasus424 @yahoo.com or PMs.

Commission acceptance status: OPEN for 1-2

PYO Painting Rates:

For now, since I am new-ish at this, I am doing a flat rate.

Sculpture ________________ Painting Only ________________ Painting + Sculpture
                      Griffin __________________ $95 _______________ $125
                      Kirin ____________________ $95 _______________ $130
                      Dragon (small) ___________ $95 _______________ $125
                      Wolf _____________________ $95 _______________ $125
                      Keeper (big dragon) ______ $120 _______________ $160
                      Unicorn __________________ $95 _______________ $135
                      Muse _____________________ $75 _______________ $95

Type: Acrylic

Brand: Liquitex

Are pet portraits offered: not at this time.

Shipping method: Bubble-wrapped w/ peanuts and double-boxed.

Shipping rates/insurance: For exact cost. Whichever carrier the buyer prefers.

Ships to (US, North America, Woldwide, etc): For exact postage and fully declared value.

Artist location: Idaho

Other comments: At this time, I would like to be given Artist’s Choice or very basic guidelines. For example, sunset, bluejay or an all orange paint job. I am expecting a no more than 45 day completion date from the time I have the sculpture in hand.

Do you take payment plans or have any “Terms of Service”: I require the cost of the PYO sculpture as a down payment or the piece shipped to me. Upon approval of final pictures, I require payment in full. Payment plans on a case by case basis. I prefer PayPal.

Work can be seen here: http://windstoneeditions.com/category/image-galleries/paint-your-own-gallery/pegasus4240

Any questions please email or PM.

Thanks!

-- Angie

Artist Name: Amanda Martin–Dreaming Tree Studio

Artist Contact Info:
                      amanda@dreamingtreestudio.com

Commission acceptance status: Open (limit 5 on list) On current list: 0

PYO Painting Rates:
                      Important note: Client must supply the casting from Windstone–PM me for my mailing address. (in the check out process on Windstone site: put my shipping address in the appropriate space.)

Whatever eye color you choose is up to you. You may either keep them for your own use if you are requesting your PYO to have eyes cast by me, Or please tell me if you want me to use the glass eyes. Crystal color is important, because that I will indeed use in your commission.
                      For complete eye color charts, you can find them here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.418160788216468.99889.259992160699999&type=1

(Prices May Change over time)

Foo Pup Without Set Crystal_______________$45 US and CAN_____$50 Overseas
                      Foo Pup With complimenting Set Crystal_____$50 US and CAN_____$55 Overseas

Muse_________$80 US and CAN_______$85 Overseas
                      Kirin__________$120 US and CAN______$130 Overseas
                      Wolf__________$120 US and CAN______$130 Overseas
                      Unicorn_______$120 US and CAN______$130 Overseas
                      Phoenix_______$150 US and CAN______$165 Overseas
                      Young Dragon__$175 US and CAN______$190 Overseas
                      Griffin_________$200 US and CAN______$220 Overseas

Keeper Dragon With standard Crystal and Simple “Keep trinket”:
                      (Single Pendant drop on ring)___$250 US and CAN___$275 Overseas

Keeper Dragon With a larger Complimenting Set Crystal, and a more Intricate “Keep trinket”:
                      (hand wrapped wire ring with Pendant drop, and other crystals, beads, or other charms)___$275 US and CAN___$300 Overseas.

If client wants any additional complimenting or contrasting crystals set anywhere on a PYO besides what they are shipped with:
                      please add $5 for 1-3 individual crystals
                      $10 for 4-6 individual crystals

For any more additional crystals than that, or other Modifications, please contact me directly for discussion.

Paint: waterbased; I do not airbrush, all PYOs will be Hand Painted.

Brands: Golden, Liquitex, Ceramcoat, FolkArt, Other Hand mixed pigments in a waterbased carrier

Are pet portraits offered (when applicable): Yes, Please include a quality image of your Pet either with the shipment of the casting, or if you are having it sipped directly to me from Windstone, please email me the jpg. of the image in attachment, along with any additional instructions.

Shipping method: double boxed in original packing from Windstone. All items will be shipped via First class US Post, UPS or FED EX. With Tracking.

