Let the PYO swap begin!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Let the PYO swap begin!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
      Participant

It’s time for the PYO swap!

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! It’s long, but pretty much exhaustive.

We don’t have a β€œdue date”, but a β€œship date”, meaning everyone will be mailing their painted piece on this date. Yes, we’ll have a whole bunch of pictures coming up all at once, but this will avoid people falling short (it’s happened in the past).

The ship date is September 7.

Prior to this date, so on August 26, Drag0nfeathers will send out a message to everyone, asking if the piece is ready. You will need to respond to her, with a picture of your piece, before September 2nd. If you do not send a response by that date, you will be considered out of the swap. In all, that’ll be a full 6 weeks to paint your piece.

Once the response is received, you will be sent the address of the person for whom you painted. That’s right! Once the names are picked out of the hat, at first, you will only get the name and color scheme of your swapee. That way, no one will mail out ahead of time and create confusion.

If people do not respond, we’ll reshuffle – hence the picture of the piece. We’ll match the existing pieces as best as we can. Hopefully, we won’t need to do it at all.

TO SIGN UP: you need to email Drag0nfeathers at:
        amanda_richardi (at) homedepot (dot) com.
        No PMs, please. It will make things much easier to manage. She will confirm that she got the email as soon as she can.

The sign-up is open from July 1st to July 15th. On the 16th, she’ll be draw the names and email them to you.

Make sure your forum name is the first thing in the subject line.
        Example: Dragonmedley – PYO swap/Sign me up/etc.

We will need the following information:
        1. Your full name and address
        2. Indicate if you will ship worldwide. We have members in the US, Canada, Switzerland, Finland, Iceland, UK…
        3. What you want. For example, colors or theme, the sculpt, if you have a preference. If you want a Muse, indicate it. Otherwise, we’ve agreed that the Muse will not be used. It seems the keeper might be available. You can request one, but do indicate a second choice in case the store runs out. Since the store is still in the process of getting restocked, it’s a good idea to indicate your first choice of sculpt and another one, just in case.

A few more rules to remember:
        β€’ You are responsible for buying a blank PYO and mailing it. In return, you will receive a painted piece.
        β€’ The person for whom you’re painting will more than likely not be painting for you. This in not an outright trade, but more like a β€œsecret Santa” exchange.
        β€’ If you’re shipping outside your country, make the value 10$; otherwise, the person will probably have to pay duties, even if you indicate that the package is a gift.
        β€’ We’ll have a big enough group, so it’s possible to accommodate everyone. So, if you’re allergic to painting griffins, say it. Same if you only want to paint a unicorn. However, don’t ask to have so-and-so paint your piece! This will be totally random. We will refer back to the previous swaps so you won’t be painting for the same person again (if you’ve participated before), but otherwise, what comes out of the hat is it.
        β€’ It may be redundant, but make sure you double-box the piece when you send it.
        β€’ Don’t forget to sign the felt pad!
        β€’ Last but not least, do not post pictures, not even in your gallery, before the person gets the piece. When you receive your piece, please acknowledge it right away in the thread (I’ll create one separately from the sign-up thread). If you can, post pictures. If you can’t, mention it, and the person who painted it will more than probably be happy to post pictures.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Leigha
        Participant

I’m in!

Pegasi1978
          Participant

I’m glad I’ve got a little more time to decide exactly what I want to put down for my swap piece. It’s always such a hard thing for me to decide.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I also have a fun plan on how to pick names I will post on youtube AFTER everyone get’s their pieces as a sort of fun finale! I’m hoping the plan works and the animals all cooperate!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

twindragonsmum
              Participant

I’m in! Can hardly wait *bounces impatiently* Me boyohs will be helping me this time around πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

And the fun begins!!! πŸ˜€
                I’m in too…I am gonna be a busy painting machine! LOL

bayoudragon
                Participant

Oh goody! I was afraid I was going to be short on funds, but since we won’t know anything until the 16th (when I get paid), I’ll have monies. So WOOT! – I’m in! πŸ˜€

as always im in πŸ˜€

Melissa
                  Participant

I am in! πŸ˜€

LadyFirebird
                    Participant

Sent my email–I’m in! πŸ˜€

Hurray! πŸ˜€

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Sounds like I will have a lot of work to do when I get to work today πŸ˜€

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Yeah, double the work…same pay! πŸ˜†
                        But this is fun work! I think… 😈

Kujacker
                        Participant

Once I figure out what I want… I’ll be in lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 433 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.