Mad,mad,mad weather

Home Forums Miscellany Community Mad,mad,mad weather

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 299 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

How much snow did you have?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Zeppard Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
      Participant

Be safe and make more snow critters😀

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Devastating tornado kills 23, injures 60+ in my home county. I’m fine and so is everyone I know, but it’s hard right now. Three of the dead are children.

Bodine
          Participant

Sad news but at least you and yours are safe.There is always light behind the darkness.

Pegasi1978
            Participant

That’s true. The tornado that caused the most damage (there were at least 4 in the area, not to mention the others in Georgia and elsewhere) was a mile wide, on the ground for 24 miles, and had winds around 170 miles per hour. If it had been a hurricane it would have been a category 5.

Bodine
              Participant

Heads up Florida-Gulf Coast…
                Hurricane Dorian coming straight for us.

pipsxlch
                Participant

Yep- the TV stations are freaking out here. We’re right in the middle of the cone. We’ll see what comes.

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Good Luck Pip!
                    My brother and his partner live in Ft. Lauderdale and I hope the weather isn’t going to be bad.
                    I’ll be thinking and praying for you guys in the Sunshine State.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Zeppard Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                    Participant

A Cat.4,oh nooo.Pip,Ms Joyce,Kalandra,etc.please be safe,move inland from this storm.It is headed straight for your area Ms Joyce.I watched and road out Hurricane Katrina and personally,we were extremely lucky,many were not Don’t underestimate the storm surge.

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Yes be safe everyone. Ms. Joyce is near the Euro model landfall; Kalandra near the GFS one. I think Michael and Starbreeze are Floridians too. Prayers for your brother also, Donna, and for my daughter in school in Ft. Myers! I live 30 miles in from the Cape, it’s far enough it should be weakening for me.

But there are thousands of homeless people in this area, living in their cars or in shacks they build out of scrap wood and tarps out in the woods. Most have jobs, it’s just that wages and hours are low and rents are high. (a recent study said that a minimum wage earner here- and a high percentage of the jobs are- would have to work 3 full time jobs to pay a low to median rent on a 2/1 apartment) Many are children. These people will be at great risk and need all the prayer they can get. I went through a hurricane in my truck once, it was not fun. And that was a weak and fast moving one.

Bodine
                        Participant

The state should have buses come in and get them.Relocate I am afraid.Miss. did nothing during Katrina and it was disastrous,they learned.Now the school buses etc load up whom ever wants to get out.I bet Fl. will too.Starbreeze is on the other side of peninsula but with a big powerful storm that will cover the state,no escaping some of it.Be safe.

Bodine
                          Participant

We broke a heat temp. yesterday from 1896.Record breaking heat today expected.No Autumn this year.I hope the winter is no where near as harsh as this summer has been.

Kim
                            Blocked

We had our first big dump of snow here a few days ago. We had about a foot of snow that fell in one day and I live on a corner lot now so had to clear the whole sidewalk the next day. Some parts of southern Alberta got over a couple feet of snow. It was cold and below zero (celcius) for a few days and then yesterday it started warming up again. This weekend its going to be warm and sunny again. The snow has melted a lot and will probably be gone in a couple days. Sometimes we get like 3 seasons of weather here in a day or over a week. Winter was last weekend and now it’s like fall and this weekend will be like spring again.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

sherry10151982
                              Participant

Damn!!! 3 seasons in one week!! That’s got to be killer on the immune system.

Bodine
                                Participant

I bet.
                                  We are dropping below normal tonight after the rain passes,breaking heat records last week.Our Autumn is here.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 299 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.