Prezaurian's PYO Thread – 'Red Flank' 5/20/16 & Commissions OPEN!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Prezaurian's PYO Thread – 'Red Flank' 5/20/16 & Commissions OPEN!

Viewing 8 posts - 271 through 278 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Prezaurian
    Participant

null

‘Touchy Feely’ is my first PYO Oriental dragon. I love how he turned out. I painted him in a rainbow of acrylics and big cat markings. But the reason for his name is the liquid crystal ink I did his markings in. With just a touch or hint of warmth, they shift colors just like a mood ring. So yeah, he’s quite ‘Touchy Feely’. πŸ˜‰

Ela_Hara
    Participant

WOW! He’s Wonderful Prez!
    Where did you find that Liquid Crystal Ink pen? Does itgo on as a silvery-black and change colors from that? Because at parts it looks green, rust and brownish-red (redish-brown?).

Nice to see you painting again – I missed this!

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    "And now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?"
    "To the stars, Bowen. To the stars."

>>> Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Angelika_Zen
    Participant

OMG! Great work, Prezaurian! I love the way the Ori turned out!

Check out my gallery ** PYO Windstones for sale **
    Wanted: "Dragon Fruit #1" Male Dragon

Prezaurian
    Participant

Hey Ela! The liquid crystal ‘ink’ isn’t really an ink. That’s just what the website I got it off of calls it (so I’m calling it that too). It came pre-mixed in a bottle and can be brushed on. Kind of weird stuff. It goes on as an opaque pinkish tan and then dries mostly clear. Works best on a black background. So when its cold you see the black background and as it gets warm it changes color (red to gold to green to teal to blue). Then as it cools it goes back through the colors to black background.

The silvery bits are just normal acrylic paint. The liquid crystal ink makes the stripes more dynamic than the color shift paint. Its so neat to watch it constantly change color!

sherry10151982
    Participant

That is soooooo cool!!!! OMG!! It makes me want to go find my mood ring!! I would love to try that!! You did an AMAZING JOB!!

Landipan
    Participant

Oh wow, he is awesome, he’s so bright and sparkly! I think the Oriental dragon is so cute!

*Formerly meowmix101
    Not currently open for PYO commissions.
    Find me at: Twitter, DevArt, and IG @landipan

Bodine
    Participant

Gorgeous!!πŸ’–

BE EXCELLENT TO ONE ANOTHER
    The little things,act by act,deed by deed,it means something.

Prezaurian
    Participant

Thank you very much everyone. It was good to get a chance to paint again. And especially fun to get a chance to experiment with something new.

When I get the chance I’ll start work on a couple back logged PYO projects. I have a couple sushi cats that have been waiting for me as well as a Chophound mask by MissMonster and one of her blepping Foos. The female sushi cat will probably be next as I actually have a concrete idea of what I want to do with her.

Viewing 8 posts - 271 through 278 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.