Prezaurian's PYO Thread – 'Red Flank' 5/20/16 & Commissions OPEN!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Prezaurian's PYO Thread – 'Red Flank' 5/20/16 & Commissions OPEN!

This topic contains 277 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Prezaurian 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 278 total)
  • Author

Rylorien
    Participant

That hippo has great color contrast and detail. It reminds me of a nudibranch! Love it, especially the body patterning!

Bodine
    Participant

That’s a stunner!Great job😍

BE EXCELLENT TO ONE ANOTHER
    The little things,act by act,deed by deed,it means something.

Prezaurian
    Participant

😀  Thanks so much everyone!  Y’know…I had posted ‘Sea Flowers’ up in the Classifieds…but now I can’t find the ad.  -sighs-  I’ll try again.

Linda
    Participant

I saw the add and I just love it I wish I had money.

Prezaurian
    Participant

I was flubbing while posting which is why the ad didn’t show up.  Clay was kind enough to fix it for me.  Thanks a bunch!

Prezaurian
    Participant

Not dead yet! This is ‘Sea Flowers’, my first Hippocampus. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! If you’re interested, he’ll be up in the classifieds shortly.

Edit:  I feel I should mention that I won’t be doing this paint scheme again (though I enjoyed doing it).  So once he’s gone, he’s gone.

Prezaurian
    Participant

After a great deal of thought I have made the decision that in the next year and a half or so I will completely phase out my PYO Windstone commissions.  Make no mistake, I have enjoyed doing them.  Working with the people who have commissioned me has been a fun experience.  However, in the next year and half I hope to be in a job where the extra income from commissions will be unnecessary.  I’ll finally be able to afford to move back into my own home and be self sufficient again!

After that point I will no longer offer commissions.  I won’t stop painting sculpts, because its something I enjoy doing.  Its just that I will no longer duplicate old paints schemes and can devote time to whatever new ideas pop into my head.  But until that time comes I’ll continue to accept commissions because it helps me pay for classes.  Thank you everyone.

Landipan
    Participant

That’s awesome Prezaurian, I really hope you will get that job, sounds like a game changer!

*Formerly meowmix101
    Not currently open for PYO commissions.
    Find me at: Twitter, DevArt, and IG @landipan

Prezaurian
    Participant

It will definitely be a game changer.  I’m hoping to get into the program for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.  Basically an ultrasound technician.  I should be finding out if I got in some time in July.  Needless to say, I’m nervous.  I worked really hard on my pre-req courses and the TEAS test that was required for progression ranking.  But only 10 people get picked for the course every year so I’m sweating.  I don’t know what I’ll do if I don’t get into the program.  But if I do…it’ll last about a year and a half.  Then I’ll be able to get a job as an entry level ultrasound tech.  Much better than what I was doing AND a LOT better than what I’m currently doing.

Ela_Hara
    Participant

GOOD LUCK! That’s so Exciting!
    I hope you get into the program. 😀 When in July will you know?
    Crossing everything I can to throw Great Fortune and Good Luck your way!

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    "And now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?"
    "To the stars, Bowen. To the stars."

>>> Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
    Participant

I was told they were aiming for the second week of July.  I’m crossing my fingers too.  Seventy percent of ranking is based on your scores in the 2 Anatomy & Physiology lecture plus lab classes (they also look at how many times you took the 2 Anatomy classes) and the other thirty percent is based on the score you got on the TEAS test.  I took Anatomy 1 & 2 just once and made 4.0 in each one.  And the TEAS I got a score of 94 overall.  My friends all think I’ll get in but I keep sweating and thinking…maybe some other people did better than I did.  But I’m my own worst enemy.  I could have gotten a 100 on the TEAS and I’d still be worrying.

Ela_Hara
    Participant

You’re too funny…. Worry Wart!
    With those scores you hopefully will get in – I’m pulling for Ya Prez! That would be Awesome!

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    "And now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?"
    "To the stars, Bowen. To the stars."

>>> Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Tig3r06
    Participant

With those scores i can’t see a reason you wouldn’t get in.  Wishing you the best!

Prezaurian
    Participant

Thanks for the votes of confidence Ela_Hara and Tig3r06.  Much appreciated as notification date approaches.

On a side note, think I could get some critiques on my PYOs?  I like the work I do on them, but was wondering if there is something I could improve?  I ask because while I get a positive reception whenever I post pics of them (which I appreciate to no end) they move SO slowly.  Are they too bright for people’s tastes?  Not elaborate enough?  Too elaborate?  As a seller of PYOs am I just unpleasant to deal with?  I just wonder because I see simpler PYO designs sell faster and more complex designs sell faster and I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong.  Any friendly critique or advice is welcome.

Rylorien
    Participant

I think there are a lot of factors that go into the process of purchasing a pyo.

New releases are definitely a factor. Was a new beloved LP color released? Or a new grab bag? I know a lot of people splurged on the specialness of the Kickstarter and may not have tons of money laying around. Or “life troubles” pop up and savings disappear like water evaporating.

There’s also a great deal of personal preference that goes into whether or not a person will buy a PYO. I loved your latest hippocampus, for example, but I was discontent over the base. To me at least it felt like the animal blended into the base too much and a brown or mossy green base with pink/orange corals would have helped it stand out more. *But* even if the base had been different I likely wouldn’t have bought it just wouldn’t resonate with my collection. Another sticking point for me is eye colors; I can completely love a piece and have it fall short of perfection just due to the wrong eye color. I’ve been dumb in the past buying those ‘near perfect’ pieces expecting to come to love them but never do so nowadays I just don’t. Those are just my personal preferences though and I can’t speak for other people, though I’m sure there are somebodies out there with whom my ideology resonates.

Some people are content simply to adore from afar, too. There are many schemes that I think are amazing but aren’t ones I’d necessarily want to own…

That’s just my two cents about it though.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.