no No NO NOOOOOO!!! …. Wow… I can't even believe that just happened…

Home Forums Miscellany Community no No NO NOOOOOO!!! …. Wow… I can't even believe that just happened…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Was exactly what came out of my mouth last night when my cat knocked over an ENTIRE glass display case of Windstones off one of my top shelves as I looked on in horror!

I have a room in the rear of my house that is basically a spare room in an awkward shape that connects my living room and kitchen. It has doors on either end and it eventually ended up becoming “The Windstone Shrine” which is where about 95% of my Windstones are displayed in the only “cat – free” zone since it’s easily closed off. Shelves line the entire length wall to ceiling and one wall with windows has short book shelves. So on top of those book shelves are glass cases with UV protection glass that I put my most prized pieces in.

I also happen to keep all my painting supplies on a desk in there too… So I went in there real quick to grab a color and left the door open. (thinking I’ll be just a second and I’m only going like 10 feet away because it was just for a quick touch up on something) It only took about a minute…. and then… hear that sound… Do you know the one? That subtle noise you develop a 6th sense as a Windstone collector to recognizing when you hear it… that sound of two Windstones lightly clacking together. I turn and my cat Faye has climbed around a cluster of display pieces and is now standing on top of one of the glass boxes when our eyes meet. *dramatic pause* Cat knows she is not supposed to be there and sees that I see she is there. In a split second she springs off the glass case! “NO!” sending it flying backwards and flipping off the base “NOOO!” to then knock against the wall and then be propelled forward from the momentum “NOOOOOO!” and finally smash to the floor! “NOOOOOOOO!” As it fell it flipped OVER the 5 Windstones inside the case, slapped against another shelf below it and exploded against the floor … ALL WITHOUT TOUCHING A SINGLE ONE!

OMG! HEART ATTACK! My display case is broken to bits, but every Windstone escaped unscathed! Holy crap!!! *clutches chest*

“WOW! I can’t even believe that just happened!”

So have any of you had any close calls like that?

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
      Participant

Wow – that cat definitely used up four of her nine lives last night!  Glad that the Windstones were unharmed.

Susie
        Keymaster

Wow.  I was reading through anticipating the death toll…  I am so glad they are o.k.!

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

Omg! My heart stopped when i read the title of your thread!!! I was like  Nooooooooooooooo! I have a grail that lives there!!! Lol

super glad to read your gypsum babies were unharmed and that your cat was left with at least ONE life to live 😉

my heart is still racing!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

StormDancer
            Participant

Oh wow. That was a heart stopping read. I am so glad they are all safe and sound! Hope you hugged your guardian angel!

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Kim
              Blocked

Oh my gosh!  I thought you were going to say a bunch of your precious Windstones were smashed!  Naughty cat!  What were the lucky 5 survivors out of curiosity?  I just have my 3 tall glass curio cabinets in my living room and the cat tree is coincidentally right beside them because of the layout of the room so my cats regularly jump on top of the curios and sometimes sleep on them.  I used to be afraid they could get knocked over but luckily they are so weighed down by all the pieces, they don’t move at all.  I am just glad everything is behind glass doors because a few times I have opened the cases to move or look at pieces and my cats would immediately come over and try to check out the pieces inside.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                Participant

I bet you aged five years.Glad it turned out well for all.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

siberakh1
                  Participant

Talk about a heart attack drag0n!  Faye is a b$tch.  I’d be contemplating making her into a muff after a stunt like that!  This is why I’m going to route of wooden barristers. Only glass on the doors to worry about.  I’d have nightmares of glass shelves collapsing otherwise.  *pats drag0n*

phantomess
                    Participant

Thank goodness this story had a happy ending! Nice job telling the story, lol.
                      No, thankfully I haven’t had any similar experiences. My Windstones are all on sturdy wooden shelves, and most of my Windstones are dragons that are heavy enough they can’t really be knocked down by kitties, but the layout of the shelves and my placement of the pieces makes it pretty difficult for cats to knock things down, anyway. So that hasn’t happened! My kitties are pretty good about staying off of stuff when I’m around (although one will occasionally start to venture onto a shelf and stop while meowing a protest as soon as I scold him)– but I imagine they sometimes roam the forbidden places in my absence… but thankfully, as I said, I don’t have much to worry about.

Well, it sucks you have to deal with replacing your display case, but congratulations on your Windstones being unharmed! That’s amazing.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Hahaha! Thanks everyone. Yes I definitely grew a patch of grey hairs and I still check them almost everyday feeling it was just not possible none of them broke!

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.