fbpx

Nightcrow's 2019 PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Nightcrow's 2019 PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

Thank you!

Pipsxlch, that was my general intention – I wanted something that would complement my White collection, without being a direct copy. Glad that it worked! I put them on the same shelf with the Spectrals so they could all be not-quite-White oddballs together. ๐Ÿ™‚

Landipan, thank you! That’s a cool comparison that I hadn’t thought of before. They kinda do look like those designer sinks in various marble colors with sparkly veins… Maybe they should be displayed in the bathroom? ๐Ÿ˜€

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
      Participant

Continuing to finish old projects!

This one I’ve been calling “Copper Plum,” and he’s… different! Unlike my other pieces, I had no plan when I bought this dragon, so I made it up as I went along. He is my fanciest PYO ever, featuring 17 Swarovski crystals in total and incredible amounts of detailing! His large scales are textured round the edges with copper sparkles, and he features special glitter and interference colors just about everywhere.

Indoor lighting:

Outdoor lighting:

This one had a casting date on the bottom, too; it was 5/30/14. I’m moving on through the backlog!

(If anyone’s interested, Copper Plum may be for sale.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
        Participant

Looking at photos of Copper Plum is like playing a game called “find the crystals” – even for me, and I know where they’re supposed to be! ๐Ÿ™‚

Bodine
          Participant

Love it๐Ÿ’–

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Landipan
            Participant

Ha! I’m still looking to try and find all the gems, what a gorgeous dragon you’ve done!

*Formerly meowmix101
              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Nightcrow
              Participant

Thanks!

It may be a helpful hint to note he has 1 purple crystal and 16 pale yellow crystals. ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad you like him; he took forever and was a good lesson on why I shouldn’t try to paint without a plan, but at least I got to try all sorts of different things on him!

Nightcrow
                Participant

Still working on old stuff! This guy has been finished for months; I just couldn’t seem to get a good picture.

His name is Sirius. You can probably guess the reference. ๐Ÿ™‚

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3CAhnpE.jpg[/img]

Sirius is very hard to photograph! He does have subtle grey shading over his fur, but it’s pretty much invisible to cameras. This pic kiiiind of gives you an idea – you can sort of tell that he’s blacker around the constellation, the only area I left unshaded.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/AbooPLE.jpg[/img]

I think I bought this PYO shortly after the sculpt came out. (Does anyone know what year that was?) His eyes were glued in when he came, because that’s how PYO ordering worked back then. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m not such a fangirl of the series now, or at least not in the same way, but it’s very satisfying to see him on the shelf with my little HP character figures.

Bodine
                  Participant

Love the star pattern.I’m a sucker for space themes.

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Suzanne-Marie
                    Participant

Gorgeous Nightcrow !!
                      Luv the wings and stars
                      Very well done !!
                      Hugs !!

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

Wow, Nightcrow! Your kitties look great together, and I love your Gold Koi dragons with the production Whites. Everything looks great!!! Go anything else lined up for 2019?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Sirius is wonderful – I love the wing tip coloring!
                          And – I believe I found all the crystals on the Dragon… the Amethyst crystal on his forehead, 3 at each eye (6 total), 3 along the display side belly side scales. 3 on this back behind his display side haunch under the end wing tip, 3 on the back of his non-display side haunch (also under the end wing tip), and 1 on his non-display side belly side scale.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Nightcrow
                          Participant

Thank you! I’m weak to stars and constellation designs, myself. Whoever did that fabulous PYO with the gemstone stars, years ago, it has stayed in the back of my mind ever since; one day if I’m ever rich I’m going to find that person and commission them to make me a griffin like that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Aaaah, thank you for the compliments! I do have a few more things lined up from the “I bought this HOW long ago?” pile. ๐Ÿ™‚ Currently in progress is a kitsune based on my family’s dog, and then I really need to get cracking on some partially-complete griffins.

Thank you! I’m so glad that you like the stars; they were tricky!

Thank you! I had a sort of Veil-ish interference blue on his wings at first, but decided that Gryffindor colors were called for instead and changed it at the last minute, so it’s encouraging to hear that you like it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Re: The crystals on Copper Plum: I think you found them! For anyone else trying to spot them, there are:
                            3 under left eye
                            3 under right eye (6 in all)
                            3 on left hip (9 in all)
                            3 on right hip (12 in all)
                            3 on right side where belly scales meet body scales (15 in all)
                            1 on left side where belly scales meet body scales (16 in all)
                            1 forehead gem (17 in all)

Landipan
                            Participant

Sirius is gorgeous! I love the inspiration, love me some HP! The lil stars are so nice <3

*Formerly meowmix101
                              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Nightcrow
                              Participant

Finished another one!

This is “Lacey” the kitsune, patterned after my family’s dog.

Here is the inspiration:

Angelika_Zen
                                Participant

Omg! She is adorable! The color translates well on that sculpt!! Very nice.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.