Nature's Beauties

Home Forums Miscellany Community Nature's Beauties

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

Such a beautiful plant!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
      Participant

My Lillies did well this year.These plants are 6yrs.old now.
        I have a tomato plant about 7ft.tall.I stand 5’8″ and cannot touch the top.👍

20200711_0656383

20200711_0655063

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
        Participant

I always love seeing everyones photos. I am so jealous of all the green! Its been over 90 here off and on since February this year and the last 3 weeks its been 102. Even watering the trees and plants outside they are wilting. I truly appreciate the time you all take to take photos and to post them here, even if I don’t always have time to post how beautiful I think they are.

Pipsxlch. That tenebrosa is gorgeous! I love the colors on them! The RLC is beautiful too.

Angelika, wow you have such beautiful scenery to hike in! Love the lizard! I think I’d go hiking and forget to go home again. Mountains here have so many people in them this year that I can’t let the dogs off leash to play. The entire state I think is hiding in the mountains from the pandemic, lol.

Bodine you always have such beautiful plants and flowers. I love the tomatoes too, but their roots steam cook here and it tends to kill them rather quickly. Folks who have water rights here can water enough to raise some, but even they are having a hard time this year with the dry heat.

Wishing everyone a happy Sunday!

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
          Participant

Thank you sweetie.I love watching things grow.
            Have you tried growing a couple of tomato plants inside?Set them by a bright window or under a grow light,water and feed.They have strains that don’t grow too tall.You can bend carefully and “train”them too,they will keep turning back up to the light.I had a boss that had a little “oasis” in his den.He used landscape rocks and stones.Set a few plants in it directly under a big light and had a nice little herb and tomato garden in the middle of his den.It was really nice.He was a bachelor though.Do you have a patio?Tomatoes can also be raised in hanging pots.They do produce fruit though they don’t do as well.Can you put up a top tent or lean to for shade,maybe that would work for outside.They need about 1/2 gal.water a day per plant after they start getting big with flowers.

StormDancer
            Participant

Yes, I’ve tried them inside several years back and they flowered beautifully but never really produced many tomatoes. I know inside I need to brush pollinate them but I didn’t have much time to do that. Now I don’t have space for them inside. I almost couldn’t find room for my 4 new Bantam dragons. I am so out of space!

Outside whether planted directly in the ground or hanging, even hanging on the porch they just dry out faster than I can keep them watered. I’ve even added those moisture holding beads to the soil. That helps some, but then the wind starts up. At 102 when the wind starts it’s basically like standing in front of a blow dryer set on high… for days on end. And thats why lean-to’s and tents dont do well. Once the wind starts the tent would end up either shredded by the wind if it’s tied down or in the next state over. Even heavy duty canvas hay tarps usually only last a year out here.

I literally had all the paint sand blasted off my brand new horse trailer in under a year by the winds and dust out here.
              Here you have to own water rights to use the water in the canals or ditches, that’s sold to you when you buy your property, IFFF the land had water rights to begin with and IFFF the original owners wished to sell them.
              Where I am at there are no water rights. So no way to irrigate anything. I literally haul all of the water I use. I am 7 miles from the closest water lines. So part of my week has always been to haul water to keep the cistern full and pressurized so I have water to use in the house and to water the few tress that have managed to make it outside. I keep hoping that they’ll start to grow and shade everything, but after 12 years here the tallest shade tree I have is only about 12 foot tall, and they were established before I bought the place.
              That’s why I want a decent winter so badly, at least then in the spring everything has some good moisture to get the year started.

Thank you for your suggestions though!

Looking for:

Bodine
              Participant

My goodness.Where do you live,Vegas?Bless your heart.Our heat gets very high but with the humidity we get it makes you wish we had dry heat.Weather you wear is what we call it.
                Mother Nature helps tremendously with rain here.We get plenty of it most of the year.

Bodine
                Participant

This morning’s pickings.😊

20200716_0621032

StormDancer
                  Participant

I live in Western Colorado, about 65 miles from the Utah border. It’s high mountain desert here and the last 26 years is been much dryer than it used to be. I just want winter to be normal here again lol.

Those tomatoes look scrumptious!

Looking for:

merrillannwhite
                    Participant

This guy is more of a cutie than a beauty. He (or she) showed up at the bird feeder the other day. I don’t know if he was eating the birdseed on the ground, or the mushrooms that had popped up due to all the rain.

turtle2

turtle1

Megan
                      Participant

What a lovely turtle! (Tortoise??) Either way, beautiful 🙂

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Box turtle. Very pretty!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Suzanne-Marie
                          Participant

Awww !!
                            Luv turtles and tortoises !!
                            Nice pics; thanx for posting!!

StormDancer
                            Participant

He’s beautiful! Box turtles used to migrate thru areas of Colorado but I’ve not seen any in over 30 years now. I miss seeing them.

Looking for:

etruscan
                              Participant

He’s beautiful! Box turtles used to migrate thru areas of Colorado but I’ve not seen any in over 30 years now. I miss seeing them.

Box turtles migrate? During the warm weather here in Maryland they will move around but I don’t think of that as migrating. People are good about stopping their cars and helping turtles cross the roads.

pipsxlch
                                Participant

Aww box turtle! Wow, Etruscan, people here seem to think they’re automotive target practice. Ticks me off. (how hard is it to avoid a turtle/tortoise?!?) They and the gopher tortoises are threatened/endangered anymore.

Sorry for the nighttime flash, haven’t been home during the day to take a picture in decent light.

IMG_2870-Copy

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 371 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.