My growing dinosaur collection

Home Forums Miscellany Community My growing dinosaur collection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Pam

Pam

My dinosaur collection:
        http://s887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/Seijun/Dinosaur%20Collection/

And these two are my pride and joy:
        http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/Seijun/Dinosaur%20Collection/IMG_2188b.jpg
        http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/Seijun/Dinosaur%20Collection/IMG_2192b.jpg
        Two resin pilot models for the battat museum toy line, sent to the company by the original artist so they could approve the design for production. I don’t have the toy version of the maiasaura (first pic) but I do have the toy version of the dilophosaurus.

dragonmedley
        Participant

What out, they’ll take over the world (again)!

And all that while, all I’m thinking is, wow, what a pretty Poad… Shameless, that’s me 😀

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jennifer
          Keymaster

How cool!I have a lot of those as well, they are camping all over my desk. The resins are so neat, I have always wanted to get into painting some of the higher end dino resins but as always it boiled down to not having the money for it, alas!
            I have a set of the Disney Dinosaur dinosaurs too… do yours glow? I have a bunch of the raptors set up around and I was surprised the first time I turned the lights off!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Andrea
            Participant

Love the dino in the hamster wheel! 😀

So, do you paint the resins or is the collectablility in just having the blank resin?

Pam

Jen: The carno and the aladar do glow, but I have never seen a glowing raptor! Do you think you could post pics? The carno and aladar seem to be extremely hard to find.

Phoenix: I don’t collect resins because they are too expensive. The two resins I have are like prototypes basically, so they were not made to be sold to the public in that form. The company they belonged to made dinosaur toys for a short while, and the artist for the company would send them these resins so the company could approve the design before making the plastic toy versions. I won’t be painting mine. On the second shelf though (in the very back) you can see the toy version of the dilophosaurus that was the final product. I need to photograph them side by side. The toy version is a lot less detailed than the resin.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Pam Thompson wrote:

Jen: The carno and the aladar do glow, but I have never seen a glowing raptor! Do you think you could post pics? The carno and aladar seem to be extremely hard to find.

Sure! I will get some probably on Sunday if I have time. I have Aladar, the carnotaur and two of the velociraptors. I found them at a KB Toyworks store on the bottom of a shelf with no labeling at all except a bar code plastic tag that said “Disney’s Dinosaur” some months after the movie first hit theaters (what was that, 2000?), and was excited and bought them, so I didn’t even know that they glowed! XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

machineguts
                  Participant

Very nice collection Pam!

Christine
                    Participant

Christine
                      Participant

Actually, looking at it again now, we had that royal blue one in the lower left corner too. I don’t know the species!!!

I HAVE to consult my sister when she gets home from work….I bet she remembers other ones we had. A lot of them look SO familiar! Talk about a mind trip! These are so cool. Great collection!

megamibabe16
                        Participant

That’s a very impressive collection.

That’s an awesome collection! I have sooooo many toy dinosaurs from my child hood that are in the attic at my parents’ house that are just sitting there. I have a bunch of the jurassic park ones and other random ones as well. I was thinking about getting rid of them all. I have sooo many different types and sizes shoot, if you are interested i’d be more than happy to let ya take them!! just let me know! 😀

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Pam

I would love to have them! I haven’t even started rebuilding my JP collection yet.

You would? That’s awesome! First I gotta go digging through the mess that is my parent’s attic and find the big box they are all in. some are really old though (fair warning). I used to play with them all the time! so a few may be a bit beat up but i’ll def take some pics of them all to show you them. all shapes and sizes!

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

pipsxlch
                            Participant

I love dinos! This is an awesome collection. I have some that I saved from my daughter’s childhood also, some JPs and Safaris, and a large raptor that I just loved. None of my childhood ones survived my parents. I will have to see what I can find, I’d be happy to contribute.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.