Prezaurian's PYO Thread – 'Red Flank' 5/20/16 & Commissions OPEN!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Prezaurian's PYO Thread – 'Red Flank' 5/20/16 & Commissions OPEN!

This topic contains 277 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Prezaurian 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 278 total)
  • Author

I think she eeeeked because she prob meant to post on the foo momma in the swap thread and did it here instead….. Am I right? Your foo appears in both threads and is wonderful by the way!!

LadyFirebird
    Participant

Color me puzzled and no offense intended but…what do you mean?

I was trying to post my pyo swap from Branzyboo and I clicked on the wrong thread–when I went ahead and posted, I realized my mistake–I was tired at the time. I deleted everything but it wouldn’t accept just a blank comment so I had to post something. Sorry for the confusion–but since I’m here, I will comment that your pyos are outstanding!

Prezaurian
    Participant

Oh! -laughs- I see now. I’ve had that problem myself. It would be nice if you could delete your own posts, but at least we can change them when we fudge them. And thank you for taking the time to clarify for me. 🙂

I have to say, I know you’ve probably heard this before but your griffin gif is adorable! And thank you for the compliment on my pyos. It always makes my day. The longer I look at them, the more I wonder if they’re any good (much to my friend’s annoyance). I guess you’re always your own worst critic. lol

Prezaurian
    Participant

I think she eeeeked because she prob meant to post on the foo momma in the swap thread and did it here instead….. Am I right? Your foo appears in both threads and is wonderful by the way!!

Thank you! For the compliment and help in clearing any confusion up. Both are much appreciated!

Falcolf
    Participant

I really like your sakura forest foo mom! I thought your choice of collar charm was great and I love the work that you did especially on her face and tail. 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Prezaurian
    Participant

Thank you very much. I really liked your tiger dragon. He looks good! I look forward to seeing your future PYOs.

Falcolf
    Participant

Thank you, I really appreciate it! 😀 I plan on starting a thread after I finish my second one. 🙂

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Ela_Hara
    Participant

I’m always amazed at the creativity of all the talented folks painting the Foo Mom sculpt. There is so many possibilities because of the many textures and items on her, and the Foo Pup, to paint – how do you guys keep it straight?

I also like your ‘Sakura Forest’… I’m trying to decide how to paint my Foo Mom PYO, although I’ll probably get some more PYO’s under my belt first before I tackle her. Great Job! 🙂

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    "And now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?"
    "To the stars, Bowen. To the stars."

>>> Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
    Participant

Well Falcolf, I look forward to that thread!

Ela, I honestly have no idea how everyone keeps ’em straight. I know when I work, I’ll finish a step and stare at the PYO for a LONG time (plotting) before I’ll do anything else. And apparently my face has an expression somewhere between puzzled and disapproving. Because I often get asked if something is wrong when I do it, lol.

As for paint schemes, I’ll sometimes get an inspiration out of nowhere. When that happens, I try to write down a description for reference later because I have other ideas ahead of it. I just don’t want to lose the idea because of being a slow painter. And having too many projects going at once. ^_^;

When the Emperor Quest was going, my entry didn’t get selected as a finalist so I’m thinking about painting one of the little dragons with my design idea. Because really, why not?

As for painting your Foo Mom, what kind of paint schemes appeal to you? Natural patterns like you would find in animals/plants? Or colors patterns that reflect ideas?

And thank you both for your comments. They’re always appreciated.

Prezaurian
    Participant

Just recently finished a Uni and had a quick question. I’m in the process of building a small light tent for taking pyo sculpture photos. Was wondering if I should wait until I finish to take pics of the uni or if I should just go ahead and post pics without the light tent?

Bodine
    Participant

Why not both?I would like to see the difference it can make. 🙂

BE EXCELLENT TO ONE ANOTHER
    The little things,act by act,deed by deed,it means something.

Prezaurian
    Participant

I like that idea. I’m a little tight on funds this month, so I’ll have to wait a little while to buy the final materials for the light tent (and then take the with pics). But I can certainly take the without pics and post those soon.

Waaaaaa I wanna see now!!! 🙂 lol. Whatever you want to do. Do you want people to see it in stages
    Or only as a completed piece? All personal preference but I know I’m looking forward to taking a boo at it.

Prezaurian
    Participant

Waaaaaa I wanna see now!!! 🙂 lol. Whatever you want to do. Do you want people to see it in stages
    Or only as a completed piece? All personal preference but I know I’m looking forward to taking a boo at it.

Actually it’s funny you mention stages. One of my friends wanted me to take progress pictures of the unicorn as I painted her so every time I completed a stage I took a cell phone pic and sent them to her. I still have all the pictures (rough cell pics, but hey) so is that something that would be interesting?

As for light tent pics, they would all have to be of the completed project. I’ll put up completed project pictures without and with the use of a light tent. Without first of course (because my light tent isn’t finished yet, lol).

Prezaurian
    Participant

Here is my first PYO Windstone unicorn. She is inspired by the Trifid Nebula, which contains a formation known as ‘The Unicorn’. 😉 She is painted in acrylics with Pearl EX powders and Spaz Stix color change paint as accents. Lacquered in gloss. The mane and tail also contain many Amethyst AB swarovski crystals.

‘Nebula’

If anyone is interested, here are the progress pictures I took as I worked on Nebula.

These are all without the light tent. Those photos are going to have to wait until I finish it. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.