Lisa Z's PYOs

This topic contains 180 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Suzanne-Marie 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • Author

Landipan
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing the Foomin Foo come together! I really need to grab up a Foo dog mom/dad pyo someday, they’re really cute!

*Formerly meowmix101
    Not currently open for PYO commissions.
    Find me at: Twitter, DevArt, and IG @landipan

Lisa Z
    Participant

Having a day off from work helps me have time to blaze away on Foomin Foodog

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Lisa Z
    Participant

Looking rather patriotic by the end of Memorial Day.

Looking for...

Lisa Z
    Participant

I CAN SEE!

My attempts at subtle changes in blue shades got completely bulldozed by the blue pearl paint I used. It was the closest match to the object I was using as the source material, so I had to buy it, but jeez. I have to go back in with Plan B to repaint all the curls. My enamel stash made an appearance with the pinks.

This is the source, my dog’s collar, which suits her so well:

Looking for...

Landipan
    Participant

Cute!! I always like blue and purple together, and the red is a nice pop!

*Formerly meowmix101
    Not currently open for PYO commissions.
    Find me at: Twitter, DevArt, and IG @landipan

Zexious
    Participant

What a gorgeous Foo! I really love the vibrant colors, and I think your inspiration is adorable! (ps, what kind of dog do you have? c: )

Lisa Z
    Participant

My Foomin is a Cardigan Welsh Corgi, the center Corgi in this bundle, with the black “eyepatch”

Looking for...

Lisa Z
    Participant

Plan B completed. Looks better to me. Needed more silver anyway.

Next! Someone could have warned me the keeper dragon was so large.

Looking for...

StormDancer
    Participant

Looks great! All your dogs are adorable!

Looking for:
    "COSMIC SHIFT #1 ORIENTAL DRAGON" and "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

etruscan
    Participant

Very nice!

Nightcrow
    Participant

<i>Next!  Someone could have warned me the keeper dragon was so large.</i>

Haha, this was pretty much exactly my reaction after starting a Keeper.  🙂  Good luck with your new (giant) project!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Pearl Steel Blue, Mystic Umber, Pastel Rainbow, others), & production Lap Dragons with minor to moderate damage!

Also seeking Breyer SM Swaps bodies in poor to fair condition for customizing.

Lisa Z
    Participant

I think dunking it in a bucket of paint would be a lot more efficient for the base coat. omg

Looking for...

Prezaurian
    Participant

I think dunking it in a bucket of paint would be a lot more efficient for the base coat. omg

Rofl.  Patience is everything with these guys.  Especially the big pieces.  But I find it holds true for the tiniest ones too!

Ela_Hara
    Participant

He may seem intimidating but you’ll LOVE him when you are done! The trick I use for painting base coats on my Windstone PYOs is to use Acrylic spray paint – covers fast and well. You just need to be aware of not spraying too much in an area so it doesn’t puddle or drip. Light spritzes all around in a couple/few passes works well for me. Do it outdoors on a calm day and place the sculpt on a pedestal or table so you can walk around (or move the sculpt) and be able to angle upwards on the bottom parts to get underneath. After it drys (which is pretty quick) you can hold him and spray the bottom where the felt pad will go – or brush it on if that is less hassle.

This technique also works well if you want to try multiple colors on a Sculpt… Here are the beginnings from some of my earlier PYOs where I used spray paint for the base coats. https://ela-hara.deviantart.com/art/My-Next-WIP-Projects-WINDSTONE-PYOs-427130871

Good Luck!

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    "And now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?"
    "To the stars, Bowen. To the stars."

>>> Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Lisa Z
    Participant

Yeah but the below would be way easier and faster. 😛  We have a similar one at my work.

Looking for...

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.