Nightcrow's 2017 PYO Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Nightcrow's 2017 PYO Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

I am, rather belatedly, setting up a thread for this year’s completed PYOs!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
      Participant

This partial-albino Kirin was my first official PYO project of 2017, begun in May and finished in June or July.

I’ve wanted to do a partial albino/piebald Kirin for years, ever since I interned at a wildlife rehabilitation center and was completely charmed by an unreleasable piebald fawn named Benji who lived there.

Look at this face:

Sometimes I couldn’t bring myself to scold him for doing something destructive/crazy because he was just too funny and cute!

After a lot of research and sketching and ordering my PYO and sketching on it and further research, I started painting. First the dark areas:

Sorry about the spots of glare; white areas on PYOs are hard to photograph!

Once I had his spotting mapped out (in flat color), I painted the white areas, shaded his brown parts, antiqued each with the appropriate color, and sealed:

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
        Participant

The finished product:

With his family:

Overall I am very pleased with the way he turned out!

GardenNinja
          Participant

Very nice!

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

I like the odd-eyes! One brown the other albino. Great job!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

dragonmedley
              Participant

He’s perfect!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
                Participant

That is beautiful!!Great job.Please share more of your work.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
                  Participant

Very cute kirin. 🙂

StormDancer
                    Participant

He is cute. Great job!

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

I love the bi-colored eyes! You did a great job, and they’re perfect together, as a family!!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Suzanne-Marie
                        Participant

What a beautiful Kirin and Family Nightcrow !!
                          Beautiful photo of Benji
                          Luv the bi-colored eyes !!
                          Very creative !!
                          I have an adult poad with COA that has bi-colored eyes; display side Light Blue, other side Lavender.
                          Luv luv luv her !!

Nightcrow
                          Participant

Thanks, Bodine!  I will try to.  🙂

I have several PYO projects in progress; I just need to buckle down and finish them!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.