Nature's Beauties

Home Forums Miscellany Community Nature's Beauties

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Wow! Thanks for posting some photos.

StormDancer
      Participant

Another bloom opened on my Venus Flytrap.

IMG_20200522_062610

IMG_20200522_062616

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

StormDancer
        Participant

And my Columbines are blooming too!

IMG_20200522_063029

IMG_20200522_063039

Looking for:

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

Just beautiful guys! Thanks for sharing pics!

I had no idea Venus Flytraps flowered! Such a cool plant!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

pipsxlch
            Participant

Those Venus flytraps are wonderful! Not an easy plant to grow, let alone well, congratulations!

Our summer rains seem to have started yay!

IMG_2607-Copy

IMG_2638-Copy

Celestial Rainstorm
              Participant

Those are all so beautiful, especially those columbines

Finding happiness again.

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

They’re wonderful, Pipsxlch!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

StormDancer
                  Participant

Thanks guys, The venus flytrap is still in bloom. I’ve never had any problem getting them to bloom. Stick em right up against the glass in a window that gets at least 6 hours of sun a day keep the roots planted in sphagnum moss in standing water and they bloom each spring for me.

I love the columbines too Celestial Rainstorm!

Pipsxlch, wow that bromelaid(?) is drop dead gorgeous! Love the cattleya orchid too!

Looking for:

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

I need to transplant some succulents into a larger pot. Does anyone have any advice on what to use? I bought them almost 3 years ago when my daughter was born.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

StormDancer
                      Participant

Any good cactus potting mix should be great.
                        A lot of times, because it’s so hot and dry where I am, I will mix regular potting soil 50/50 with the cactus mix to give the soil a bit better water retention. But if I lived in the eastern part of the US I would probably stick with straight cactus soil.

Looking for:

pipsxlch
                        Participant

StormDancer, the bromeliad is a feral in my backyard. I love bromeliads, so I’m happy with it. I’d be happy to send you a pup, but it does get pretty big and it has lethal teeth. To touch is to bleed! You have to wrap it in a towel. If you’d like one though, just let me know. And the catt is Laelia (Cattleya) purpurata carnea. My tenebrosa has 6 buds yay!

The columbine is lovely too! When I moved up north I planted a bunch and loved them. Another one that sadly can’t grow here.

StormDancer
                          Participant

Pipsxlch. Much as I would love a pup I don’t think it would do well here.
                            Outside I think would be to hot and dry and the winters would kill it and potted inside the dogs and I would be bumping into it.
                            Thank you so much for the offer though!

I’ve had some killer aloe vera plants over the years that my husband made me give away because he said every time he walked by they snagged him and scratched him and made him bleed, so I understand the wrapping it in a towel. One of them in the house was over 3 feet in diameter and bloomed each summer. I don’t have that much space in this place.

Oh I cant wait to see the blooms on the Tenebrosa! I’ve almost bought one of those a few times. But I’ve put it off due to not having a lot of space left for plants.

I need a greenhouse!! A BIGGGGG one lol.

Looking for:

Bodine
                            Participant

Those are all lovely.Thanks for sharing.My double tiger lilies did good this year.
                              I love Summer.How does your garden grow?

20200617_0552274

20200613_1128042

20200618_0548122

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
                              Participant

1st one off the vine.Fried green tomatoes,Bodinetoo loves them.Me,give me,a mayo and fresh cut tom.sandwich😊

20200618_0658042

20200618_0657542

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Megan
                                Participant

Oh man, Bodine, now I want fried green tomatoes! My tomatoes have barely put out blossoms, so I’ll have to wait a while, haha. Beautiful tiger lilies, too 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 371 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.