Melody on Twitch

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Melody on Twitch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    LZ
    Participant

Per the 5th Poad Show, reminding Melody to set up a Twitch so people can subscribe to watching the painting process. 😉

As noted in the Wikipedia entry: “On October 28, 2015, Twitch launched a second non-gaming category, “Creative”, which is intended for streams showcasing the creation of artistic and creative works.”

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Melody
      Keymaster

That’s a great idea! I was all considering having a Patreon thing… not sure where I am going to find time to post stuff though!

LZ
        Participant

You already do so much, Melody, but with a Twitch you would just need to set up a good video station and then do your normal work of painting, sculpting, sketching, and so on.

Looking for...

Melody
          Keymaster

but… wouldn’t that be really boring?

StormDancer
            Participant

Well I think it would be interesting for a while. But perhaps it might be a venue that you could use for more livestream type of things as well?

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Hannah
              Participant

As an artist, I love watching other people work.  It gives me ideas and helps me work out new techniques I may have never thought about before!

Would it be boring? Maybe sometimes.  But don’t underestimate the amount of people who like “quieter” streams because they really just want some background noise when they are working or doing something else.

My boyfriend watches Train streams when he wants background noise.  Just cameras streaming at train stations.  You might be surprised at how many people watch these!

In other words: I think it’s certainly worth a try 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

LZ
                Participant

You’d think it would be boring watching other people play video games for hours on end, yet people do it all the time… and pay money to do so. One small gaming site I use tried using Twitch for a few hours to show how they do programming and design for their site. It sounds like dry material, but was popular enough for them to run about ten sessions of this spread out over half a year.

You don’t have to have the Twitch running for hours every day. You can say it will be on for 3 hours, starting at X time on Y day. Just schedule them weeks ahead of time and promote it.

Looking for...

BigCatKeeper
                  Participant

I agree with what Hannah said.  And no one is necessarily locked in to watching the entire thing!  I’m sure there would be people interested in seeing the stream from start to finish, but plenty of people could keep checking back just to see progress or wait for a part that interests them (airbrushing or detail work, etc).  I also think it would be a great way to give people an appreciation for how much effort goes into creating the pieces.

Suzanne-Marie
                    Participant

I would luv luv luv so much to see you painting Melody🦋!!
                      Since I do not paint (learning watercolors); I have no idea how air-brushing works, or how sequencing of color application works, shading, gloss or matte finishing spray, etc
                      My media is colored pencils, so I know how layers of color and blending and shading work with these; wonder if painting is similar or different??
                      So I would watch anything start to finish!!

etruscan
                      Participant

For those who might be interested – a speeded up painting video from Melody’s Facebook page:

Another paint quick.This camera app is fun!

Posted by Melody Pena on Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Melody did a similar sped-up video on FB painting a LP Autumn Leaf Adult Poad and I think she has one for a GB YPoad. I was very surprised and delighted to see her technique and the way she uses the paint pens – I would never have thought that other colors were used besides the metallic silver and gold!

It would be really neat to be able to download an MP4 of some and just watch them over and over – I’m weird like that…. the more I watch a technique the more I can figure out how to integrate it into my own ‘toolbox’ of techniques. I’d love to watch any that were produced!

Here’s another of Melody painting a GB Baby Poad – I think this was one of the ones done for the Kickstarter…

Painting

Posted by Melody Pena on Friday, March 3, 2017

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

melkatsa
                          Participant

Just chiming in to say that I would absolutely love to watch a stream of Melody working. I always find it really interesting to see and learn about an artist’s process, especially in a medium I’m not familiar with. And it does help people appreciate just how much goes into creating something!

Little Windstone behind-the-scenes videos would be great, too! It was fun catching glimpses of the warehouse during the Poad shows.

Melody
                            Keymaster

We need to do that.  Just haven’t worked out the logistics yet! It seems like it would be really boring though. It is fun to watch speeded up videos of painting, but in real time it is sloooowwww.

It is kinda relaxing though… watching paint dry…

Suzanne-Marie
                              Participant

WOW!! Just watched both videos of the painting; Melody🦋your hand is as steady as a surgeon!!
                                I could feel the luv in both poads you painted infused in every stroke !! Totally amazing to see the application of color!!
                                I would stay glued to a real time painting video if one is offered!!
                                Thank you for a peek at your genius mode of 🎨 painting !!
                                Truly amazing, educational as well as inspirational!!
                                Warm ☀️ Hugs💙❤️💜!!

Bodine
                                Participant

I would definitely chime in to watch also.
                                  Suzanne-Marie-on my pearl-ex powders,you have to multi layer the way I apply them but it gives a “deep”look to them.Kinda like candy painted car paintjobs.If people watched me they would probably scratch their heads and say “huh?”😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.