New Year's Wishes

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Year's Wishes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

Well it’s almost here–2011. I don’t know what it’ll bring and I hope things don’t get worse. I’m not one to make resolutions because I break them within the first week so what’s the point. But I do have some wishes for this upcoming year. I hope that something good happens to everyone here–get a steady job, a raise in pay or some financial relief. I would love to hear from my bank and them tell me that I have oodles more money than I origianlly thought! Or receive some check in the mail that was due me for reasons I can no longer remember.

My plans for the eve is to sit home and sip on my favorite poison–Bailey’s Creme over the rocks! Yeah! 😈 Then I’m gonna make myself some black-eyed peas over rice and squirt hot sauce over it. Start the new year with a ‘blast’. πŸ˜†

To everyone here–I hope something good happens to you in 2011. If you go out to celebrate, I hope you will be safe. I hope at the end of the year we’ll all have cause to celebrate and the ‘Heck Yeah’ thread will outnumber the ‘Whine’ thread. So for all it’s worth–HAPPY NEW YEAR! πŸ˜€

So what are you gonna do for New Year’s?

LadyFirebird
      Participant

pipsxlch
        Participant

i’m working Friday and Saturday- this is a good thing! I had no plans, so no problems. πŸ™‚ I also hope for some relief in the new years, good riddance 2010! Best of wishes for everyone here in 2011!

I am also working! Going to bring my son to work and we will ring in the new year together!! As for new years wishes I am going to put a dent into my debt, really gonna be hard hanging around this place, but its defiantly time!

siberakh1
          Participant

I’m working, albeit from home. Everyone else is going out for dinner, but they promised to bring me back something (which is fine by me). πŸ™‚

Oh ya Hubby is going to come back to town from work early and we are going to go out for supper as well, then he is driving to edmonton to fly to Vegas for a few days of rest.

Jasmine
            Participant

Absolutely nothing. I just want to relax and ring in the new year from my couch. And there was one and pretty much only one good thing about 2010, we finally got married.

As for wishes for the new year, I would love for hubby to find a new job, and right quick.

Diana L
              Participant

πŸ˜€ Hubby and I are going out to dinner – just the two of us – to celebrate our anniversary. Has it really been 40 years…seems like yesterday or at least a few weeks ago, amazing isn’t it?

For one and all I wish you all the best for 2011 with none of the disasters of 2010. Hooray for all those of you who have weathered hardships and upsets as a new year will bring all things good and wonderful!!!!!!

My best to everyone!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
                Diana

bayoudragon
                Participant

Well, the hubby is working for New Year’s… but that is GOOD! Because if he doesn’t work, he doesn’t get paid. SO YEAH, working hubby! πŸ˜€

I think I’ll go buy a new movie and just stay home and snuggle with my doggies. Stay off the road and avoid the drunken idiots. LOL.

My plan for 2011 is to finish what I started in 2010. 😳 The laptop and the fridge really screwed me up with the debt thing. BUT I started something new in 2010 that I want to carry over into 2011. I started really focusing on my spirituality (not just saying that I will). I’m pushing myself to become a better person, to see the good in every situation/everyone, and to face each day with grace and a positive attitude. It has NOT BEEN EASY, but I’m starting to see a difference in myself. I am handling situations differently (esp. at work), so I must be doing something right. πŸ˜†

I don’t want to look back. I want to be a point of light in this world. I have this printed out, and I read it often.

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                  Watch your words, for they become actions.
                  Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                  Watch your habits, for they become character.
                  Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

I hope everyone has a fantastic and safe New Year. And may it be a prosperous one! πŸ™‚

darjeb
                  Participant

The b/f and I will be going out for dinner and later the community is have a New Year’s party at the club house from 8:30 PM to 1:00 am but we’ll be leaving before midnight beause all the nighbors on the cul de sac get together around the planter in the center and one neighbors sets off fabulous fireworks and we all toast in the New Year. I might add sometimes until about 3:00 AM.

I’ll be working all weekend starting New Year’s Day πŸ™ and my husband has what seems to be a tummy bug ….what a way to start out the new year for us! πŸ™„

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Bodine
                    Participant

My toothache is so bad it is making my eyes hurt so we are grounded but that’s okay.My husband will be on the boobtube playing Fallout3 so he’ll be happy.Have a safe and happy New Year everyone.Let’s all make a wish at midnight that this year be a healthy,happy and prosperous one. πŸ™‚

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Allison
                      Participant

I’ll be spending tonight home with my whole family: mom, dad and my two sisters. For a while it looked like really stupid boyfriend drama would cause one of my sisters to bail on us, but apparently she got over it and has decided to stay. We’ll be sharing a late-night New Year’s “feast”, just a small meal made up of the kinds of foods that we love but can’t afford to buy any other time of the year. Tonight we’ll have shrimp, scallops, some good cheeses, dips, fancy breads and some home-made wine to finish things off.

Here’s hoping all of you have a safe and happy new year, and that 2011 treats all of you better than 2010 did πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

My plans for the eve is to sit home and sip on my favorite poison–Bailey’s Creme over the rocks! Yeah! 😈 Then I’m gonna make myself some black-eyed peas over rice and squirt hot sauce over it. Start the new year with a ‘blast’. πŸ˜†

Mmm that sounds good. I recently found out that the awesome rice I love at Chipotle is cilantro lime…so I tried to make some tonight and put waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too much lime. And it was not edible. πŸ™ Wah! But peas over rice with hot sauce sounds great. Can I come over? πŸ˜€ I’ll bring more Baileys!

My friend invited me to his friend’s New Years party with the promise that it would be a big party and would be awesome and great…and yesterday his friend canceled the party he was hosting to go to an anime convention with his girlfriend *re* I like anime, but really? Tell 20-50 people “Hey, sorry the party’s off, I made other plans” ? Not cool.
                          So instead, my guy and I are going to hang out with his parents who are having a block party. His parents are cool but everyone there will be old enought to be our parents so eh.

I hope everyone’s New Years wishes come true.

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

My family is all home together tonight… we’ll prolly eat ourselves sick with lots of junk food. Ethan made a killer mulled cider and we’re all hanging out in our footie pj’s. Just finished watching “Despicable Me” including the extras –laughed ourselves silly!!! Next up is “How to Train Your Dragon” with the blu-ray extras first… We’ll prolly have a wicked game of “Spoons” and “Zilch” and Roddy will prolly hit the sack early and the rest of us will watch other movies (don’t know which ones yet) while we put together a puzzle or two.. Hope you all have a great New Year!!! LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!!

twindragonsmum and family! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.