Shipping rates are included in the above listed categories: Insurance for your shipment is available per request, and will cost extra.

Ships Worldwide

I accept Paypal and credit cards via Paypal, *Bank Checks, and *Money Orders.
                      *Deposit must be cleared by my bank before production begins.

Artist location: Massachusetts

Terms of Service:

Payment has to be made in full upon production of item. Wait period varies upon size, and detail of individual piece. I will notify a client when their piece/pieces have arrived from Windstone, or from the client for me to paint. From that point on, I can give you an estimate of how long it will take to complete.

Clents are free to contact me either in the forums, facebook, or email to check on the status of their orders. At this current point I will only accept up to 5 clients per Queue, and will post regularly when an opening has come up.

Dreaming Tree Studio has the rights to display any finished piece on any of the studios venues including; My Official Website, Blog, Windstone forums, Deviant Art, and public Facebook Pages upon completion.

If a Client is having a commission made as a gift or surprise for another individual, I will respect that fact, and will not display any related images until the ”receive-ee” has gotten their piece. If a client does not give me a notification of the permission to display a surprise piece within 30 days of sent item to the client, I will automatically begin displaying it, regardless.

http://windstoneeditions.com/image-galleries/paint-your-own-gallery/dreaming-tree-studio

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/foo-puppy-painted-lets-see?page=3#comment-807449

http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq200/CozmicDreamer74/Windstone%20PYO%20Gallery/

Posted by Dreaming Tree Studio on Monday, September 10, 2012

More to come as Production continues.

SilverDragon
                      Participant

Artist Name: Courtney (Silverdragon)

Artist Contact: You can PM me here on the forum, or email me at silverwolf539@aol.com

Commission Acceptance: Currently OPEN

PYO Painting Rates: I can provide the statue, but it will be added to the final cost (and the customer will have to put down a deposit if they don’t provide the statue themselves–the deposit amount is the basic blank PYO statue cost). The rates will differ according to the customer’s needs. The more detail, the higher the cost. I am open to natural-looks or putting designs on them. Whatever you would like. 🙂

***COST INCLUDES PAINTING AND STATUE*** (Does not include shipping)

PYO Keeper Dragon—- $100-$150

PYO Small Dragon— $80-$120

PYO Wolf— $90-$150

Types of Paints Used: I use only acrylic paint. The dragons are done with a mixture of air brushing and hand-detail (depending on the request). The wolves are only done by hand. Then the statues are clear coated in either a satin or gloss varnish.

I ship inside the states and international. US shipping is $15.00 and I ship USPS Priority. If you live in Canada or overseas, I can provide you a shipping quote via email. The statues will be packaged in their original box and double-box for shipping.

Feel free to email me with questions.

I have some of my previous Pyo’s under the Paint Your Own Gallery and some in my thread—>

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/silverdragon-pyos-new-small-dragon-09022012

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
                        Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

ARTIST INFORMATION
                          Artist Name : Kaelee Schoenneman (Koishii Kitty)

Artist Contact Info: Email: koishiikitty@gmail.com I can also be reached here on the forum through the pm system.
                          Artist Location: California

PYO PAINTING RATES
                          NOTE: Pricing is dependent on the detials that you want and how complex the design.This must be discussed BEFORE I agree to take on the job, and you must agree to the rate given. Prices below cover most ranges from simple colors/painting to complicated colors/patterns. Pricing also includes the price of the pyo, so if you have a pyo you want to send me, cost of the pyo will be deducted but not your cost to ship it to me.

