Lackey Readers?

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Lackey Readers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Anyone here a big Lackey fan like me!!! I am so bad that every time I wanted to reread something…and couldn’t find my copy. I bought another! ha! And my mom…bless her heart, did the same. So now I have like 3 to 5 copies of some of them. *really need to get rid of the extras..ha*
    So who else reads them over and over. They are like chicken soup for me…just makes me feel good all over after a bad day.

littleironhorse
    Participant

Count me in ๐Ÿ˜€ I just love her stuff. Although I feel that her latest stuff tends to oversimplify issues and their resolution, she still keeps me coming back for more!

My favorite is the Valdemar series, and of that series it’s The Mage Winds trilogy. Tied for second: The Last Herald Mage trilogy, Bardic Voices series, and Vows and Honor duology.

Then again, I really love all of her stuff!

Starbreeze
      Participant

I love the Dragon Jousters series. ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh, me, me! I love her stuff ^^ Her newest books arn’t that great though, if you ask me. The parodies of old fairy tails, they don’t even seem like its her writing! I hope she starts doing more of the Valdemar series soon!

Susan
        Participant

I even have her CDs and sheet music for Valdemar.

Elena
          Participant

I love her stuff! They are things that you can read and reread over and over. I really like the fairytale retells, Phoenix and Ashes being the favorite (and very well worn) and am waiting for the soft cover versions of the new stuff, hardcover is just too expensive esspecially when I’m saving for windstones ๐Ÿ˜›

lamortefille
            Participant

My absolute favorite: The Last Herald Mage trilogy. That’s bad news about the newer ones. I haven’t read them yet:-/ Seems like some authors lose it after a while. Stephen King is another good example of that. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Yeah the fairy tail stuff is NOT the best. The Valdemeer books are far and away the best. She claims she is tired of writing them. Her loss….and ours. But the sad part is she does not allow any fan writings. I figure if she is done writing in that “land” she could at least open it up to others.

I would love to hear that CD…bet its neat.

Patricia
              Participant

Lackey is my favorite author! I’m trying to collect all the books. (once I have room that is, most of the space is taken up by windstones right now.) ๐Ÿ™‚

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

littleironhorse
                Participant

whippetluv wrote:

Yeah the fairy tail stuff is NOT the best. The Valdemeer books are far and away the best. She claims she is tired of writing them. Her loss….and ours. But the sad part is she does not allow any fan writings. I figure if she is done writing in that “land” she could at least open it up to others.

She doesn’t? What about the Sun In Glory and the Crossroads anthologies?…

littleironhorse wrote:

whippetluv wrote:

She doesn’t? What about the Sun In Glory and the Crossroads anthologies?…

I guess I ment fans writing stuff. Those two books were her idea and the writers were invitation only. She also has a magazine with fanfic but its not free…its members only and is like 25 bucks a year…and the one copy I got was ummm….bad. ha!
                  I was thinking of fanfic online.

littleironhorse
                  Participant

Ah! Misunderstanding… And I didn’t know that about the 2 anthologies. You’re right, that’s too bad.

Not to highjack your thread, but do you like the Sword and Sorceress anthologies, formerly edited by Marion Zimmer Bradley?

I love that so many young writers, including Mercedes Lackey, got a start in one of those anthologies.

Oh, I love her. Lackey has two or so shelves of her own in my little bedroom library. <3

dragonmedley
                    Participant

My favorite is the Mage Storms trilogy. All of the Valdemar series is awesome. She also has some stand alones that are great, like Sacred Ground. She also wrote a few thing with other authors that are absolutely awesome, in particular The Lion Shadow and This rough magic.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.