Just a thought….

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Just a thought….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I woke up this morning with this idea so wanted to gauge interest and see if we can pull it off.
      Many of us are home with a little idle time,some small businesses are struggling to stay afloat,so I was thinking, how we can give a little boost to Windstone?My idea…
      We order small pyos,pieces under $27,paint them and then we sell them here,classifieds,but all proceeds go to Windstone.I know it won’t be much but every dime helps and it is a great way to bring us together,paint,and do something nice for Windstone.Ms.Melody and Windstone go out of their way for us.(Not a swap.)We volunteer our work and simply forward the proceeds of the sells.It would be helping our little community here in a small but cool way.Someone else could pick up the torch and host this,it does not have to be me.We buy a blank,paint them,sell here,send the money to the host and they forward it to Windstone.Anyone want to join me? Just a thought.😊

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

…or any PYO you happen to have spare.I have a blank Phoenix I will use. Let’s get together and do a good deed for Ms.Melody.After all her hard work I think she deserves a big thank you and round of applause. 👏👏👏

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Sort of like a ‘PYO Go Fund Me’ type of thing… Depending upon the time line I could participate.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

sherry10151982
          Participant

Wow!! That’s a great idea! I would be down for that but I’m nowhere near the level of someone wanting to buy mine. But it’s something I would really like to do!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

This is a great idea and very heart warming, but it’s something you probably would want to run by Windstone 1st. I’m sure there are a million little legalities for small businesses to accept donations whether its tax stuff or whatever else could be involved. Perhaps any proceeds being made directly to Melody would be better and not have it affiliated with Windstone as a business, but I have literally no idea. I just know it’s probably something that would have to be run by them first before actually implementing a plan to proceed with it. I know a lot of folks send them gifts (candy, pizza, things of that nature sometimes) but money is a whole other animal as far as the state of Oregon would be concerned. The complications behind a kind gesture are what would be my only worry, so best to investigate that further 1st I think.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
              Keymaster

You people do plenty to help us stay in business just by buying Windstones! Seriously, we’d be probably be living in a box under a bridge without your support.
                How about selling pyos and donating the proceeds to a forum member that could use a little help?

LZ
                Participant

This is going to sound cold, but Windstone is a business. If a business cannot figure out how to sustain themselves, they should go out of business. If they need money, prices can be raised on their own products. People will still buy them regardless. After all, how many people said on the forums that they would not buy the KS bantams, and yet ended up buying multiples?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

If you are looking for a good way to donate funds raised by selling PYOs, I know that most not-for-profit organizations are suffering right now as many of them depend on events to raise funds. Our little nonprofit nature center, for example, raises funds via attendance to nature events, all of which were rightfully cancelled, and has struggled to even make basic funds during this time. Wildlife rehabilitation is another good example. I bet you could find some really worthwhile organizations or individuals in need of help, wherever you live. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Bodine
                    Participant

Ok,like I said,just a thought.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

It wasn’t a bad thought Bodine <3 Very generous in fact *hugs*

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Suzanne-Marie
                        Participant

It was a totally kind , wonderful, and thoughtful idea, Bodine.
                          Biggest Hugs !!

Suzanne-Marie
                          Participant

It was a totally kind , wonderful, and thoughtful idea, Bodine.
                            I would have been on-board to purchase some PYO’s and donate the funds since I cannot paint.
                            Biggest Hugs !!

Bodine
                            Participant

💕

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

It was very kind and generous of you!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                My art: featherdust.com

sherry10151982
                                Participant

Maybe paint and donate to Melody’s favorite charity?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.