Sculpture:
                          Griffin: $175-$200
                          Example:
                          Fire Tiger Griffin

Cinnibun Griffin

Kirin: $130

Dragon (small):$150-$175
                          Example:
                          Maelstrom Link

Twilight Fire Tiger Dragon

Fall Fern

Dragon Link

Keeper Dragon: $260-300
                          Examples:
                          Fall Fern Keeper

Rain Forest Keeper

Tropic Ocean

RedWood

Galactia

twilight

Wolf: $145
                          Examples:
                          Magpie Tiger Wolf

Fire Tiger Wolf

Winter Sun Wolf

Fall Tiger Wolf

Unicorn: $140

Fantasm Tiger Uni

Striped Back Dun

FooP (Foo Pup):$60-$75
                          Example:

Starlight FooP

Muse:$70
                          Example:

PAINTS/SHIPPING INFO

Are pet portraits offered: Yes, I can do portraits. you will also get a free sketch of your pet with your PYO portrait.
                          Shipping method (e.g., double boxed): double boxed with origional box
                          Shipping rates/insurance: I normally use Fedex to ship but I can use UPS and USPS as well. International will only be shipped USPS.Shipping will be determined depending on where you live and carrier.
                          Ships to: Just about anywhere, at the buyers expense.(buyer can also chose what service they want to use for shiping also)
                          Payment Method: I I take check, Money order, and paypal. Payments are accepted but that must be discussed FIRST. I with-hold the right to sell your item if you do not pay in a timely manner agreed upon.
                          I do trades for production windstones

Type of paint used(e.g., acrylic): Acrylic paint
                          Brand of paint used (e.g., Golden): Winsor and Newton Finity acrylics,Sargent Art Liquid Metal Acrylics(these are metalic paints), Golden brand Interference, and krylon finnishing spray

Other comments: TALK! Don’t be afraid to give me a long email about what you want. The more info I have on what you want is usualy best and I enjoy brainstorming with my commissioners. You will be kept up to date on progress as best as possible.
                          If you are odering multiple things,other pyo’s,painting commission,prints, I can ship them together.

All people who live in te state of california are charged sales Tax. If you live outside of california, YAY!

For more examples,go here:(more soon to come)
                          My Windstone Gallery[/url]

Rusti
                          Participant

Artist Name: Rusti

Artist Contact Info:
                            PM here
                            Email: rusti.knight at gmail dot com
                            AIM: sexyblacktruck
                            MSN: (same as email)

PYO Painting Rates:

Sculpture Painting Only Painting + Sculpt
                            Griffin $150 to $250 $195 to $295
                            Kirin $120 to $175 $170 to $225
                            Small Dragon $130 to $200 $175 to $245
                            Wolf $120 to $195 $165 to $250
                            Keeper Dragon $180 to $295 $235 to $350
                            Unicorn $120 to $175 $170 to $230
                            Phoenix $140 to $220 $190 to $270

Note: Commission prices are dependent upon the complexity of the piece you want. To hit the higher end you would have to ask for a very detailed piece indeed. Most will be at the lower end of the scale.

Paint Type: Acrylic

Brand: Mostly Golden, smattering of others

Are pet portraits offered (when applicable): Yes

Shipping method: Double boxed, USPS Priority unless otherwise requested

Shipping rates/insurance: $15 domestic $20 worldwide (will refund overages above $3)

Ships to: Mostly worldwide

Artist location: Illinois

Other comments:
                            I don’t bite, promise. If you have any questions at all, please ask! If you have something specific in mind, feel free to tell me. If you like, I can slop color onto a photo of the blank sculpt in Photoshop before painting begins as a ‘sketch approval’. I’m sure I’ll update this section as time goes on.

Trades: YES, I do take trades for production sculpts (and sometimes for PYOs). Just ask!

Yes, Payment plans are available, but nothing gets started until payment has been received in full.
                            I do expect payment in full at time of commission if no payment plan has been worked out. Full refunds only available if I haven’t ordered the sculpt (if the sculpt wasn’t provided). Otherwise, the cost of the sculpt and any work already completed will be deducted from any refund amount.

