New in town!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Rye

Hey all! My name is Rye and this is my first time posting on the forums, but I’m so happy to because I finally got my first Windstones! 6 of them to be precise!

I’ve been fallowing Windstone Editions for years but due to low to no income I’ve never really been able to obtain any, that is until a bunch popped up in a local thrift store! I was really surprised to not only see them, but see that almost all of them were in fantastic condition, most of which with tags still attached!

My fiance actually bought me the Emperor for my birthday/valentines day, its just so crazy for me to have that as my first dragon!

The other 5 I got just today as the store was having a 30% off sale on all of them!

There are still a few there actually, as well as the large winged canine and feline, ((if any of you are local to San Francisco, it’s the Thrift Town on Mission! They are having a 30% off sale on them today)) I would have got the other ones if I had the money haha

I’m still learning all the colors and titles, but I believe what I have is a Ruby Emperor + Young dragon, and a Black Gold Young and Baby ((with a nose I will be fixing and painting)), a Gold Young dragon, and I am not sure on the name of the Blue young dragon.

I’m really hoping to get some of the scratching and coiled dragons eventually though, they are my favorite sculpts next to the Emperors!

But yes as for me, I’m an artist in San Francisco with 3 lovely feather children, my serama hens. One of the reasons I love the dragons so much, the Emperors Especially is their resemblance to chickens in proportion, anatomy, and their eyes <3 It's hard not to see my girls in them when I look at them. Beyond that I've just always loved dragons since I was a kid, and I have a strong appreciation for the incredible jobs on the sculpts and paints of these beautiful statue.

So yeah, hey everyone!

etruscan
      Participant

Hello, and welcome. πŸ™‚ Congrats on your thrift store bonanza!

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

A Ruby Emp as a Valentine’s day gift? She could not have have picked a better dragon!

Welcome, and Congratulations on your thrift store score!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Landipan
          Participant

Welcome, glad to have you here! And that’s awesome you got a deal on your new Windstones, so jealous! I wish we had a store around here that sold Windstones.

It won’t be long before you shelves full of dragon-y goodness, Windstone fever for the win! πŸ˜‰

*Formerly meowmix101
            Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Aggie83
            Participant

Welcome to the crazy world of Windstone collectors and congratulations on making such a fantastic haul. If you are so inclined, please post a picture of your finds on the “Show your Collections” thread so we can ooh and ahhh.

Rylorien
              Participant

Welcome! And congratulations on such a successful venture! It’s always a wonderful feeling to be able to find and collect something you’ve had your heart set on for years, for sure.

It seems rather fitting, too, to name yourself Basilisk while being a parent to a brood of hens. πŸ˜‰

Stormbringer777
                Participant

Hello and Welcome Rye!! It’s great to hear from another “Dude” that’s into Windstones!(LOL) Congrats on your new additions. Make room for ALOT more!! Bawk! Bawk! 8)

Kathleen
                  Participant

Welcome πŸ™‚

jmoore
                    Participant

Welcome! And congratulations on the finds!

Rye

Hello, and welcome. πŸ™‚ Congrats on your thrift store bonanza!

Hi there and thank you!!

A Ruby Emp as a Valentine’s day gift? She could not have have picked a better dragon!

Welcome, and Congratulations on your thrift store score!

OH I should have mentioned my Fiance is a he! Haha and I know right??? They seriously spoil me

Welcome, glad to have you here! And that’s awesome you got a deal on your new Windstones, so jealous! I wish we had a store around here that sold Windstones.

It won’t be long before you shelves full of dragon-y goodness, Windstone fever for the win! πŸ˜‰

Right!!! I’m so excited to finally be able to have some! They are even more gorgeous than I could have imagined, and I basically have a full shelf now! But the fever is catching and I’m already wanting to get more <3

Rye

Welcome to the crazy world of Windstone collectors and congratulations on making such a fantastic haul. If you are so inclined, please post a picture of your finds on the “Show your Collections” thread so we can ooh and ahhh.

I actually posted pictures on this post! From the looks of it they went under a different tab? But I’ll figure out how to post photos on here and definitely do so!

Welcome! And congratulations on such a successful venture! It’s always a wonderful feeling to be able to find and collect something you’ve had your heart set on for years, for sure.

It seems rather fitting, too, to name yourself Basilisk while being a parent to a brood of hens. πŸ˜‰

It really is! And inspiring too honestly! I got a couple PYO’s and I can’t wait to get to work on them.

And yesss haha basically all my names/handles on the internet are either Basilisk or Cockatrice related

Hello and Welcome Rye!! It’s great to hear from another “Dude” that’s into Windstones!(LOL) Congrats on your new additions. Make room for ALOT more!! Bawk! Bawk! 8)

Yepp! Ever since I was a kid I just realllly loved fantasy and dragons, and I’m a sucker for beautiful sculptures like these

Welcome πŸ™‚

Thank you!

Welcome! And congratulations on the finds!

Thank you so much C:

Celestial Rainstorm
                          Participant

Hullo there!

Finding happiness again.

MandBsMom
                            Participant

Welcome! Awesome score on those dragons. May they be the first of many many more of Melody’s pieces!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Landipan
                              Participant

I love the chicken photo in your Avi! I’d love to see the whole pack (clutch? Flock? I can’t remember what you call a group of chickens lol)

*Formerly meowmix101
                                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Prezaurian
                                Participant

Hi and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the thrift store buys. What a great find!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.