Prezaurian's PYO Thread – 'Red Flank' 5/20/16 & Commissions OPEN!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Prezaurian's PYO Thread – 'Red Flank' 5/20/16 & Commissions OPEN!

This topic contains 277 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Prezaurian 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 278 total)
  • Author

Prezaurian
    Participant

Hey all! In an effort to share my PYO work and get feedback I’ve decided to mimic other artists here and start a thread of my own. I know there are many other exceptionally talented artists here but I thought I could share my own humble attempts as well. Can only get better by continuing to try after all! For a first post I guess I’ll re-share some of my previous PYO pieces, followed by a non-Windstone that I’d love some suggestions/ideas for paint schemes. Please excuse any errors, this is going to be my first time trying to post images to the forum. And a big Thank you to Hannah for posting your wonderful Windstone HTML guide!

My first PYO ever – ‘Dusk’

‘Snow Penpard’

‘Samson’ who was a gift for a friend modeled after a shoulder puppet she bought.

‘Dichroic Heart’ who I used oodles of interference paint and a few touches of ‘magic’ paint.

And finally, this figure. Started life out as an incense burner that worked TERRRIBLY! So I decided to scrap the original use and give her a new paint job. She’s been spray painted flat white for starters. Now for some color…but I’m a bit stumped. What do you guys think would look good on her? I don’t want to paint her like Tiamat/Thakisis from D&D fame…so what WOULD work? Any suggestions would be much loved/appreciated!

Also, if anything isn’t showing up let me know and I will try to fix it. ^_^;

Hey is that the incense dragon smoker that they sell at walmart? I’d swear I’ve seen that before!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Prezaurian
    Participant

Hey is that the incense dragon smoker that they sell at walmart? I’d swear I’ve seen that before!

Indeed she is! I bought her five or so years ago. Tried incense cones in her and…they go out in about a minute. They don’t even keep smoking! -sighs- The air circulation is too poor even with more holes drilled in. So time for a makeover!

Kim
    Participant

Your dragons and griffins are so cool! Nice original colour schemes!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
    Participant

All of your PYOs are really wonderfully done! You’ve got a nice techique – your ‘Dichonic Heart’ Keeper Dragon and Sampson’s Griffin ‘double’ are especially nice!

I’m working on my first PYO piece and hope to do a couple more in December. I’ll start a PYO thread sometime in December when I get a couple more done.
    🙂

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    "And now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?"
    "To the stars, Bowen. To the stars."

>>> Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
    Participant

Thank you all for your kind words and replies!

Kim, that does me a world of good to hear that. I’m normally never quite sure if I’ve gone far enough with a design on these guys. So thank you very much. I’m hoping to gradually creep up to more elaborate paint schemes as I continue painting Windstones.

Ela-Hara, thank you very much! Dichroic Heart has to be one of my favorites to date. Can you believe she’s the one my cats chewed on while I was painting her!? Her poor nose! T_T I’m looking forward to seeing some of your PYOs! So I’ll keep an eye out for when your thread goes up.

On a side note, after staring at the 5 headed dragon for awhile I think I may have an idea. This gal’s scales really reminded me of King Ghidorah. It’s not really elaborate but…it seems fitting. What do you guys think?

Ela_Hara
    Participant

King Ghidorah looks like it might be a good choice.
    Another idea would be to maybe have a main color for the body and pick close analogous colors for the heads, to give each head a personality of it’s own.

Good Luck… can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Prezaurian
    Participant

Another idea would be to maybe have a main color for the body and pick close analogous colors for the heads, to give each head a personality of it’s own.

Oh! Instead of different analogous colors…perhaps same color heads but different facial markings! XD Thanks!

Ela_Hara
    Participant

Oh! Instead of different analogous colors…perhaps same color heads but different facial markings! XD Thanks!

Yeah… a mean one, a nice one, a puzzled one, a lazy one… etc. Whatever you can dream up!

Prezaurian
    Participant

‘Queen Ghidorah’

This is the 5 Headed Dragon incense burner that I decided to repaint. Because of all her nooks/crannies, she was a challenge. I chose the name Queen Ghidorah because her color scheme was inspired by King Ghidorah. In the future I will try to stick to Windstone PYOs for this thread. Besides, Windstone PYOs are smoother and in general more fun to work with. Despite all this, I do like how she turned out. I decided not to put different markings on each of her heads. Because the heads are so deeply textured I didn’t think they would work or look good. Though I am disappointed not to have been able to add them.

lol, I promise she doesn’t look quite as ‘flat’ in person.

Falcolf
    Participant

I love the blue mouth! This turned out awesome! 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Prezaurian
    Participant

Prezaurian
    Participant

Pegasus4240 put up some great pictures of her in the swap thread when she arrived in the mail, but I figure I’ll be consistent on my thread and add Sakura Forest over here too. Anyways, here is Sakura Forest for the 2013 Forest Theme PYO Swap.

‘Sakura Forest’

LadyFirebird
    Participant

Eeeeekkk! Posted on wrong thread!

Prezaurian
    Participant

Color me puzzled and no offense intended but…what do you mean?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.