Okami Shiranui turnaround:
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/shiranui-1.jpg
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/shiranui2.jpg
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/shiranui3.jpg
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/shiranui4.jpg

Griffin turnaround:
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/fingriff4.jpg
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/fingriff3.jpg
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/fingriff2.jpg
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/fingriff1.jpg

Okami Amaterasu turnaround:
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/okami.jpg
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/okami2.jpg
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/okami3.jpg
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/rusti_knight/okami4.jpg

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Artist Name: drag0nfeathers

Artist Contact Info: Private Message is the best way to contact me

Commission acceptance status: Currently OPEN for Commissions

PYO Painting Rates:
                              Price range is dependent on the complexity of the color scheme such as markings or excessive blending of colors (such as multi colored feathers)

Sculpture Painting Only Painting + Sculpt
                              Muse $75 to $100 $100 to $125
                              Kirin $150 to $175 $195 to $220
                              Wolf $150 to $225 $190 to $265
                              Unicorn $150 to $200 $195 to $245
                              Phoenix $175 to $250 $220 to $295
                              Griffin $175 to $300 $215 to $340
                              Small Dragon $125 to $235 $165 to $275
                              Keeper Dragon $195 to $300 $250 to $350
                              Foo Puppy $45 to $100 $65 to $120
                              Foo-Dog (adult) $175 to $300 $230 to $350

Examples of a simple scheme:
                              Griffin: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20PYOs/104_2413.jpg
                              Dragon: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20PYOs/102_9523.jpg
                              Kirin: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20PYOs/102_8727.jpg
                              Wolf: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20PYOs/102_0252.jpg

Examples of a complicated scheme:
                              Griffin: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20PYOs/100_3771.jpg
                              Dragon: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20PYOs/104_1698.jpg
                              Kirin: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20PYOs/100_1061.jpg
                              Wolf: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20PYOs/103_0028.jpg

Types/Brands of paint/materials used: Water based acrylic paints such as Folk Art or Anita’s All Purpose Craft Paint. I also use Golden Brand Interference Paints and Pearl Ex Powders as well and Gare acrylic paint sealer for finishing.

Are pet portraits offered (when applicable): Of course, just send me a photo of your pet. The more photos, the better I more accurate I can capture your pet into the sculpture

Shipping method: I can ship with wither USPS or UPS. Insurance is optional and reccommended, but my PYOs are ALWAYS double boxed to prevent damage, no exceptions!

Shipping rates/insurance: I use online USPS.com or UPS.com by zipcode to get my shipping/insurance estimates.

Ships to: Buyer is responsible for shipping. If you want to pay to have it shipped, I will ship it anywhere you like.

Artist location: Massachusetts

Do you take payment plans or have any “Terms of Service”: Depending on the scope of the project I may require a down payment. Normally this payment is to obtain the sculpture, if one is not supplied by the customer, or one I don’t already happen to have on hand. If it’s a simple scheme I may only require a small deposit to cover these up front costs… HOWEVER for VERY custom schemes (as in complicated or unusual ones I would have trouble reselling if the customer changed their mind) a NON-refundable deposit of 30% – 50% may be required. Although I only require payment in full to be made before the finished project is shipped. I prefer Paypal, but I also take money order.

Do you take trades: Yes! Depending on what you have, I am always looking to expand my collection! Grab Bag items from the store releases (Unicorns, Poads, & Pebble Wolves) as well as PYO Blanks are my sweet spot!

Other comments: Normally a commission can take from a short as one week, but up to two months to complete. I do work two jobs besides painting so depending on the sculpture, difficulty, or number of commissions or repairs I have on que things can take a while depending on circumstances. I will however work on a case by case basis if there is a specific deadline required. I will only work on 3 commissions maximum at a time to ensure I meet any and all discussed time windows. One because I do not want to miss any deadlines by overwhelming myself, and secondly I would not want my quality of work to suffer either. I am extremely particular and ANAL! The underside of every scale and every feather needs to be perfect or I am not satisfied with my work.

Links to samples of work

My DeviantArt Gallery: http://drag0nfeathers.deviantart.com

My Windstone Forum Gallery: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/category/image-galleries/paint-your-own-gallery/drag0nfeathers
                              My Current Commission Status Thread: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/drag0nfeathers-repair-and-pyo-commission-list-updated-063013

Repairs: Repairs are quoted on a case by case basis. At this point I have restored small chips and scratched to complete rebuilds so the prices range greatly.

