Leopard frog wizard, pg. 4 – blue or orange eyes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Leopard frog wizard, pg. 4 – blue or orange eyes?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

πŸ˜€ Thanks guys! I’m so happy you like her. Yeah, the mane came out alright, despite it being all long and un zebra-ish. Melody’s carved it so that it antiques really nicely, making every hair stand out. Painting these really makes you appreciate her carving even more – this mare has details down to the tiny little whisker bumps on her muzzle! You’re awesome, Melody.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Christine
      Participant

I always did like the mama unicorn sculpt. I didn’t know that about the whiskers though. Ooh, now I want to get my hands on one more…

Sbianchi
        Participant

Wow! She’s BEAUTIFUL!

purpledragonclaw
          Participant

I didn’t know the Mother Unicorn had whisker bumps! What detail!

Lokie
            Participant

Looks great! Not sure what else to say except I’ll be envious of the owners of that family πŸ™‚

Oh wow…truly wonderful, breathtaking work! They are so gorgeous! Will there be any more additions to the family?

Arlla
              Participant

abatos wrote:

Oh wow…truly wonderful, breathtaking work! They are so gorgeous! Will there be any more additions to the family?

I’m working on the male now. I have a grand uni but I’m not sure he’ll be a part of this family… I suppose I should have the factory send me a young unicorn to complete this family. I guess we’ll see how they do!

-J R R Tolkien

Mmloda
                Participant

Oh WOW Arlla, she is STUNNING, I can’t wait to see the Male, I bet he’s gonna be HANDSOME… πŸ˜‰

Marzena

Maria
                  Participant

Soooooo pretty. *melts*

Participant

Arlla wrote:

πŸ˜€ Thanks guys! I’m so happy you like her. Yeah, the mane came out alright, despite it being all long and un zebra-ish. Melody’s carved it so that it antiques really nicely, making every hair stand out. Painting these really makes you appreciate her carving even more – this mare has details down to the tiny little whisker bumps on her muzzle! You’re awesome, Melody.

I’m drooling on my screen. You do amazing work. I can’t wait to see more.

Participant

Arlla wrote:

abatos wrote:

I’m working on the male now. I have a grand uni but I’m not sure he’ll be a part of this family… I suppose I should have the factory send me a young unicorn to complete this family. I guess we’ll see how they do!

*gasp* a Grand Uni! Ahhhh! My eternal weakness……

He would be great with that color scheme, please consider it.

Adaneth
                        Participant

Fantastic work on that mother and I’m really looking forward to seeing the male! πŸ˜€

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

HOLY COW!! She is jaw dropping AND breathtaking! My eyes bugged out of my head when I saw her, Arlla. I wish you’d do a limited edition of them πŸ˜‰

Karasgolddragon
                            Participant

I have never heard of a quagga before and obviously never seen one before. These are incredible! What exquisite work you do. I fall into the same category as many others here, I can look and appreciate but would never be able to afford the prices your pieces go for.

Although it is mild torture to see what I can’t have, please post pictures so I can at least appreciate what will never be mine!

Thanks!
                              Beth

Arlla
                              Participant

Papa quagga!

I’m really happy with this guy. I really took my time on him and he just turned out nice. He’s got the same golden tint of the foal vs. the more coppery coat of the female. I shopped eyes in again as I don’t have any that fit – sorry about that!

What do you think – you guys want a quagga grand uni?? (I’ve only got the one until more molds are made, so if there’s a particular color you’d like on a grand uni, post it here!)

and also, just for fun – here’s “Pearl.”

She’s a one of a kind Sea Jewel mermaid. The photos don’t do her justice – these little irridecent guys are impossible to photograph. I played around with the sealant on her, for instance on the rock – the ‘dry’ part of it has a matte finish and the ‘wet’ lower areas are glossy. Her skin is a pearly fish belly pale, with a slight bronzing on her back and hands. She’s dripping in pearls, hence her name. πŸ˜‰ It’s difficult to see in the pic, but there are subtle irridecent blue spots on the pink of her tail.

-J R R Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.