– Minor Damage:

Flion
                              BEFORE: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20Repairs/100_3299.jpg
                              AFTER: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20Repairs/100_3461.jpg

Hatching Tortoise
                              BEFORE: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20Repairs/100_8549.jpg
                              AFTER: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20Repairs/100_8695.jpg

– Moderate damage:

Copper Lilac Lap Dragon
                              BEFORE: http://s64.photobucket.com/user/drag0nfeathers/media/Windstone%20Repairs/CopperLilacLapBroken2.jpg
                              AFTER: http://s64.photobucket.com/user/drag0nfeathers/media/Windstone%20Repairs/CopperLilacLapRepair2.jpg

Peacock Sun Dragon
                              BEFORE: http://s64.photobucket.com/user/drag0nfeathers/media/Windstone%20Repairs/Before2-1.jpg
                              AFTER: http://s64.photobucket.com/user/drag0nfeathers/media/Windstone%20Repairs/AfterSecondTime2.jpg

Emerald Lap Dragon
                              BEFORE: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20Repairs/100_8856.jpg
                              AFTER: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20Collection/100_0397.jpg

– Major Damage:

Guardian Dragon Gargoyle
                              BEFORE: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20Repairs/brokengargoyles1.jpg
                              AFTER: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/Windstone%20Repairs/105_3148.jpg

“Maple” Stray Cat
                              BEFORE: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/M%20Davidson%20Repairs/BrokeMore1.jpg
                              AFTER: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/M%20Davidson%20Repairs/MapleStray18_zpsfb707693.jpg

– Progress Shots of my technique by use of Apoxie Sculpt:

Peacock Scratcher:
                              http://s64.photobucket.com/user/drag0nfeathers/media/Windstone%20Repairs/101_3129.jpg

Peacock Lap:
                              http://s64.photobucket.com/user/drag0nfeathers/media/Windstone%20Repairs/103_0058.jpg.html?sort=6&o=67

Peacock Sun Dragon:
                              http://s64.photobucket.com/user/drag0nfeathers/media/Windstone%20Repairs/GreenStuff2.jpg.html?sort=6&o=108

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

moonbeam
                              Participant

Artist Name: Sarah (moonbeam)

Artist Contact Info: Please PM me. Then I can send you my e-mail adress.

PYO Painting Rates: The price depends of course on the complexity of the design. Let me know what you have in mind then I can give you a price before I begin painting 🙂

I ask you to order the PYO piece from windstone and have it shipped to me. But please keep in mind that I live in Germany so shipping is a bit more expensive.

Sculpture _________Paintjob (starting at…)

Kirin______________$120
                                Dragon (small)______$120
                                Wolf_______________$120
                                Phoenix____________$140
                                Foo Pup____________$40

Griffin ___________$150
                                Keeper (big)_______$170

Here are some Samples of my work (I can reproduce each of these!):
                                Dúath Griffin (Paintjob $180) http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z337/myu-myu/duath.jpg
                                Snowflake Dragon (Paintjob $140) http://www.myu-myu.de/pics/windstone/snowflake.jpg
                                Spark Phoenix (Paintjob $160) http://myu-myu.de/pics/windstone/spark1.jpg
                                Aywen Phoenix (Paintjob $160) http://myu-myu.de/pics/windstone/Aywen.jpg

All the other PYOs I´ve done you can see here:
                                http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/moonbeam%C2%B4s-pyo-kamuy-wolf-page-2

Type of paint: Acrylic with brushes only. I don´t use airbrush!

Brand: Liquitex Soft and Heavy body

Are pet portraits offered: Yes

Shipping method: Double boxed in the original Windstone boxes

Shipping rates/insurance: Depends on the weight of the Sculpture. I only charge what I really pay. Since the exchange rates can fluctuate a lot I will give you the exact shipping quote in $ around the day I receive the Money using XE.com. Before that I can give you the exact rate in Euro.
                                Most of these can be shipped as small pakages worldwide for a maximum of 16 Euro

Ships to: Worldwide

Artist location: Germany

If you want a new design I will do a quick sketch with photoshop and if you are satisfied with it I will begin painting.
                                You will, of course, be updated regularly about my progress!
                                I can take Payments as long as the sculpture is completely paid within 2 months.
                                I´m not averse to trades either! Especially Ebay Kirins. 🙂 and GB Baby Unis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.